Hello

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

Hello

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Hello there! I am not really new but figured I would post in the newcomers for those who are not familiar with me. I am now 33 years old and have not seen or had a thing to do with my kids since 2004 (two of them) and 2007 (the other two). I used to be quite active and although I have not been here much there is not much time that goes by that I do not think about rejoining or beginning up conversations with all those who are on here. I see the fightcps community has grown and I am sad to see that because that just means more people have been wronged by the system. As I mentioned in another post under a separate name I no longer have rights to any of my kids. With all the fight I put into it I feel that the efforts were made for nothing. Sadly I will not see them but I do know that in the long run I can assure them that I made every effort possible to get them back. Not one day goes by that I do not have them in my mind and I also look forward to the days that each and every one of them turn 18. I am a bit troubled though in thinking of whether either of them will remember me and which ones will or will not come to look for me. I can only hope that one or more will come looking for me in the future. I will then no longer be under any obligation to lie to them about the situation and what unfolded. Thought I would pop on and see how others were doing and update those who were following things with me.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Eljay

Re: Hello

Postby Eljay » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm so sorry for your lost children. :( It's sad how some CPS organizations seem to be so money driven and dedicated to the destruction of families all in the name of the mighty federal dollar. I wish I knew what it would take to stop them... I have ideas & theories, but so many people have spoken out, books written, news articles written and yet, as you see, it hasn't stopped.

How old were your children when they were taken? Old enough to remember you? Their (real) names?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Yes I go through the nightmare every day without them but there is not much I can do aside from inform them come the day they turn 18. I have made a change in my life not as if the life I led then was an awful one, but in the same sense I am no longer any of the things they spoke of in the past. I wish that a change would be and could be made but as we see that is probably never going to happen until it happens to someone that is of a major powerful figure. My kids were 6, 4, 2, and a few months old when taken and the day that rights were terminated my oldest was 8 and my youngest boy (who also went into the foster care system) was 3 and would have been turning 4 that Oct. He was still fairly young. My girls are with their fathers and stepmothers which is why the termination came way later down the line, but even still all the same rights were terminated then with them as well. Logically they would have never been granted the TPR's had they not used the other kids for leverage in their court hearings. Why would a judge NOT grant them the right to terminate my rights and so on when there were two who were. So much more has happened and through it all so much has changed. Not only on my side but also on their end as well. I am appalled by the information that I know at this point and am even more so mad by the fact there is not much I am truly able to do about it. Right now my oldest is going to be turning 16 in April so I do not have much time left to go for him.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Pebbles

I remember you... We were newbies together :)

I'm sorry things turned out the way they did, I'm sure they will look and if one finds you, the others will hear and follow..

I'm glad you came back around, I always wonder about members from the past

Tim
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 am

Yes although not the status update I am sure many were expecting. I am hopeful that someday my kids will come looking for me and when they do the goals that others have made to mess things up and pull us apart will no longer apply. My son was 6 when it began and 8 when my rights were terminated. Here it is years later and now my son will be 18 in just a few short years. I wish I had a better update then I do. I am mad and upset all at the same time and I wish that things would have turned out better then it did. I am sure we all do. One of these days I will get something positive out of this experience. Outside of the obtaining a degree I think there is more positive stuff to come in the future.

(that is my quote)

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”