Need help finding unbiased psych evaluator

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

noroses4u2c

Need help finding unbiased psych evaluator

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 am

It was court ordered for me to have a psych evaluation yesterday. Immediately, CPS had one in mind. He will of course be biased.

I need to find an unbiased evaluator, and I literally only have days to get it done. Results have to be submitted by 2/29.

Please, help.

I'm in KY.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

LindaJM

Re: Need help finding unbiased psych evaluator

Postby LindaJM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:40 am

They are very expensive! Last I checked, they're well over 1000 dollars in my part of the country. Do you really want that expense? When this happened to me many years ago I went with the psychologist given to me. It worked out fine and I got my child back.

My question is - why are they offering another evaluation at this point? I thought the case was already decided. Are they now going to give you another chance if you submit to their evaluation? They are trying to save face, perhaps?

Personally, I'd let them pay for it. The entire case was their mistake.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 pm

LindaJM wrote:They are very expensive! Last I checked, they're well over 1000 dollars in my part of the country. Do you really want that expense? When this happened to me many years ago I went with the psychologist given to me. It worked out fine and I got my child back.

My question is - why are they offering another evaluation at this point? I thought the case was already decided. Are they now going to give you another chance if you submit to their evaluation? They are trying to save face, perhaps?

Personally, I'd let them pay for it. The entire case was their mistake.

They had never conducted a psychological evaluation on me before. They never even offered to do one. They just kept insisting I was mentally ill with no evidence other than the worker saying I "admitted" to things that I never said. She just made it up.

My lawyer is the one pushing for it based upon recommendation made by the foster care review board.

The case worker seemed quite upset that the judge ordered it to be done.

I am scared/worried that this social worker will tell the evaluator 'all about me' like she did the therapist she sent me to last year and cause the evaluation to be skewed against me. The therapist they sent me to last year already knew all about the case and was verbally abusive to me and told me it was no big deal to have my visitation rights terminated, that I should never be around children, that I couldn't make up for 14 years of abuse in just a few months, and that I had a life before my daughter and I needed to just walk away from her and get back to that life. She said this on the second visit. I refused to ever go back and just found my own therapist. So, I have huge trust issues regarding anyone they send me to.

I have medicaid. I don't know if there's any that medicaid would cover. Probably not.

My current therapist said that I would have to go through the place that other therapist works for to get one done on the cheap. Anything coming out of that place will be on the side of cps. And it would be months before they could do it. I was court ordered to have it done and results submitted by the end of the month.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Maybe that b*%#! of a caseworker is so upset because she is the one that has to get it scheduled and done by the end of the month. She will most likely lie and say you refused or something. :evil:
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Might this help? Even if none of these references is in your area, perhaps they could refer you to someone nearer.

Kentucky Psychiatric Evaluations Expert Witness - http://www.almexperts.com/experts/Psychiatry-&-Psychology/Psychiatric-Evaluations/MedExpert/KY%5BKentucky%5D/1125842/1128658
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Daruma wrote:Might this help? Even if none of these references is in your area, perhaps they could refer you to someone nearer.

Kentucky Psychiatric Evaluations Expert Witness - http://www.almexperts.com/experts/Psychiatry-&-Psychology/Psychiatric-Evaluations/MedExpert/KY%5BKentucky%5D/1125842/1128658

ty, will check it out.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Even if you use the one the state recommends, you may still have to pay for the exam. (Remember brookiecookie?) The state-recommended one no doubt gets a lot of business from state referrals and knows how to write reports in the way the state is hoping they will come out. You need to present all the state's allegations to your evaluator, otherwise the report will be thrown out as invalid. However, with your own evaluator, you are able to present your side of the side first, effectively refuting the state's lies about you.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Daruma wrote:Might this help? Even if none of these references is in your area, perhaps they could refer you to someone nearer.

Well, ty, but those people are all way out of my budget. I appreciate the help/thought though. They'd all be great if I could afford them though. I couldn't even afford their airfare. They all serve KY but have offices out of state.

I'll keep searching.

I would not put it past that worker to lie and say I wouldn't cooperate. She lies about everything else.

She even told my previous attorney that she comes by my place and I don't answer the door and that I just sleep all the time and that I wasn't doing enough on my case. My previous attorney called me and was chewing me out and refused to believe that it wasn't true. I fired him.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 pm

My first eval was 3500. My choice. The second was state paid. The third was more a forensic custody evaluation, at 22,000!!

What they're ordering, is the 3500 eval. Or in that range. One hour- taking psych tests on paper, look up MMIP or MMPI tests. Then one hour of stacking blocks, adding numbers, etc. Then one hour-telling your story, with them looking for body language, nervousness, over theatrical, under theatrical.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:56 pm

family_man wrote:Even if you use the one the state recommends, you may still have to pay for the exam. (Remember brookiecookie?) The state-recommended one no doubt gets a lot of business from state referrals and knows how to write reports in the way the state is hoping they will come out. You need to present all the state's allegations to your evaluator, otherwise the report will be thrown out as invalid. However, with your own evaluator, you are able to present your side of the side first, effectively refuting the state's lies about you.

How exactly do you present stuff? I've not had one like that done before.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:13 pm

brookeycookie wrote:My first eval was 3500. My choice. The second was state paid. The third was more a forensic custody evaluation, at 22,000!!

What they're ordering, is the 3500 eval. Or in that range. One hour- taking psych tests on paper, look up MMIP or MMPI tests. Then one hour of stacking blocks, adding numbers, etc. Then one hour-telling your story, with them looking for body language, nervousness, over theatrical, under theatrical.

