Here is my Story, I am looking for support.

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LovePoet

Here is my Story, I am looking for support.

Postby LovePoet » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:38 am

I lost my Fiancé and my family due to an accident. My fiancé left with my mom to Farmers market. I'm a stay at home dad or was. I moved to Walla Walla about 3 years ago. After I lost my son to SIDS in October of 2000. I started over here but was unable to find a job except as a newspaper carrier for the Union Bulletin. Christine Dickerson and I met while she was pregnant with her daughter. Well our daughter is now 2 our son is a few months old. I taught Issabella how to crawl, walk, her first word was Dadda. I read to her from the bible at bedtime. I was even working on potty training her. Most men wouldn't have taken on another man's child and treated them with unconditional love like I have treated Izzy. Right now all I have is memories to hold onto. I was feeding our son Christopher Joseph Knowles Jr. Issabella kept running up an smacking him in the face. She didn't pick it up from her mother or I we don't hit each other. I think it is just a jealousy thing. Well I laid him down on the couch and propped the bottle up so he could eat. WHile I was doing this Izzy grabbed her mothers glass of Kool aid stuck her hand in her wet diaper, then in the glass of kool aid, then was about to put her hand in her mouth. All I could think was oh my god she is going to make herself extremely sick if not worse. So I reacted thinking I was doing the only thing I could do in the limited amount of time I had. I lunged from the couch as fast as I could using my left hand even though I'm right handed I tried to smack her hand. Well my legs hit the edge of the coffee table I fell forward Issabella sat down on her butt probably thinking I was going to spank her which is what I would normally have done if I had enough time to stop her from what she was about to do. My hand missed and caught her right beside her right eye. I felt so horrible I didn't intend to hit her in the face or even very hard. Well I gave my baby a black eye. I was so shook up and feeling completely wretched for something like that I hugged her and told her how sorry I was until she fell asleep for her nap. Hoping that the hand print would go away I kept checking on her. It didn't well not right away. Christine came home and my mom left then when Issabella woke up Christine asked what had happened I still felt really bad as I remembered what I used to go through when I was younger that I mumbled out an answer. I still don't even remember what I told her. Never have I abused my kids or Christine. I swore I would never do to my family what was done to me. Well now I am facing Assault 4 degree I intend to plead not guilty. Christine finally found out what had happened I guess a friend of mine told her what I had told him about what had happened. Nobody believes that I could do that to my child except CPS. Christine tried to drop the restraining order so I could see my Kids and her, they told her if she did they would take our kids from her. She can't even testify on my behalf. I've never been in trouble with the law. No criminal record, my whole life was my kids. Now they are gone. I don't like to see abused children. Yet how do you prove it was an accident? Nobody has even seen me lose my temper with my kids. If I start to get frustrated with them I would tell Christine or I would set them down and tell them Daddy needed a time out. How do you fight the system that is made to protect children? If I had done it out of anger like with what used to happen to me and not trying to protect her. I wouldn't be writing this right now. All of my friends want to go to court for me. They are willing to provide statements about how I treated my kids. They still trust me around theirs. I feel as if I am being persecuted for an accident. Like I'm about to be crucified by CPS. I've tried to explain what happened to them I've heard from friends , since Christine's friends are my friends it's hard not to hear about what goes on in the others life. Christine has tried to tell them I would never intentionally hurt my children. Perhaps this will raise an awareness and help people understand that Accidents do happen. It's no different than your child running up behind you just as you move your arm and your elbow catches them in the eye. Your going to feel terrible. Does that mean CPS will try an cut you out of your children's lives as well? I will have to take anger management classes and yet I am one of the most mild mannered people you will ever meet. Calm, quiet , and polite. Except for lately all I can do is cry as I fall apart as I think of what I could have done should have done. Yet when I seen her putting her hand in her mouth I didn't have a lot of time to think. Nobody knows how they will react under that kind of situation. I'm guilty of trying to be a good dad. If that's a crime then lock me up. I've heard of the abuse that children suffer in foster care I too was a foster child and I remember the things I went through in them, So I can tell people first hand that in some situations the child is better off with their parents depending on the situation. Since she has not seen her daddy, she has quit potty training, she cries for me at night, she cries for me during the day. Please help me. ANy kind of information you can provide would be helpful if not assistance. Now they told her if we get back together they will take our kids from her how is this right or fair?

