The Worst Social Worker in the State of WI

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

crobinson76

The Worst Social Worker in the State of WI

Postby crobinson76 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:54 am

My CPS case started on lies and gossip that I disproved, but, here we are a year and a half later and I am still fighting with them. My SW does nothing but lie to me, make up lies about me, constantly accuse me of things that I don't or haven't done and when I prove her wrong she doesn't even bother to look into it. She will tell my I am progressing fine 1 day and then write up the Permanency Plan Review with nothing but horrible negative lies about me saying things like: I haven't bothered to take any of SS advice of follow any of their stipulations--Even though I have completed all of them. My SW's reasoning for me not getting my son back yet is having continuous failed UAs which she said proved I was taking too many of my own medications, which I told her wasn't happening and even proved her wrong twice. But, she wouldn't even bother looking into it. I called the CPS supervisor and explained to him the things my SW has been doing but he still denied my request to change SWs. I couldn't believe it. But, he did ask me to type up everything that I thought she did wrong in the past 2 years and email it to him. I did that plus go over the last Permanency Plan that was full of lies and attach that also and emailed it all to him. That was last week so we'll see what the reply sees I guess. What I want to know though is how to make them change my SW. I am not going to get anywhere with the 1 I have. So, I believe this is 1 of the most important things I need to do. Any comments or questions are welcome. Thank you. Chels from Wisconsin

Eljay

Re: The Worst Social Worker in the State of WI

Postby Eljay » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Better to work through the courts if you can... how far away is your next hearing date?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

organicmommy

Postby organicmommy » Sun May 13, 2012 2:13 am

i have had a very similar situation with my social worker. when i confronted her supervisor with evidence of her lies she decided to switch my social worker to a new person. at the time i was suppose to be put on a family maintnence plan within the next month and a half. so my kids could finally be back home with me. when they switched me to a new social worker the woman told me that i was going to be given a whole new case plan and that she wasnt going to let my kids come back home with me. when i asked why. she said it was because i wanted to switch social workers. WOW. there it was, my children were not going to come home to their loving mommy because this social worker got her feelings hurt, and was being retalitory. so it was a catch 22 i changed from a really bad social worker to then get the worst social worker you could possibly imagine. my case is in ventura CA though so im not sure if you will get the same treatment. but they are all friends and they act like a bullying high school click.

RainDE

Postby RainDE » Sun May 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I've had 4 caseworkers in 9 months, and ALL have had their fair share of lying spells. They are definently a high school click, a really terrible cheer-leader type click. It's a gamble but you could get a better social worker at some point.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 am

Did you call the supervisor again regarding this? And her supervisor? and the office director? Keep escalating!!!!!!!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

organicmommy

Postby organicmommy » Fri May 18, 2012 10:00 am

i have actually gone so far as to make complaints against the social worker then the sw supervisor then the supervisors supervisor then the "manager" of the office/supervisors.and then filed formal complaints with the state of california regarding the whole office. i actually was told that the original supervisor i made complaints about is no longer the supervisor. i dont know if its because of my complaints but i do have a meeting with the new supervisor today regarding my case. so i will see what happens. i really dont know if my complaining has ended up doing more harm to my case or not. but hopefully something goes right today. good luck with your issues with your sw. i hope everything works out.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi organicmommy, I'm over here in L.A. county and it is the same pile of crud here. They will only take what you send cps and use it against you. I too had a social worker, playing all those games, the only thing that counts with them is those reports. They can smile and get along with you fine all they want but anything you give them of this nature, will never be in any report of theirs. It will be as if none of your complaints exist.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

