Psych Evals? Urgent

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

DesertSkye

Psych Evals? Urgent

Postby DesertSkye » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:54 pm

DSS is sending my daughter for a psych eval next thurs
my rights have not been terminated but dss
has custody

Do the parents have any rights as far as sitting in on this eval?

Thanks!
A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:57 pm

I really don't think so....because they would say the child wouldn't give her first reaction to questions if you were there...And she probably wouldn't..So they say it would be a biased eval.
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

DesertSkye

psych evals

Postby DesertSkye » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Thank you
I didn't think so after I thought about it
but i am going to make an appt for one to be done by doc of our choice

Couldn't get ahold of the lawyer and paralegal was out sick
thank you for your quick response

William Shakespeare

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:43 pm

No parents cannot sit in on them.All 3 of my children went and my ex nor i was able to sit in on them.And I myself had one.And my avice the psych eval is does not at all read what you answered and or the replys you made.

My didn't match up with the answers I did do.

These people also work for the state and CPS so they are paid to lie on the results.

Thats the way itis on kansas city missouri anyway.

Lorrie Shaw

Pysch Evals

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:52 pm

My wife was allowed at our son's evaluation, in Georgia, but not in the room while he tested or interviewed.

BE VERY CAREFUL! I am not real prone to vindictive remarks but these Evaluators are paid whores. They seem to be counciled ahead of time to let them know what CPS is looking for at least ours did. Then they take the smallest most innocent statement and twist it.

Our Grandchildren are still in FOSTERINCARCERATION because at his Pysch Eval my son was asked if he had ever thought he saw something. He answered, "When I was seven I thought I saw four angels in the four corners of the church, with golden swords."

Emphasis was placed on the golden swords and it was determined that our son might be dilusional and a danger to his children. The judge said he would not let the children come home until a Doctor said he was no longer dilusional and no longer saw angels.

We have just had to hire a very expense pyschologist from out of our area because none of the locals would do the work because of the DFCS involvement in court. When this caca started I did not think we were poor but we are certainly getting there now.

Gary

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:32 pm

Thats all to true they are paid to twist things around.My ex husband was able to be there but alos not in the same room.And he admitted to several things in his eval.And they did twist mine around.

I didn't know what any of this meant until i started talking to other people even my own councelor.

But,I can tell you my ex husbands is bad compared to mine.

Do not think this person will be at all honest cause they tell CPS/DFS things that are not in there and will make their own report which consists of lies.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:07 am

they cant tell you that you cant be there during the eval..they might exclude you from the room but hence you are their mother and if they were not in foster care you would have the right to be there too...they tend to try to keep the parents out of as much as possible cuz they dont want the therapists..psychiatrists...etc etc to see the real parent that they try so hard to bash during the sessions...so fight for it because they should allow you and if you dont get to go then document it and make sure when you go to court emphasize to the judge that you were not trying to be in during the eval but that you wanted to be there...and that you were denied that..if that doesnt work then try to get it seen for a review...here i hope that helps...
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

seewitch1969

Postby seewitch1969 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:48 am

We were not even told that she was getting one. I have been demanding it from the start. In our case the fathers interview was done on the phone because we are 6 hours away. The only negitive thing it said about him was that he has high expectations for her and that he may be demanding and controlling. They missed a few negitive personality traits, but for the most part what they said was correct. EXCEPT NO CRIMINAL CHARGES ARE PENDING!!!!!!! Be sure to state this over and over if it is true in your case. The case worker will go out of her way to pretend this is the case even if they know different. And of course this will have a great effect on recomendations for the case plan. I was glad that someone finally saw what I have been saying all along. I was happy with the evaluation except for the recomendations for case plan, but these were made with the asumption that the father was going to be charged with sexually molesting his daughter. This one was done in Florida.

DesertSkye

Psych evals/Does it help to.........

Postby DesertSkye » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:47 am

Does it help to have another one done for her on our side and pick our own?

and if yes, how do we find a good one?

I appreciate all the advice!

Thanks!

William Shakespeare

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:50 am

Open up the phone book and call....1st question to ask is, " Do you ever do referals for cps?" If they say yes, Hang up and call another...

Also try finding 1 that is of the same faith as yourself or vegetarian if you are a vegetarian....1 that can relate the best to your lifestyle

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

giggles779804

Postby giggles779804 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:00 pm

Remember that children have a right to attorney and I feel an attorney is needed. If you live in GA, you will want Dr. Ellis to do the evaluation. She is a very good psychologist.

