MEDIA COVERAGE

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

typappa

MEDIA COVERAGE

Postby typappa » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:23 am

I am a new member, I am currently involved in an ivestigation. Why did I not ever hear of CPS on the news? A news station should document (undercover) a true investigation to show people what could happen to anyone of them. Example: I left 3 messages evryday this week for my CSW & SCSW to call me back and NOTHING! Does anyone know of or have MEDIA conections? Please tell them to contact me... This is america not afganastan! my grandparents did not fight WW2 for our kids to be takin from us. MEDIA COVERAGE!!! Pass it along.

monkette31

Re: MEDIA COVERAGE

Postby monkette31 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:20 pm

just keep going up the ladder, that's what I had to do when ignored. It really pisses them off though...ask for supervisors supervisors etc...tell them you've left multiple messages for weeks, etc...
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Where are you again, geographically speaking?

Our initial caseworker told us not to discuss the case with anyone so make sure you're not breaking some rule (read your papers) before going to the media.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 am

Eljay, what rule would you be breaking by sharing your story with the media? Is there anything about this rule written in your state's social services regulations? Or is this just a "rule" your caseworker made up so her evil actions wouldn't be exposed?

I'm not saying you should go public, but only that you should question anything your caseworker says because they lie often.

Typappa, the media will often say that they can't report fairly because the dept. of social services has confidentiality rules. However if you're taken to court you can share your copy of the social worker's report to the court with the media, and then they'll have both sides of the story. Of course, what they write in those reports is usually very negative and often full of lies. It might be best to counter that by writing out your "Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Caseworker" so your side of the story is in writing too . . . for the judge, not just the media.

The confidentiality rule is for the courts and dept. of social services - they are not allowed to release information. However there's no regulation saying you can't... as I understand it.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:24 am

There must be several hundred different CPS organizations out there and they all make their own rules, right? I know that CPS as well as PD told us not to discuss it with the kids which, for investigative integrity, I completely understand and agree with. If a child was a genuine victim of abuse or neglect, I can also understand why they would have a policy/rule about not discussing the case, especially not with the media (even the AP has a policy of not identifying the victims of sexual abuse). Thus, standard policy may tell you not to discuss the case to preserve the privacy of the victims, alleged or actual. I don't think that's all that unreasonable.

So, they state a policy/rule, and whether is official or fabricated, you're playing with fire to go against their words which they may add to the list of offenses when it gets to court. It could backfire. I'm just saying before you do it, you should make sure your safety plan/case plan/court order don't restrict your ability to take it public to the media.

In this specific case, typappa left bruises on his son from a spanking. I'm not so sure he's going to find success in the court of public opinion if/when that becomes widely known. I've spanked my kids but never left bruises or marks that lasted more than a few minutes. That's just another reason why I'm advising that he proceed with caution.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Totally agree with you Eljay. I wouldn't advise telling the media about sexual abuse naming a young child. That information could follow him or her for many years and cause embarrassment.

Definitely, media is helpful in some cases and detrimental in others. I never advise people to go public although I know of cases where it helped. It has to be an individual choice.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

typappa

Postby typappa » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:12 am

Thanks again for your input, and I do agree with names being protected. I always thought CPS was for the good of children and with as much sick demented things that people do with kids, I would say for the most part they are, I think. The way that things are being handeled in my case are unreal. I have the CSW against me and the SCSW as well it seems. Yesterday my sister talked to the CSW in regards to my son mother being able to bring my son over so we can give him his presents, the CSW told her that my sons mother can do whatever she feels comfotable with. so my sister and my son mother set up a date, it was to be the the first tues after x-mas. So today I was able to see my son for an hour at the DCFS office with the CSW as a monitor. Well during my visit, I told my son I would give him his presents on tues when his mom brings him over to my parents house. An hour after our visit my sister gets a text from my sons mother saying the CSW over heard this and is advising her not to bring him on tues. I am really exhausted from this, the CSW and SCSW tell my folks they will call them back but they do not, I am doing everything they ask, this makes me wanna throw up. My son misses me so much, and he tells them, but they don't seem to care. Im a good dad, I disiplined my son by way of spanking, I don't even think I left the bruises on his butt, in our yard we have a trampoline next to the pool, and on that 5 day period that he was with me it was hot, thats all we did was horse play in the pool. I wish I would of just takin away his video games as disipline. They should make it clear to people that ask (like me) if spanking is ok, that if you leave bruises they can take your kids.

Return to “CPS Investigations”