Ruling on Interviewing children at public school..

Post and discuss your research and resources.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

good dad
Site Admin

Ruling on Interviewing children at public school..

Postby good dad » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:58 pm

In the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeal's most recent decision issued last week, Jones v. Hunt, 2005 WL 1395095 (10th Cir. 2005),

In a critical footnote in Jones v. Hunt, the court noted that "we do not imply that a social worker investigating allegations of abuse or neglect necessarily requires a warrant, probable cause, or exigent circumstances before questioning a child on public school property. Where a social worker merely conducted an interview of a child at a public school, and thus did not remove the child nor interfere with the sanctity of the private home, we have applied the Terry standard." (a search of a child by a government official is reasonable if "justified at its inception" and "reasonably related in scope to the circumstances which justified the interference in the first place")

The court concluded "it may be that the Terry standard applies even where a social worker removes a child from her parents' custody at a public school following a legitimate investigation into child abuse and neglect."
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:58 am

I wonder how many Social Workers investigate children at school???

If it was a Caseworker and many are if I understand all that I have read lately then one could still file charges against the Caseworker wouldn't you think.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “Research Resources”