Social worker home visits after reunification

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

SnowBall

Social worker home visits after reunification

Postby SnowBall » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:13 pm

If you get your child back, when and how often do social workers visit the home? Do they have to be scheduled or are parents always "on call" to do a home visit?

whosechildrenarethey

Re: Social worker home visits after reunification

Postby whosechildrenarethey » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 am

In my state the department does monthly wellness checks for a year after the children are returned home if you voluntarily signed a case plan or were found at fault during the adjudicatory hearing.

Also in my state they are required to conduct some unannounced visits, which does not make you "on call". When people show up unannounced and uninvited they shouldn't have any expectation that you will be home.

You can do an online query for your states CPS policy and procedures manual to find out how long they will be visiting your children if you would rather not take the more direct route of asking the SW.

SnowBall

Re: Social worker home visits after reunification

Postby SnowBall » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:38 pm

whosechildrenarethey wrote:In my state the department does monthly wellness checks for a year after the children are returned home if you voluntarily signed a case plan or were found at fault during the adjudicatory hearing.

Also in my state they are required to conduct some unannounced visits, which does not make you "on call". When people show up unannounced and uninvited they shouldn't have any expectation that you will be home.

You can do an online query for your states CPS policy and procedures manual to find out how long they will be visiting your children if you would rather not take the more direct route of asking the SW.

Thanks, that makes sense. If there's an unannounced visit and you're not home, do they make a phone call?

Return to “CPS Investigations”