Oh, for Pete's sake! Psychic caseworker

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Daruma

Oh, for Pete's sake! Psychic caseworker

Postby Daruma » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Today's Dear Abby (March 18, 2012) starts off with a letter from a soon-to-be graduate in social work, who claims to have paranormal powers. She asks, "I'm concerned about my psychic ability in relation to my clients. If I pick up on abuse in the mind of a child, for example, am I obligated to report it?"

This isn't a debate about whether some people have psychic abilities or not. I'm not trying to knock anyone's beliefs. I just want to call attention to the fact that this woman, this future social worker, seriously asks whether she should turn a family in to CPS on the basis of psychic visions.

"So what are the allegations against my husband and me?"
"A psychic picked up an abusive aura from your child."

Heaven help us. How do you defend yourself from a charge like that?
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

noroses4u2c

Re: Oh, for Pete's sake! Psychic caseworker

Postby noroses4u2c » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:08 pm

omg...it's a witchhunt against parents...
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Meh.... not much different than what's going on now! Imagination/divination/intuition/fabrication... it's all CPS crap!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Eljay wrote:Meh.... not much different than what's going on now! Imagination/divination/intuition/fabrication... it's all CPS crap!

true...

Dear Abby is encouraging her to use her 'gift' to basically railroad people.

Back in the day of the witchhunts, society targeted the 'witches' in much the same manner. Anyone who was 'different' was a witch. Now, anyone different is a child abuser.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:22 am

Part of my response to Dear Abby. We'll see if she runs it or not.

...a misguided investigation takes away resources from children who really are in danger... Social workers should follow the objective, verifiable facts wherever they lead. If some disembodied spirit wants to be part of the investigation, let it figure out how to show up in court and testify under oath, just like any other witness.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 am

Where's the LIKE button? :)
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:46 pm

I love your response. :)

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 pm

That response is awesome. :lol:

And I agree, it's practically the same as what many social workers already do. So much of their "work" is based off speculation instead of concrete evidence.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Return to “Round Table”