Can they really take your baby??!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

HappeeBee

Can they really take your baby??!!

Postby HappeeBee » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:30 pm

I just saw on a group on another site where someone asked if cps could take their child-apparently poster is pregnant with third and her two kids are in cps custody with relatives-after they've had him/her.

Is this true?

I've read how some people stated their rights and cps couldnt do anything, others say as long as the child is provided for cps doesnt mess with them. i guess it depends on where you are at and how bad they are?

Is this true though? cause if thats the case i want to avoid this until my kids are home for sure!!!

cjkreifels

Re: Can they really take your baby??!!

Postby cjkreifels » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 am

it happened to someone i know also so yeah i guess its true

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 pm

I have never heard of a case where they did not take subsequent children.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:22 am

Usually if you have children in the CPS system they'll try to take any newborn babies at birth.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

jme4u702

Postby jme4u702 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:22 pm

i have two kids in the system and just had my daughter 12 days ago. they came in and took her 2 days ago.

ttteee

Postby ttteee » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 pm

what if they were adopted out. Legally they are not your children and they are not in the system

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Yes, if they involuntarily terminated your rights and adopted your kids out, then they will take your next baby.

You can try to have the baby in a different county or state, with a different doctor, and hope they don't learn of your previous history. But if you're on public assistance/Medicaid, you're probably flagged in the state computers as a "child abuser."
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Tttee, does this baby have the same dad as the earlier kids? If it's a different dad with no CPS history, he may be able to get the baby.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Too vague. They would look into why the first kids were taken, and what the risk is with the new born.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:32 pm

fatherofthree wrote:Too vague. They would look into why the first kids were taken, and what the risk is with the new born.

Ummmm.... not, not really. Once you've had a TPR, they'll take all future children once they find out.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am

fatherofthree wrote:Too vague. They would look into why the first kids were taken, and what the risk is with the new born.

Maybe, if you're really lucky, this would happen. From what I've seen, the hospital will put an administrative hold on the newborn, just long enough for a CPS investigator to round up enough "facts" to justify going to the court for an "emergency" removal, based on future assessed risk. (Kind of like the movie Minority Report, where you can be arrested for future crimes you haven't even planned to commit.)

This is one reason why I wish more parents would fight the existing allegations instead of just jumping through the hoops. If you don't file the Objections & Corrections Statement, then every lie your caseworker told becomes "the truth," for all legal purposes in the future. That leaves you with no ground to stand on next time around, when they come for your newborn.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Daruma wrote:

Maybe, if you're really lucky, this would happen. From what I've seen, the hospital will put an administrative hold on the newborn, just long enough for a CPS investigator to round up enough "facts" to justify going to the court for an "emergency" removal, based on future assessed risk. (Kind of like the movie Minority Report, where you can be arrested for future crimes you haven't even planned to commit.)

This is one reason why I wish more parents would fight the existing allegations instead of just jumping through the hoops. If you don't file the Objections & Corrections Statement, then every lie your caseworker told becomes "the truth," for all legal purposes in the future. That leaves you with no ground to stand on next time around, when they come for your newborn.

Most people do not even know about that stuff. By the time they do, it is often after their court appointed attorneys had them stipulate and then it's too late to fight the charges. In my case, of course, they said I stipulated when I didn't. They don't teach about this stuff in the public school system. If they did, the lesson would be highly slanted in favor of CPS.

When someone's child is abducted in the movies, the parents jump through the abductor's hoops, trying to come up with ransom money or whatever the abductor wants. Children are rarely abducted for ransom in real life as what is done in the movies. Instead, we have the government to abduct the children, demand the parents jump through the government's hoops, and usually the parents never get the children back.

Yes, it is like the Minority Report. They take kids not because of abuse that has happened, but because something 'might' happen. There isn't anyone to fight on the side of the parents usually. No one wants to be thought to be defending a child abuser.

There needs to be more parents who have had this happen to them to go become lawyers to defend others. That's the only way to fight it legally.

Yes, they will take your baby from the hospital. In their minds, they don't have a reason not to take your baby.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:12 am

They only way I know for a fact that they CAN NOT take a newborn is if you have the child in another state and you live in that state They can not cross state lines. I know because I moved from Oklahoma back to Texas during my case because my ex was beating the daylights out of me I had a child and they all told me this that my son I have now is untouchable in the that state unless I move back and they know it.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:16 am

eyeq181 wrote:They only way I know for a fact that they CAN NOT take a newborn is if you have the child in another state and you live in that state They can not cross state lines. I know because I moved from Oklahoma back to Texas during my case because my ex was beating the daylights out of me I had a child and they all told me this that my son I have now is untouchable in the that state unless I move back and they know it.

And don't ever let anyone in the new state know anything about what happened in the old state.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:59 am

exactly!
noroses4u2c wrote:
eyeq181 wrote:They only way I know for a fact that they CAN NOT take a newborn is if you have the child in another state and you live in that state They can not cross state lines. I know because I moved from Oklahoma back to Texas during my case because my ex was beating the daylights out of me I had a child and they all told me this that my son I have now is untouchable in the that state unless I move back and they know it.

And don't ever let anyone in the new state know anything about what happened in the old state.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 am

That is not necessarily correct. There is an out of state compact that covers the entire US. If there is a removal order in state A, they can remove in state B based on that court order.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 pm

fatherofthree wrote:

That is not necessarily correct. There is an out of state compact that covers the entire US. If there is a removal order in state A, they can remove in state B based on that court order.

Yes, but we are talking about subsequent pregnancies after TPR.

It is also best if old state doesn't know about where you've even gone.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Probably right, in my case the final judgement orders regarding one son, Southern California, were instructed to DCFS to be registered with the DCFS of Illinois.

There was a lady here in December, who had previously VOLUNTARILY adopted a child out and it was somehow on CPS records. She had babies in December and DCFS came and snatched them away, started to harass her for weeks with the usual you're not fit crap....

...then got them back two months later, after court decided that DCFS/CPS had no rights to these children since the previous adoption was VOLUNTARY. DCFS even contacted the previous adopters home, made bad and really false allegations trying to pump for info in the process of stealing her current children and made the hope of her seeing them one day vanish, because the previous adopters "heard" all this bad stuff regarding her and her newborns (basically only that cps took them)

Point all is, that if you've had previous history with cps, especially if rights have been terminated in the past, cps policies are different for every state, but for the most part, THEY WILL TAKE ALL FUTURE CHILDREN ONCE THEY FIND OUT. There are some states where they do not, as I have heard on these boards....

I will even go further and tell you that CPS will LIE to expecting mothers regarding this. I even read a story last year on these boards where the cps worker was so excited to hear of the pregnancy, offered to buy new baby diapers, absolutely told mother that child would not be taken, only to show up hours after birth to snatch child...

...and another on this board where cps tells mother they want to know where she is giving birth, when she is expecting...they go to court and the JUDGE gives them the FALSE IMPRESSION that the court has nothing to do with the expected newborn, which is a LIE, judge knows VERY WELL what happens....
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Of course they lie about it. If the parents knew the truth then they'd disappear where they couldn't be found. It would make things so much harder on them.

Return to “CPS Investigations”