Posting names,phone numbers of workers/advocating violence

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Dan Sullivan
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 4:42 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Postby Dan Sullivan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:03 am

Bob_Lynn wrote:So I assume that's a yes.


Yes, Bob, you should send Michael a Private Message if you don't want anyone other than Michael to comment on your conclusion that his post wasn't necessary.

If that's not what your "yes" was referring to... please clarify your reference.

Bob_Lynn
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:10 am

A question ends with a question mark Dan "?", please read my post again for comprehension.

You should tone down your obsession with me Dan, my wife is getting jealous.

Dan Sullivan
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 4:42 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Postby Dan Sullivan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:42 am

Bob_Lynn wrote: A question ends with a question mark Dan "?", please read my post again for comprehension.

You should tone down your obsession with me Dan, my wife is getting jealous.


Is your wife the jealous type, Bob?

If I'm not mistaken, she isn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bob_Lynn
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:54 am

If I'm not mistaken, you have a long criminal history Dan.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dan Sullivan
Posts: 1538
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 4:42 am
Location: Long Island, New York

Postby Dan Sullivan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:57 am

Bob_Lynn wrote:If I'm not mistaken, you have a long criminal history Dan.

Correct me if I'm wrong.


Consider yourself corrected, Bob, I have no criminal history, you're wrong.

User avatar
DesertSkye
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:59 am
Contact:

both ways

Postby DesertSkye » Tue May 16, 2006 5:50 am


Well, we all know those calls go both ways and we all need a place to vent

its no secret there are many dead children and missing children
due to CPS and other "authorities" "church run orphanages (thats where I think CPS could be involved...how did all those kids end up in orphanages)
and the children who were used "experimentally" at NIH they were all CPS "kids" I know that article was on the front page at one time also

and the mass graves of children found

http://www.fightcps.com/www.arcticbeacon.com

A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Greegor
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

Postby Greegor » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 am

The Duplessis Orphans story summary

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-70-1633/di ... s_orphans/

During the reign of Quebec Premier Maurice Duplessis in the 1940s and 1950s, an alarming number of healthy children living in sanctuaries were hastily diagnosed as mentally incompetent, psychotic patients. The diagnoses were always swift — the children went to bed orphans and woke up psychiatric patients. The reason? Shrewd fiscal planning; federal subsidies paid out more to hospitals than to orphanages. Some children allegedly endured lobotomies, electroshock, straitjackets and abuse. For the rest of their lives they would struggle to bring attention to their story and demand compensation. They called themselves the Duplessis Orphans.

Search terms:
Quebec Premier Maurice Duplessis 1940
Cite de St Jean de Dieu insane asylum
Now called Louis-Hippolyte LaFontaine Hospital
Mass graves
Medical experimentation

joeyllyon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:07 pm

Posting Names

Postby joeyllyon » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:33 pm

I am confused I guess - are we against posting the names of parents who have been found guilty of abuse/neglect or against posting of any parents names? Or are we talking about posting the names of social workers? Almost all of the states have an internet link if you go to your state licensing board web page and from there you can look up the name and the record of the investigator.

I also think that, in many cases, the names of "abusive parents" are made available to the public. I know the social worker and the reporters in my case made sure that everyone I knew or associated with was aware of my name, my address, my children's names, the allegations, and even pressured into making CPS reports against me, my husband, and my 11 year-old son. In addition, the government workers also made personal and private information (my new address, kids dob, etc.) available to anyone who wanted to know. My family has been pasted all over the internet with me and my family being drug through the mud. I tried - in vain - to get this harassment to stop - I went to the police, the Justice of the Peace, the DA, the Constable - all of whom said there was nothing they could do.

So - are we refraining from posting the names of the innocent or the names of those people out there who are hunting down their next victims to keep their own jobs and make foster parents better off financially for the state sanctioned kidnapping of our children? There is a website for every state that lists sex-offenders - it would be an interesting test to take a list of approved foster parents and compare the lists to the list of sex offenders - I have recently found out that there are innumerable sex offenders who will leave the state, fail to register in their new state, and the next thing you know, they are foster parents 1200 miles away from where they were listed as a dangerous child predator. Would make a great experiment for my Master's Thesis in Counseling.

joeyllyon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:07 pm

Here is an idea

Postby joeyllyon » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:47 pm

In Dallas we had a Chief - B.C. (no names - just initials) - he doesnt mind his name being used - trust me on this one. He would fire officers for misconduct, but because they are public servants they could just appeal his dismissal through the board - and these were guys who had multiple complaints for excessive violence and misconduct - not one or two - but MANY. Almost every time the board would reinstate the officers. Eventually B.C. got tired of the board putting bad cops back on the street - so he would let the media know the name and address of the board member(s) who reinstated the officers - and they were far less inclined to reinstate the officers after their names were made public and they were held accountable for their actions. Its not always a bad thing to make people stand up and defend their actions - God knows we are all having to do the same thing.

