what are your thoughts here?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

clara2002

what are your thoughts here?

Postby clara2002 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:59 am

some anti cps sites i read, i have no intentions to look like the bad guy at all, im hear to stand up for the truly innocent parents, . that there are real parents here who are really victimized, and really do deserve support, and then when i find out what some of them they really did, im crushed, because that makes me look bad, and the rest of everyone else who are really trying to support because they are good in thier hearts. i dont want any of us here risking loosing our families all because of unknowing mistakes, case workers yes cps, im pretty sure,all gov agencies see all this. case workers read every single post here on this site. you never know it could be your own, it could be somone else who knows you, you never know. you never know they might find out it could be you.. prayers. im trying to create any drama, im just spilling my heart out. you dont always know if your being set up, watched.. criminal back round checks on anyone on your network sites, general. hey food for thought, the last thing you want is in court is hearing this, hey, so and so has stood up for the person who did this and that, and they stood up for the person who did something horrifying. just telling you what all i learn from other parents. i pray its not too late for any of you. keep your instincts.
Last edited by clara2002 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clara2002

Re: what are your thoughts here?

Postby clara2002 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:24 pm

just wanted to let you know im not here to stand up for the wrong people, and i wish the best of luck for ya's. i hope i didnt offend anyone here.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:04 pm

That's the problem, right there.

We want the law to crack down on the real child abusers, the ones who beat or starve or rape their children. The problem is that innocent parents get caught up in the same net as the guilty ones.The public assumes that where there's smoke, there's fire. In other words, "CPS wouldn't show up if there wasn't a good reason." Changing people's minds is going to take work.

Are you thinking of starting your own website? If you do, you will have control over which stories you link to. You can also, if you think it's necessary, add a disclaimer that you in no way support crimes committed against children; you're just defending the rights of falsely accused parents, and so forth.

I have a couple of other ideas in another post, http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=9934. To these suggestions I will add: if your library already has anti-CPS books, check them out and read them. Try to get others to check them out, also. As long as people keep checking them out, the library will keep them in circulation. Books that don't get checked out are likely to be discarded to make room for newer books.

When I was a kid, racism and sexism were more or less "acceptable" to a lot of people. We've seen a 180-degree reversal since those days (and rightly so!) but it took a generation or two of hard work. In the same way, it might take a generation of hard work to make people aware that CPS is not the friend of children. Slowly, we can make the public aware of CPS abuse one case at a time, one person at a time.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

clara2002

Postby clara2002 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:24 pm

i feel the same. i want the same, but the cps always had used mental warfare on me all the time. and they tramatized me so much to the point where they alot away from me. im sure you know what i mean, have you had the ever had that?

kiroma

Postby kiroma » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 am

I have read many of your posts here about defending the bad people, and like you I was brought up to love my country, obey the law, pay taxes, respect my elders etc..I raise my own children the same way. my eyes opened to the horrors of cps long before I even had my first child. One day while I was working my way through college, My coworker came in and was telling me about how her daughter was addicted to crack and her children were removed from her home..my coworker asked me to write a letter of reccomendation to the court so she a hardworking wouldn't hurt a soul kinda lady could take the kids until her daughter got it together (or not)..I gladly did as she asked..her court petition was denied, because her apartment did not have enough bedrooms for her and the 3 kids even though she was wiling and able to move and in fact had already found suitable housing through one of our bosses..instead they were given to a "pastor" and his wife..one day at work we got a call in from her that she was not coming in; her 2 yr old grandson was dead. The 'pastor' was locking the children in the attic without food,water, or bathroom privaleges and making them peel paint off the walls as a punishment for their misdeeds..apparantly the cps workers found this ACCEPTABLE. That day my faith in God was shattered, everything I learned about the bad people you describe here got flipped upside down..

To this day, i see cps as a corrupt organization that uses "concerns" in lieu of the law. Yes there are horrible people out there that shouldn't breed. There are people out there that get caught up in drugs and violence and their children need not to be around that and cps gets involved rightly so..but where does it end? where do we draw the line? Do we say every parent who isn't a perfect parent because they don't do laundry daily or their dishes go unwashed for a day, or the parents lose jobs and health benefits due to the economy..All of these may be a "concern" that the child MIGHT be at risk for neglect/abuse..it doesnt mean the parents are or are going to abuse/neglect their children..all of these are just proof that shit happens..we can't control it we can only learn from it..so why is it ok to barge into the lives of families based on a "concern' without evidence, without them having done anything to harm the children, without them breaking any laws? Is that justice for the children they are trying to 'protect"? Even those bad guys who rape/murder/blow things up get their day in court, so why is it so wrong to expect parents to have the same rights? How is it that folks who have kids removed at birth, and have never been alone with the child have abused said child? its bullshit..and in the case of a CRIME I am all for the law coming down on people, but and heres the HUGE issue for most people including myself social services should not be investigating CRIMES. The police department should be investigating crimes and if they find a crime has been committed then yes social services should step in, not the other way around like it is now..because when it comes to cps, we have thrown out the rule book..we have effectively 'killed all the lawyers" as shakespheare put it..and in the view of our society if your accused you must be guilty because the innocent would never have a cps report on them..

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 am

Even parents who have done things wrong are victimized in Juvenile Court because there are no constitutional protections.

I don't feel a need to make sure people here are all "innocent". Though the site is mainly for the falsely accused, if others get information here with which to fight their case it is still up to the judge to decide who has the best evidence.

Yes, the judges are sometimes corrupt, blind, unfairly in favor of CPS... and even people with all this information still get abused in Juvenile Court. But it is something they can use to try to prevail, and in many cases it works.

Just like I can't keep social workers from being on this site, I can't stop real child abusers from coming here for information. Even if I tried to interview everyone before allowing access, the real child abusers would lie to me! And the *evil* social workers would too. :roll: Honest social workers would probably be upfront about being here, but then they usually come by to dispense advice they feel would be helpful.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Round Table”