chrystalday

Postby chrystalday » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:44 am

I also live in WI, what they do is terrible, but a recorder and start using it for everything phone calls interviews visits. I also wrote govener walker and he sent my small note off to children and families and they told me to file a grievence procedure even though it is too late for me to do it now. Do everything in writting if its not in writting it does not exist to them. We talked tot he director as well, record it please because you will dig yourself deeper by communicating with these people, at least we have. file written complaints, you could even send them a certified letter letting them know that they may be recorded. For all others I have heard that if you still have your children and pos a sign on all of your doors stating that anyone entering may be recorded this holds up possibly. Its a good idea to have two video taping devices set up because they will likely force you to shut it off. Wisconsin has a very corrupt system in my opinion. They have stolen our children because my son had a siezure in the bathtub, I called the ambulance and even though I had reacted and saved his life they say I neglected him. Sicne then they took four of my children, accused there father of abusing me because innitially I had the flu when they stopped by and they said he refused to allow them axcess to me and rather than calling for back up (because he asked them if they wanted me to come out and they said no) they waited 2 weeks called me in and said they were scared for my life and I must have been black and blue in the face. I have never been abused by him ever! Three months past and they had us arrested for lighting off fireworks, they took my kids and in 67 days I have only seen them 1 time. There is much much more corruption to my story. However start defending yourself the sooner you do the sooner and more likely you will see your kids again. Just remember that GOD himself does not approve of this and he is with us all. Best of luck. NOTE this is not legal advice and is nothing more than my thoughts I am not an attorney

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 pm

I was hoping that Wisconsin was a better state to live in. What county is the original poster in so I don't move there?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:29 pm

The supervisors are MORE corrupt than the caseworkers.

The caseworkers lie because the supervisors tell them to, and they want to keep their jobs.

Supervisors got their jobs by being corrupted caseworkers capable of destroying families and forcing others to do so.

Suggestion: take your evidence to the county board of supervisors, trustees, or whoever it is that runs your county. The elected officials. They are responsible for everything going on in your county.

Here in CA we have a county board of supervisors made up of representatives - one elected by each district of the county. I know and have appealed for help from my local supervisor more than once and she "fixed" things ASAP with no more hassles. You see, supervisors know how to get county employees fired and how to cut funding to agencies within the county such as CPS.

I would tell the county supervisor (not CPS supervisor) that you were told your kids couldn't come home because you wanted a different social worker. The county supervisor is NOT a CPS employee.. it is an elected official of the county.

They want your vote!!!

Also you can write a letter about the employees involved... to the county personnel department. That may keep them from getting promotions. They might even get demoted or fired.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 am

Amen to the county commissioners. That is exactly what worked for us. Have others call on your behalf and go sit down with them. Our commissioners put a complete stop to the antics of our social worker. But most people do not know that they CAN complain to commissioners. I didn't even know the county HAD commissioners and what they do? We got our kids back after the commissioners laid into CPS.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 am

That brought a smile to my face! I'm so glad it worked for you and that your children were returned.

One more thing... county supervisors/trustees/commissioners... don't want you to sue the county!!!

Especially in this time of recession/depression counties can't afford to be sued.

However, I'd try to be a friend to the local county supervisors, and would not just go there and threaten to sue. Nevertheless let them know you have a good case against the CPS employees, without mentioning that you might sue. They'll get the picture.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:36 am

We also had people come to everything even commissioner meetings and just stare at what was going on. They never said anything but made the entire county very uncomfortable with the posse of people we always had with us to observe what was going on.

Because of what our friends saw being done to us we have one very good friend who is now running for commissioner in the Nov. elections so she can hold Human Services accountable for their abuse of power. I think she has a very good chance of winning.

You need friends at a time like this. We would have never gotten our kids back and made it through without our friends. Proverbs says "A bother is born for adversity."