Gary Shaw

Pysch Evals

Postby Gary Shaw » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:07 pm

DesertSkye

Good dads advice was very good as usual.

My add to his advice is try to find a Pyschologist not a Pyschiartist. Pyschiartist are also MD's and have a tendency to treat with drugs. Pyschologist are not MD's and tend to treat the causes with therapy and can't rely on drugs. We found an excellent Pyschologist in Georgia. She is well published and highly recognized and not particularly fond of Child Custody.

I know she is not close to you. Just to let you know they are out there, just a little hard to find. Our son and daughter in law had already had CPS ordered Evals so right now the Pyschologist is reviewing those evaluations to opine if they are meaningful. She tells us there is no way a person can be properly evaluated in a two or three hour one on one testing and interview session. She says her's take ten hours + she interviews friends, family, spouse, etc.

Again, just be very careful. This is the most damning part of our problems and won't go away.

Good luck, God Bless
Gary

giggles779804

Postby giggles779804 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 pm

The doctor that Gary Shaw is referring to is Dr. Ellis. She also has a web page. The web page is www.dr-elizabethellis.net.

Lorrie Shaw

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:34 pm

Thank you Giggles, My husband and I will be forever gratful for that wonderful information. If God wiling, all will be good with her report.

Lorrie

giggles779804

Postby giggles779804 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:29 pm

Lorrie Shaw, I am glad to pass on any information that I come across to everyone. I feel that the information everyone needs so that they can be prepare for what my happen next in their life. I am glad that I was able to help you.

Giggles779804

giggles779804

Postby giggles779804 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:31 pm

Lorrie Shaw, I am glad to pass on any information that I come across to everyone. I feel that the information everyone needs so that they can be prepare for what my happen next in their life. I am glad that I was able to help you.

Giggles779804

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:54 pm

I am going to pray that the evaluation is going to be done properly.

One of the things those shrinks do if they work for CPS is known as repetitive questioning. They keep asking the same question which can be damning and totally wrong, over and over, until they get an answer they want to hear. If they dont get an answer, they will list the answer as, "In Denial with agitation relating to affect disorder" and not put down they asked the same question 34 times, which would agitate anyone.

I tested this on my 24 year old nephew, Jacob. He is a good guy, values his morales and is proud of his excellent community reputation. I asked him to see me as I wanted to ask him a few simple questions. When he arrived, I made sure he was comfortable. I used a nice tone and kindly facial expressions through the whole process.

I asked 12 times, "Did you kick my dog?" The first 10 answers were "No." The 11th was, "You dont even have a dog!" and the 12th was, "ok ok, I did it, now stop asking before I get mad!!"

A shrink would list that as, "Violence against animals and an unreasonable anger."

Truth is, I dont have a dog.

Then I asked, "Do you hit your wife?" I know he doesnt and abhors violence. I asked it 7 times.

The first 6 times, I got "No and no, what is going on?" The 7th time he held up his hand in an indication for me to stop and looked very upset.

A shrink would list that as "Denial of domestic violence."

Then, I told him how he helped in my experiment, and he was surprised as to how easy he fell into the catagories I could use to wrongly label him. He is an adult, can you imagine how easy it would be to do this to a child?

One of the first things you might ask your kid is this... "Did the doctor ask you the same question more than one time?" If you get a "yes" be prepared for the worst.

The Tech

giggles779804

Postby giggles779804 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:47 am

Quoting kdddav
“One of the things those shrinks do if they work for CPS is known as repetitive questioning. They keep asking the same question which can be damning and totally wrong, over and over, until they get an answer they want to hear. If they dont get an answer, they will list the answer as, "In Denial with agitation relating to affect disorder" and not put down they asked the same question 34 times, which would agitate anyone.”

They also might say that the child is coach. A second evaluation is also important. DFACS will ignore the second evaluation. That is where taking it to court is very important. A judge cannot ignore the addition evidence.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:48 pm

Giggles, thanks again for the lead to Dr. Ellis, she is great. A touch expensive but worth it. We retained her services to review the two Evaluations DFCS ordered from their whores. She did a crediable job of reviewing the first Doctor's Evaluation, credited her with a professionally prepared report and then added sufficient information to discredit her ability to make the diagnoisis she made and cited reasons why. The second Doctor's Evaluation she tore into everything he had to say and discredited it and his credentials. She was knowledge enough to provide the information that his diplomate was from an organization that hands out this cerification for a fee, with few or no specific credentials. In her words, "It is considered worthless." Don't know what our lawyer is going to do with it tomorrow. We do know he is getting fired if he does not use it and the brief we gave him from all the research we and all of you have done.