I hope it wouldn't cost me that much. I'm on disability/SSI. I definitely don't have that kind of money. :shock:

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:20 pm

The one done by cps pick, did get info about me before the eval. It was false info. Another thing to remember, don't freak when you're diagnosed with a disorder or two. EVERYONE gets one or two. Mother Theresa would have disorders. It really matters WHAT disorders. Not that you are said to HAVE disorders. If you study the MMPI 2, which is still what shrinks use most, you'll see the scales they use. Basically, things slightly elevated don't matter much. Extreme elevation does. Things like axis 1 adjustment disorder, is pretty normal, and cps knows it. Honestly, I wouldn't worry (now that I've done them), about passing or failing all the silly diagnostic tests. You'll pass. More of a worry, would be the verbal recount of your story. Its more she asks questions, already knowing the answers, and you answer, about your case. Just tell

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:25 pm

The truth, and make sure you find out what her mode of documents is. Notes, recording, etc. They wont like you asking, so do it softly, innocently, and nicely. Its worth the paranoid diagnosis, to know she has notes/tapes to subpoena later.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Also, the timed tests are not to see how fast you are, but more how you react to running outta time.

KimS

Postby KimS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Noroses, in your PM to me on the other board, you mentioned the CPS worker angrily saying "We are not going to pay for this." No wonder!

It's clear CPS tried to ignore the request for the eval made by the foster care review board, tried to let it slip past.

That the request was made by the foster care review people, it puts the onus on CPS to pay for it, so I doubt THIS eval is something you would be obligated to pay for. Maybe that idiot CPS thing was so angry because she knows exactly how much this will cost them, including the little "bonus" the shrink will need to skew the test results.

I also thought that this eleventh hour psych eval is something that should have been done at the beginning because of the original allegation of "untreated mental illness", but this CPS twit was so arrogantly sure her crap would go unchallenged. Now it's her ass on the line for making an allegation that costs thousands of dollars to support. I hope this is a very big deal.

Your work with the ombudsman . . . I don't see how this person can NOT see that first one and then the next allegation made by CPS to take your daughter and leave her in foster care for an entire year haven't even the slightest supportive evidence . . . no psych eval to support "untreated mental illness" and then your therapist's denial of your "hoarding" issue.

I don't see how they are going to be able to get you a full psych eval in the next two weeks. I think you're looking at a much longer extension on their final decision. The longer this goes on, the better for you and your girl.

Weighing the money CPS is bound to make off of your daughter versus the cost of this psych eval . . . hmmm.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:19 pm

The fill in the blank portion, seemed to weigh heavy on mine. 600 questions of silly things like....when at a party, I'm usually A. Sitting alone, B. The life of the party, C. I don't go to parties. ....or....I've thought of having sex in public, true or false.....or.....most days I feel sad......600 questions, with every 20th one, repeated. Different wording, same basic questions over&over. It tests for honesty. Then now&then, they throw in a crazy one like....I often think of killing animals and myself, true or false. They check via your answers, on a national standard, for 5 things. Honesty, voyeurism, sexual deviancy, depression, paranoia. Then the fill in the blank portion will be in her report, making reference to things. Like.....today I feel--------. Then her report will

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Say.....Noroses shows hopefulness, because she said today I feel good. Or, im proud of ---------. Then she'll say, Noroses shows evidence of good parent/child bonding because she said im proud of my daughter. Or, I think men are--------. Then her report will say, Noroses has anxiety and failed familary relationships because she said men are scary. There's a portion on your kids. Questions about behavior and how you feel about it. Answer for your WHOLE life, NOT since this mess.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Try to think about a normal day over the past 20their years, not your cps mess. They're judging your normalcy, not deciding your case. Also, don't try to convince the woman your ex

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Is a douche. And don't try to cover all emotions either. I saw how cps took me as too emotional, so I tried not to cry in the psych eval . I was cheerful, professional, polite, honest. Then my eval report said I was euphoric. Euphoric? Lol!!! Nope, not happy, just polite. Anyway, they take normal emotions and blow them bigger. Cry? Depressed. Don't cry? Euphoria.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Long story short, tell MOSTLY the truth, while pretending you're societies view of normal. I did fine on the mmpi2. You will too. NO answering yes to overly excessive sadness, sleeplessness, stress resulting in headaches, vision problems, etc. You're the healthiest chick you know. You can convey normal levels of sadness&frustration in the verbal portion, but those written are scored via computer, and will say your mental. On the written portion, NORMAL, HAPPY, HEALTHY answers.

Also, the computer grades for TOO perfect. Example: your family occasionally disappoints you......and you say NO. Or....I've lied to someone....and you say NO. It scales you

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:53 pm

If most people have lied in their life, and you say you haven't, ya know?

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Well, I've been calling around for two days now. No one has any appointments for months. The evaluation is due in less than two weeks.

There's a couple of numbers left out that I left messages on. I don't know if either of them will have anything or not.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:29 am

Even if you found one today, paid in full, and did the eval Monday , it takes 2weeks to 2months to get the final report to court. And CPS KNOWS it. My first one was 3weeks from eval to final report. My second, was 8weeks. My third, 6weeks.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:17 pm

brookeycookie wrote:Even if you found one today, paid in full, and did the eval Monday , it takes 2weeks to 2months to get the final report to court. And CPS KNOWS it. My first one was 3weeks from eval to final report. My second, was 8weeks. My third, 6weeks.

So, the judge would know this as well? And thus they were trying to write me up for something?

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:06 am

In my case, the judge appeared irritated it took so long. Court was continued twice awaiting my psych eval report. The ones cps scheduled were drug out, not being scheduled until the last minute, then taking 8weeks to get the report. Cps knew, not sure about judge. Although, judges probably know too, if they try these cases very often. Ask for a continuance based on the fact they court ordered it, then didn't come through in time.

Return to “CPS Investigations”