miller2002us

Postby miller2002us » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 pm

also in wi and cps is a joke. my son and his girlfriend and their kids came to visit me, i am on disability so i don't have much for income and awhile back part of my roof caved in, we have the roof fixed and are in the process of putting new pannels up on some of the walls we had to redue, almost done as it is a slow process because of the cost. Cps shows up saying they were told that my son and his family lived here and the home was unsafe. I did the wrong thing and let them in as they had a cop with and gave the impression i had to. They wrote my recycling down as garbage, even when the cop told them it was recycling, one of the 3 lightbulbs in the bathroom didnt have a bulb in it and i was told my 1 1/2 yr old grandson could put his finger in it and get killed even though it was 6 ft in the air,we have a few pannels to put up yet on the walls and showed them the supplies and that we were in the process of doing that, and that the kids (1 1/2 and 3 months) were gated out of that room, and the stupidest was the sw having a fit because my grandson got a misquitto bite while sw was there and wanted to know if we had anything to put on it after stating no we didnt she said she would get something from her purse for it,it was a misquitto bite for goodness sake. But it was alot of things like that the cop was acutally getting mad at her. Anyway my son and his girlfriend proved that they did NOT live here and were just visiting, but were told to leave or they would take the kids, so they left. I got so upset i started haveing chest pains (I had a heart attack a year before), I stated my chest was hurting and asked my husband to get my nitro pills, as he went to get them i tried to sit down in a chair, and the sw wouldnt move so i could sit and she wouldnt move out of the way when my husband brought me my pills(pretty sad when you have to go around someone in that situation). Then she told the cop to drive by every half hour and his response to me was sorry he had to do his job. a week later the sw showed up again,the children were not here but my son and his gf were, she hide her car and walked up and tried looking in the house but my husband was just going outside and saw her, she then said she was there to let the kids know she was going on vacation(hummm...she didnt know they were there) and started getting nasty with my son, so i decided this is gonna end now, I walked out and told her to get off my property she tried to talk over me and i told her again to leave or i was gonna have her charged with tresspass since she was told to leave and didnt, i told her we had tried to coroperate and in turn she lied in her reports and was very condecending because we were poor. I informed her that she was not above the law and would be charged if she stepped foot here again, her response was "are you threating me?" i said "yes with the law now leave" i went in and called her supervisor and she told me i didnt have the legal right to kick the sw off the property that only the land owner does. I told her i knew wi law and yes i had every right, just then there was a knock at the door it was a cop...i told the supervisor i had to go cause there was a cop at the door and she laughed and said "good luck with that". The cop wanted to know where the kids were and said the sw said she had the right to know. I told him NO she had the right to know they werent here and that was it, he wanted at least a town, and we said no but you can come in and see that they are NOT here. He was very nice and he also told me he was sorry about this. So he checked and left with just the information that the kids were not here. Also the supervisor left her last job and took this job just as they were going to fire her(this info came from a sw she had worked with) Now my son and his gf never recieved one single paper from cps, not even a plan which i was told they were required to do before they left the first day since they said there was immediate danger to the kids. now fast forward 2 months, the mother got a letter stating it was determined that the children were maltreated under wi state statute 48.13(10) neglect. which states "whose parent, guardian, or legal custodian neglects,refuses or is unable for reasons other than poverty to provide necessary care, food, clothing, medical or dental care or shelter so as to seriously endanger the physical health of the child" . now in that respect they did not live here so how does that fit . Second I recieved the same letter today stating that it was also determined that I maltreated the kids with neglect under the same statute....the statute that states the parent, guardian, or legal custodian...which I am none of the above....I want to find a way to go after cps for all this and how they can try to make the law fit the way they want it to and totally disregard it, and the supervisors are supposed to be the ones making sure the laws are followed but yet they are just as bad if not worse as the sw....sorry this is sooo long but I wanted all the facts known so I can find out the most I can on anything I can do to stop these people from just doing as they please and hurting so many in the process.. ANY info that i could use or advise would be soo helpful as i cant afford a lawyer to go after them, disability doesnt pay that much. They need to be stopped!

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 am

More than a few grandparents end up here. You're going to have to learn how all this works. At least your son and daughter still have the children for now. Yep, read this site, the threads. What I see here this pos did and probably was very well hired to do is to create cases, so she runs around the poor, where ignorance does run deep and take advantage of these people like this.

Never letting them in your home is one thing, never, make them show you the warrant. Recording and documenting and appealing this charge and conviction of neglect needs to be fought as well. Most likely she does this all the time and steps on the rights of others constantly.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:33 pm

miller2002us wrote: ANY info that i could use or advise would be soo helpful as i cant afford a lawyer to go after them, disability doesnt pay that much. They need to be stopped!