Thanks again, this is probably the most promising thing that has happened for us.

Gary Shaw (tried to get it right this time and not post under Lorrie's log in. I am the old one. :lol:

pariann

Warning, Pictures posted temporarily.

Postby pariann » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:17 pm

Good luck in court Gary, we also go to court tomorrow. With any luck, this will be the one where the judge agrees to let my daughter come home. All we have left to do is put up the screen doors with locks on the inside (which CPS is paying for) and we are all set. Keeping my fingers crossed. If for some reason they don't allow her to come home, the fight is on, because this is just craziness. The report to the judge from CPS puts us in a positive light and I can't imagine the court saying no. I just want my baby home!!

In other news:
We had a great visit on Monday. For the first time in nearly 4 months we were able to have our little girl outside in familiar surroundings, with family and running free!! She was awestruck at the cows, rambled through the garden, and threw apples that had fallen from the tree across the fence. It's one of those things the kids like to do out on the farm. Find the apples that aren't any good to eat and see how far they can throw them. If they get them over the fence into the hayfield they are very pleased with themselves. My littlest is only 3 and very small. She hasn't mastered throwing them yet. She would pick one up toss it about 3 feet and get very upset saying "I can't". So we moved her much closer to the fence and I showed her once again how to throw the apple.

Then she threw the apple and was completely overjoyed when she made it across the fence. Precious moments.

Hopefully by next week, I will be able to take her to the farm any day of the week and she can throw apples until her heart is content.

Lorrie Shaw

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:29 pm

Thanks, Pariann. I hope you luck also and will say a special prayer for you and your family, that you will succeed. It was wonderful seeing you having the opportunity to enjoy your daugther. that's what I'm talking about. Lord, let it happen for all your hurting children on these websites. We hope for the best tomorrow but you can't help but get the doubts some to. These people are truly evil. Like gooddads Reliableanswers post today, whos abusing whom?

Gary(opps posted under Lorrie's log in again) that is alright
though you guys need something to laugh at. Let it be me.

pariann

Postby pariann » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:35 pm

We all need a little cheering up sometime. Your posting under your wife's login puts a smile on some of our faces. I'm hoping my temporarily posted pictures helps to put a smile of hope on someone else's face.

The greatest thing about those pictures is that my 15 year old was taking them and I didn't even know it until I took them off the camera after we returned home. I would post more temporarily, but it's hard to find ones that don't show our complete faces, we are all hams for the camera right now. :)

Lorrie Shaw

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:49 pm

Pariann, we've got to stop meeting like this under Lorrie's login. She will find out and she is soooo jealous and might hurt me then CPS will take me out of her home and place me in fosterincarceration. :lol:

Gary

pariann

Postby pariann » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:09 pm

Well dang it, she wouldn't be finding out if you didn't admit it right here in black and white silly man!

Now back to the subject at hand. Psychological Evaluations suck, I had one done back in 1982 or 1983 at the complete expense of CPS in Florida. I felt like it was more of an IQ test than anything else. I had to repeat strings of numbers in the correct order that they were given to me. I had to provide definitions of words. I even had to do some math stuff. There were general literacy questions and graphics to work out. If you have never taken a literacy test, those are a joke too. I specifically remember taking one in the 10th grade. There was a graphic representing the top of a stove. With the knobs drawn in and I had to determine which knob indicated that it was turned on and WHICH burner it was linked to. LOT'S of stuff like that. Right and Left, Up and Down etc etc. The literacy test I took in school was entirely too similar to the Psychological Evaluation. Remarkably, I was found to be of sound mind. Imagine that. LOL I think I might even have been declared intelligent. Sadly though, my ex-husband (husband at that time) was referred for intense counseling. LOL

Of course that was over 20 years ago and things have probably changed considerably, or maybe I just knew all the right answers and they couldn't trip me up.

Lorrie Shaw

Postby Lorrie Shaw » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:40 pm

Pari,

Will you please stop messing with my husband!! LOL!! He's a big jokester!!! :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more, these tests are more to keep our beloved children from us, no matter if you are found to the most sane person on this earth, they would find a way to hurt you. I was so happy when we got the results back from Dr. Ellis, I almost cried. We knew our son was not as they were saying and she proved that. I only hope and pray now that attorney will use it and the judge will listen, BTW- the one she said was "worthless" is the one the judge used to not aloow our grandchildren home, he had known him for 15 years and had to go with his recomondations. Isn't that just the way things go?

Lorrie

PS: Your daughter is beautiful and looks like she is having a ball!!!

Return to “CPS Investigations”