I do, however, see howan angry parent or parent(s) could use this as a means to harass a worker with no real reason to - so I guess i am torn on this one - if they are confident enough to rip apart a family - shouldnt they be confident enough to defend their actions to the public- they are, after all, "public servants." Its a fine line but one that should be examined.

On the topic of violence - anyone who is advocating violence is clearly 1-angry - and I believe we have all been angry enough to understand where you are at; and 2- not thinking clearly - by posting thoughts or desires to inflict injury on someone is not in any way going to help your case nor will it help this site - it will only undermine the validity of this site and of your case. Violence isnt the way to get your child back - its the way to make sure you wont ever get them back. Think before you post - but again - if someone is confident enough to walk into my home and tell me with no evidence that I am an unfit parent - then try to turn my children over to uneduated criminals - I think they should step up to the plate and defend their actions instead of hiding behind the veil of the government - but perhaps that is another site - I myself am working on gathering everything that has happened in my case and taking it to the local media - "CPS - for or against the family. You may be next to find out." Do it the right way - people who are shady dont want to be in the spotlight.

User avatar
Frustrated
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:49 pm

That is because your name are in Abuse Registry for everyone to see, including Schools, Hospitals, Work....etc...etc...it is acessible if they have the Database Software approved for them.

You need to work to get the Abuse Registry abolished, and start rebuilding them, putting REAL CONVICTED ABUSERS ON IT! Most of us never went to Criminal Courts, and we never got convicted. Only CPS made us guilty and put our names on it? You can expunge your Name by applying the Expungement Form, It can be found under I believe this same Board on top. You need to prove to them, that the Case was unfounded, and not indicated. Those who are founded are put on Abuse Registry automatically, but these people are not convicted in the Court of Law. Just CPS's Civil Proceeding calling you an Abuser and GUILTY! without due process, or any Courts involvement. None! I just happen to think this is absusrd to having our names on it if we never saw foot in Court? I think we need to bring this attention to SENATE< CONGRESS, to make changes on this Abuse Registry. I think it should be made ONLY FOR CONVICTED ABUSERS! Why put innocent regular ordinary folks on it? It is like putting George W. Bush on it, because he spanked his Daughters back in the Old Days? mmm I wonder what he thinks about putting his name on Abuse Registry. Don't like it? Get it abolished, Georgie. :D
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

joeyllyon
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:07 pm

Postby joeyllyon » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 pm

I think there are flaws in everything - I worked for the police myself and it was my unlucky job to update, register, and track sex abusers - some were valid - and some were not. The case that always comes to my mind is the 18 year old who had sex with his 16 year old girlfriend. Her parents hated him, pursued charges, and BAM he is now a registered sex offender for the next ten years - never mind that he and the girl are now married with three children. This was a nice guy who got screwed by the system.

This system is even worse than the criminal system - and here is why:

I have experience in both police work, paralegal, and two years of law school - and this struck me as an amazing injustice.

The people who are generally targeted are usually (1) legally uneducated; (2) terrified of losing their children and therefore so compliant that it works to their detriment; and (3) not filthy rich. Most case workers (this came from a case worker himself) go into a case believing that they will walk in, take a few notes, pull the child, and get little to no resistance from the parent(s) because the parents are not rich enough to hire an attorney to defend them, and often times they dont even realize they have the right to. This system targets the uneducated (legally) and anyone who is middle class or lower - because, face it, even a middle class family cant afford to shell out 5 to 10k for an attorney TO GET STARTED on their case. Meanwhile the state funds their own attorneys - so most caseworkers think their job is gravy, and for a lot of them it is - not a lot of resistance, especially if they are targeting a minority family. Here is something that you guys may not be aware of - anyone who has a Native American background - there is a Congressional Act called the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978. Here is a link that will most easily explain it:
http://www.ptla.org/wabanaki/icwa.htm

It can be a very helpful tool if you can prove you have any tie or lineage to a Native American tribe - it often times renders CPS helpless and a real pain in the [email protected] for them.