Charging you with a crime that doesn't even apply (like charging a drunk pedestrian with drunk driving) is abuse under the color of law. IMHO, this is a federal crime which you should file with the FBI. Here's the form:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate ... lor_of_law

You could also file a restraining order against them for harassing you:
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/cvs/Victims_ ... orders.asp

Both of these are for victims of crimes/harassment and shouldn't cost you a penny. Document EVERYTHING now, recollecting your conversations and her threats and lies.

miller2002us

Postby miller2002us » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 pm

we have not been charged through the courts (yet, I don't know if thats what they do next or not) it says child maltreatment, neglect determination and that cps has concluded we did this. Also since I posted this not only have my sons girlfriend and I recieved these letters now also my son, my husband, and my mother (she lives with me shes disabled also) and we take care of her. Also now we cant get financial help for taking care of her because it states that the statutes prohibit a person determined to have maltreated a child from being employed, etc. to take care of kids, vulnerable people, etc. and we would be concidered as an employee to recieve the help, we have been taking care of her on our own but its so hard money wise and we just found out we could apply to recieve the help and now not only have cps charged us under a statute that does not apply to us, and falsely charged my son and his gf, but also stopped us from recieving help. I am also wondering what they do next, will they charge everyone in court, or just leave it with their office, so its harder for us to get it off our records. We plan to try to find a lawyer and go after them and I did tell my son and his gf that they might retaliate and they said they wanted to go ahead because its sooo wrong what cps is doing. Now I also pray that cps won't try to take the kids, since they live in a differant county then me(where this happened) and that county seems ok for not abusing there powers (I pray I'm right). If anyone can tell me anything of what may happen now or anything else i should do please let me know. Also can i file that report about the color of law since its not a charge in court? As of now anyway.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:22 am

Well, i think you must fight them re: the letter you got saying they determined everyone in your house as a child abuser and neglectful. I never heard such crap, cps comes over while your kids are on a visit, enters home with police, leaves and you get a letter saying they've determined this and they are looking for the town where your son lives?

Ya, they most likely think he is in the county and are probably scouring for him and this lady scares me, because if your son is in county, she will go and just flat out steal the kids. That's the message I'm getting over here.. This cps agent needs to be fired. I suggest at a minimum a formal complaint and not with a supervisor, with someone way above them so that this is also included on her record, she could even be on probation right now, being a new job, but I suspect the pos was hired specifically to run around and violate certain persons rights, in this manner, to grab cases.

Regarding the first post, when the supervisor asked to see all that the social worker had done and to fax it over, that was merely THEM getting your records so they could fix everything on their end to make you appear awful. They are scum, absolute scum.

Sorry I'm not more helpful but YOU REALLY NEED TO APPEAL this letter and you don't need a lawyer, you just need to figure out how to get this off your record.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 am

You absolutely have to appeal those listings *IMMEDIATELY* ... time frames are very short on those. Has it occurred to you that you could have the kids sleeping OUTSIDE in a tent on a nice warm summer, but a partly open roof/wall or open window constitutes child abuse???? I don't think so.... you were merely "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" at the time!!!!!!!!!

Your state ombudsman: http://www.blackriverfalls.com/componen ... an-program

Just google "wisconsin ombudsman" and you'll find many programs, esp nursing care/elder care. Call them and tell them what is happening to you. Call and ask for help. I've got family from Wisconsin and I can tell you that the vast majority of WI folk are kind and giving.... there is help out there for you!!!!!!!

miller2002us

Postby miller2002us » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks for the advise and info, I'm so in shock of this, it actually is hard to wrap my head around how they can do as they please with no regard for people or the law, in the morning I will do the appeal right away and make some calls to see what I can find. I just wish there was a way to stop these people from trying to destroy families. And the way they do it is deplorable, I've seen criminals with better ethics than these people.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Miller2002us how is it going? Is it a maltreament finding you are fighting? Eljay is right contact your ombudsman and also county commissioners. WI is one of the better states I have family there. They are just more laid back. Where CPS can be out of control monsters your saving grace is in the local officials. Go tell them your story.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”