is it over for me?

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mysterygurl

is it over for me?

Postby mysterygurl » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:55 pm

In 2003 my husband and i relinquished our rights to our son and our 2 daughters in north carolina. My husband had an addiction to marijuana and couldnt shake the addiction. They said time ran out and even if i divorced him they would seek tpr. They said it would be easier and i could see them if i would do it voluntarily. I never got to be in touch with them afterword,BTW

We had a baby that didnt have a case open on him and we fled to SC. He is now 8 years old and i have other son who is 2 and will turn 3 in January.

On Friday November 11th,2011 the police showed up at our door. My husband had gone to the store with our toddler and i was at home with my 8 year old. I was getting ready for a shower when they knocked and had to get redressed and didnt get to the door right away. As i got to the door my husband got back and i opened the door and stepped outside. The police said there had been a 911 call and the address given was the empty house behind us. We both reassured the police the call wasnt from us and everything was fine. The female officer said something wasnt right and she was going to look inside. I said no Youre not and she said Yes she is. I backed away and ley her in. My house was a mess. They calles their supervisor,forensics,and dss. Forensics took pictures and they asked if there was somewhere my kids could go. We called my husbands sister to come get them and signed a safety plan. They got a copy but my husband or i didnt. The on call social worker said someone would be out monday and to clean up.

We clean over the weekend and childproofed our home. We got a toddler ves even though my toddler and i cosleep. My husband took monday off of work so we could both meet with the caseworker. No one showed or called. Tuesday i called dss and stayed on good for 2 hours without anyone picking up. Wednesday caseworker said she would be out at 3 in the afternoon. She was on my street when she called and said her supervisor called her back to the office because the storms were to bad. She came thursday and said everything looked great but they might not return them because they want to see consistancy due to people will clean up when dss is going to come out. She calls me up later that day saying they were going to return our boys to us but they found the case in nc and want to do some investigators with that first. Also we have to find someone else to keep the boys because the sister had a police récord in 2002. We gave another sister and my brother n laws name.

She calles yesterday and said the sister cant because dss feels she doesnt have enough income and my brother n law MAY not because my sister is on anxiety medication.my boys MAY be going into foster care monday. My husband and i have been drug free. I am devastated and dont know if i can go though this again. I wish i was dead. Help me.

Eljay

Re: is it over for me?

Postby Eljay » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:33 am

Stay calm, do as they say. From what you've said, this is the type of situation that CPS is supposed to manage. I don't see any huge injustice here because they are giving you a path to getting your kids back. To be honest, I watch shows like "Hoarding: Buried Alive" and have to agree that children should NOT be living in or even visiting those environments. The way CPS is going to work is that they've found you NOT raising your children in a safe environment and now you're going to have to work to clean up, stay clean and be remorseful. Many CW are self-righteous and proud. You might need to play the situation with gratitude... "thank you for making sure we're doing this right... I feel so much better now that the house is cleaned up... I'm so glad you came and helped us do this... this is so much better for the kids." Flattery will go far when these people mostly hear hatred from "clients." In reality, aren't you happy that your kids will be living in a cleaner house (yours)?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

mysterygurl

Postby mysterygurl » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am

Yes i will be very grateful. I love my boys so very much and just want to do everything right. I just want my babies back and dont want to lose them forever. If there was a guarantee my boys would be physically safe,happy and love i would feel better. I am scared for them.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Why did you let the cop in? If the call didn't come from your home and they had no warrant they have no right to come in.

mysterygurl

Postby mysterygurl » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I said no at first and she said Yes i am going in and was basically in my face. I was scared.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”