letters

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

letters

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Since I have been out of the loop for so long I do have another question for those on here that may know. What (if any) are the requirements on letter writing to children who were adopted?? Is there a way to do so? I know I heard in the past that you are able to write letters to your child that later when turning 18 is in the file. Then if that is the case where do you send these letters and what is the likelihood that the child will ever see these letters.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

monkette31

Re: letters

Postby monkette31 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm

I hear some people have blogs for their children for when they find you. I had a csw tell me once that they know, even in the most abusive cases, the children, most always look to find when they turn 18. blogger dot come is free. I'd get started now as the internet evolves, might turn into a mini network (webring) of folks waiting.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:26 pm

I was told when the kids were first taken that there was a way to write letters to add to their file so that when they turned 18 they were able to get those. I want my kids to know that not one day goes by that I do not think of them or in some way wish that things were different. Sadly there was not a whole lot I was able to do other than fight and let it go when I had to. I never let go and I never stop trying for if I did I would not be here now, but I have legally had to let it go because if I were to pursue things these people would have made sure to it that the remaining portion of my life was spent behind bars. It seemed that the more I did to get past what they did and jump the hurdles they were right there to put another hurdle down. And some were pretty bad. Still nothing else made me lose my hope and I continued on fighting. I want my kids to know that I did not just walk in one day and say "Here you can have them..I am tired of fighting" because that is not the case. Mine went all the way up to the Supreme court level. I just want to be able to write letters to them so when the day they turn 18 comes they will have it and know that I did not give up even beyond what their adoptive parents said.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

LynMCo

Postby LynMCo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi, my name is Lynn. I have a blog lynmco-childpunishingservice.blogspot.com. It started mainly as a way to expose CPS from a former foster's/failed adoptive(me) point of view. However, it has evolved into the side I wasn't allowed (by wrecker, lawyer, etc...)to tell in court. I know one day my sweet girl will look for me. When she finds my blog she'll know how to contact me. I also have a second blog called Ahmi my Angel. I use that one exclusively to write letters and poems to her. The 2nd blog is private and can only be accessed from a link w/in the 1st. Although I want the whole world to see my main blog especially the San Diego wreckers and their handlers, I want Ahmi to see the 2nd most of all. The Internet is a wonderful thing. Blogs are free and it didn't take long at all for mine to show up in the search engines. In fact when the wrecker who devastated our lives is googled, my blog comes up more than any of her accomplishments! You could bet your last buck, my blog doesn't speak kindly of her. Hahahaha! Just my 2 cents.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 am

pebbles, aren't your kids allowed to keep in touch with each other? They're siblings, for pete's sake! That's how I'd pursue it, get a hold of one and have a line to all of them.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LynMCo

Postby LynMCo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Good advice Eljay! Here in CA there is supposed to be a super human effort to place siblings together. If that's not possible, for them to have visits and contact with each other. I'm sure there are exceptions but, that is the policy and in the guidelines. Not sure where Virginia stands on the matter. Surely they also recognize the importance of the sibling bond....

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Well from day one my kids were separated. My daughters are with their fathers and in other states I might add. My boys are in the same general area. I know my son has a fb account and have seen that certain people that in no way make sense to have him added but do, so I know in the long run my son is in contact with the youngest two. As for the older one I am not sure but her stepmother and I talk off and on and she occasionally sends me pictures of her. I just wish I knew how much contact they have with one another. I guess some contact is better then none. They are ALL in different homes though.

(that is my quote)

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”