girlfriend visiting family out of state and cps allowed to h

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

finishinglast

girlfriend visiting family out of state and cps allowed to h

Postby finishinglast » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 am

My gf went to visit her parents w our 3 y/o and cps placed her w her sister and will not let me come to get her. I've hired 2 attys but they seem too busy for me. Something doesn't seem right here....

finishinglast

Re: girlfriend visiting family out of state and cps allowed

Postby finishinglast » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am

How are they allowed to hold our daughter from me in their state? I was here and in in our home in another state and had nothing to do with whatever she was doing in another state. Could someone please shed some light on how this is possible. I believe it to be incorrect and that since I am the father, they should let me get her. How is this possible? Very frustrating!

finishinglast

Postby finishinglast » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 am

How are they allowed to hold our daughter from me in their state? I was here and in in our home in another state and had nothing to do with whatever she was doing in another state. Could someone please shed some light on how this is possible. I believe it to be incorrect and that since I am the father, they should let me get her. How is this possible? Very frustrating!

whosechildrenarethey

Postby whosechildrenarethey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am

Can't say for sure because you don't provide enough information. Have you asked your girlfriend for the contact information of the CPS investigator that made these arrangements for your daughter to be temporarily placed with her Aunt so that you can talk to the CPS investigator first hand?

Have you tried calling your girlfriends sister?

Did your girlfriend voluntarily allow CPS to place your daughter with her sister or is the court involved?

What caused this? What are the allegations? Have their been any allegations against you? What State is your daughter in?

family_man

Postby family_man » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Also in what state did your gf visit? CPS has the right (and duty) to take children into their custody when it is reasonable to believe that they are in imminent risk of serious harm. That's the only time they are supposed to be able to do that, but here is a story from Nebraska, when a child was taken into custody while the parents were visiting another state, for something less than imminent danger.

http://www.nccprblog.org/2009/07/nebraska-speed-trap-of-child-welfare.html
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “CPS Investigations”