LovePoet

How do I prove I am not a danger or a threat to my children?

Postby LovePoet » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:28 am

CPS says that I am a danger and a threat to my children. That if my Fiance and I ever get back together they will take them. No I have not had my chance in court yet. I really miss my kids, I have to stay at a friends house because of all of this. I have not seen them since July 23. This is hell for me. I sacrificed everything for my family. I had a chance to go to ITT on a scholarship in a different area but only I could go and I refused because I would have had to leave my family behind. RIght now I could have two jobs in a different city. STill I refuse to leave my family.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:11 pm

I havent known what to say to this post and was hoping that someone else would say something because I am a rather blunt person and have no qualms about speaking my mind.
This is just my opinion here, and I am sure this is not the reaction you were looking for here, but you shouldnt be spanking a 2 year old.
I am not, nor will I ever want to be a social joker, nor am I a CPS groupie, but your story conflicts ..like ...a lot.
Last edited by Momoffor on Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

My Quetion Is ...

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 pm

Who reported you to CPS? What did they report you for?

If it was your wife who reported you, or "cooperated" with them in any way; divorce her.

Bob Fletcher

LovePoet

Heres the answer

Postby LovePoet » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:47 am

My mother threatened her. Told her if she didn't have me arrested she would call CPS herself and have me arrested. Then she skipped town. *sighs* My life is a mess but I am slowly picking up the pieces.

LadyGotti

You are in the same situation as my husband

Postby LadyGotti » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:20 pm

I feel your pain and I am pretty sure that my husband especially feels your pain. I was forced by CPS to get a restraining order as well against my husband with threats that if I didn't do so they would take our daughter away from me. Here is the number to a law firm that will be able to help you. They can do a consultation right over the phone. The Chase Law Group; 1-800-200-0005. May God Bless the both of you. Keep me posted please. Iwill have you in my prayers.
Lady Gotti
I'll fight to I have won this battle for my family. Please keep us in your prayers.

misty9857

Postby misty9857 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:53 pm

whacko what the hell would you EVER even think of hitting your child., The only reason you miss themis because you have no one to beat up on now. maybe you do love them, maybe it was an accident, but you don't deserve to be around your children., It sounds if you have some anger managment problems. I am not thrilled about anyone hitting their children, however I feel horriable for the kids whho must be so confused and being children missing you. I will give some advice froma future pediatric nurse. Please enroll yourself in parenting classes , (they really do help with different avenues of parenting and displine) Then get in an anger mangemt class. If you do this before DCFS or cps order you, it will show you want to re-form your self, you know what I am sure your not a whacko, but please don't hit your kids no matter how soft. Please they are helpless and frail, and you would feel heart broken if one thing you did actually killed them.YOu never know your own strength. You need to try time out. Time out for the amount of their age, 2 yrs. two minutes ina chair or couch no tv no toys no fun. At first this is hard they don't stay and don't understand but consistancy they will begin to and you will soon see the results. I know from experince I have a 11yr old a 7yr old, a 4yr old and a 2 year old. Please I beg of you I know it may of not been intetional, but we are products of out enviorment and if this happen to you as achild it could be you supressing that. PLease help yourself, don't make DCFS or cps do it for you, do it on your own, because you want your children to have more than you did when you were little . right. Good luck and please think about this.,

misty9857

Postby misty9857 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:55 pm

whacko what the hell would you EVER even think of hitting your child., The only reason you miss themis because you have no one to beat up on now. maybe you do love them, maybe it was an accident, but you don't deserve to be around your children., It sounds if you have some anger managment problems. I am not thrilled about anyone hitting their children, however I feel horriable for the kids whho must be so confused and being children missing you. I will give some advice froma future pediatric nurse. Please enroll yourself in parenting classes , (they really do help with different avenues of parenting and displine) Then get in an anger mangemt class. If you do this before DCFS or cps order you, it will show you want to re-form your self, you know what I am sure your not a whacko, but please don't hit your kids no matter how soft. Please they are helpless and frail, and you would feel heart broken if one thing you did actually killed them.YOu never know your own strength. You need to try time out. Time out for the amount of their age, 2 yrs. two minutes ina chair or couch no tv no toys no fun. At first this is hard they don't stay and don't understand but consistancy they will begin to and you will soon see the results. I know from experince I have a 11yr old a 7yr old, a 4yr old and a 2 year old. Please I beg of you I know it may of not been intetional, but we are products of out enviorment and if this happen to you as achild it could be you supressing that. PLease help yourself, don't make DCFS or cps do it for you, do it on your own, because you want your children to have more than you did when you were little . right. Good luck and please think about this.,don't listen to bob fletcher he is a republican nutcase who thinks he need to fight the system. He won't help you. No matter who reported you, you hit your child and need help. Your wife if she did it just wants you to get help

sedwards

Postby sedwards » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 pm

listen here misty you are not god and you dont come into this site and satrt calling people names and condemming them . Ok you are not perfect these people were called on you also . and no one called you names we gave you advice and offered help . DO NOT CONDEM OTHERS in this site you can give your opinion but not straight up call them names . That is not help at all ..

misty9857

Postby misty9857 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:47 pm

i am trying to help him but name is the first reaction someone would say when someone admitted to hitting their child, unless hitting a child is normal for you. Yeah they were falsy called on me, I saw the reports and the notes they took at my home i was flasy accused of something millons of people are. No big deal. Get over yourself. I am trying to help the guy get help before they get started on him.

LovePoet

I did not hit my Daughter on Purpose.

Postby LovePoet » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:47 pm

Ok now you are way out of line. Misty I don't know who you are I am no whacko nor am I a nutcase. As for the way I was treated in my childhood. I am living proof that patterns can be broken. If you choose to not allow certain things effect you. I do not appreciate your words towards me.

sedwards

Postby sedwards » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:11 am

He does not heed your help when you call him names and put him down . and as a matter fact i talk to him daily and he is a great person .and i am helping him and i have my kids and i never abused my kids... at all . i am here to help others who do need help and i will not wuit cause i know the truth of what is going on . Take off them damn blinders you are wearing and look at it they were called on you .. then you were mad but your case is closed great but do not come in here nad call noone anything when they need help if you cant say something nice keep your month shut

DesertSkye

he wasn't hitting the kid

Postby DesertSkye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:28 pm

Some people don't read

He trippe dover the table and as he was grabbing in that direction his hand landed on the sid eof her head

and SPANKING IS legal it even says so in the CPS manuals

thats all he said was he was going to smack her hand to keep it out of her mouth after she had stuck it in her wet diaper... but he tripped the baby sat down so his hand did not end up where he had intended

I was not abused as a child and I did do both(time out and a spank on the bottom if they were really acting up) and my kids are fine and one is going on 14 and is happy a high GPA student I have no problems out of her whatso ever

we are not here to judge so don't judge him

future nurse or not that was over the line

My daughter got hit in the corner of her cheek with a swing at school the bruise didn't show up until the next day weekend of course
and the doc was going to report me for doing it

I told him i'd sue him if he did because he could wait till Monday and call the school and get it verified
thank god he did because they did verify it
that was when she was 2
at preschool

So anyway we are all here for one reason
OUR KIDS
remember that and don't judge someone when u weren't there
A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”