I think that regardless of what safeguards may be put into place, someone, somewhere will find a way to twist it - and that is what the government has done with CPS. I look around and I see kids killing other kids in low income neighborhoods, 10 year olds carrying guns and selling drugs - and I get tagged because I allowed my 17 year old to go to her highschool prom with her 18 year old boyfriend without me being there - although nothing even happened during the prom!!

Its crazy what goes on in the name of "protecting," us.

User avatar
sob900
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:39 am

Postby sob900 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:21 pm

joeyllyon wrote:I think there are flaws in everything - I worked for the police myself and it was my unlucky job to update, register, and track sex abusers - some were valid - and some were not. The case that always comes to my mind is the 18 year old who had sex with his 16 year old girlfriend. Her parents hated him, pursued charges, and BAM he is now a registered sex offender for the next ten years - never mind that he and the girl are now married with three children. This was a nice guy who got screwed by the system.

This system is even worse than the criminal system - and here is why:

I have experience in both police work, paralegal, and two years of law school - and this struck me as an amazing injustice.

The people who are generally targeted are usually (1) legally uneducated; (2) terrified of losing their children and therefore so compliant that it works to their detriment; and (3) not filthy rich. Most case workers (this came from a case worker himself) go into a case believing that they will walk in, take a few notes, pull the child, and get little to no resistance from the parent(s) because the parents are not rich enough to hire an attorney to defend them, and often times they dont even realize they have the right to. This system targets the uneducated (legally) and anyone who is middle class or lower - because, face it, even a middle class family cant afford to shell out 5 to 10k for an attorney TO GET STARTED on their case. Meanwhile the state funds their own attorneys - so most caseworkers think their job is gravy, and for a lot of them it is - not a lot of resistance, especially if they are targeting a minority family. Here is something that you guys may not be aware of - anyone who has a Native American background - there is a Congressional Act called the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978. Here is a link that will most easily explain it:
http://www.ptla.org/wabanaki/icwa.htm

It can be a very helpful tool if you can prove you have any tie or lineage to a Native American tribe - it often times renders CPS helpless and a real pain in the [email protected] for them.

I think that regardless of what safeguards may be put into place, someone, somewhere will find a way to twist it - and that is what the government has done with CPS. I look around and I see kids killing other kids in low income neighborhoods, 10 year olds carrying guns and selling drugs - and I get tagged because I allowed my 17 year old to go to her highschool prom with her 18 year old boyfriend without me being there - although nothing even happened during the prom!!

Its crazy what goes on in the name of "protecting," us.
Now every one is seeng the ugly truth of the terrible things going on in this country "in the name of freedom", even the cops.
Dano
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin

User avatar
Frustrated
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:15 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:55 pm

I am 3/4 Indian, by Cherokee Indian Tribe, but I can't prove it, because I don't know where my Grandfather is. :roll: However, we never found him, altough I am still searching. Even my Mother looks Native American. These CPS People never put this into consideration or never asked! I mean look at my Mother, she was here as a Witness, and CPS talked to her, she looked Native!~ They never even bothered to ask her what tribe she was...or if she was registered or not...? We were never asked of those questions?

And get this: My partner is also 3/4 Indian and IS PROVEN, through his Grandfather, and our Daughter has Indian background in her blood, CPS NEVER ASKED! My Partner has proof of registry for the Indian Act...that is interesting! I always wondered WHY CPS don't even bother with this??

I would imagine if we were to tell them, "Oh by the way, we are Indians." That would be hilarious. :lol: Make them do some research BY THEMSELVES! Surely, we are not going to give up these information! All of these can be searchable in the Computer Data Base! All they have to do is to punch the name and last name and date of birth, and bingo bango. Done!

It is amazing they don't even bother with these information. I know that the CPS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER CHILDREN UNDER TRIBE< CHIEF NUMBER AND RESERVE LOCATION!~ I know Indian Children are more protected than any white and black babies, and that is the hard cold truth. They target poor income families, whites mostly, new borns to age 8, healthy and mostly Special Needs Children...etc...etc...they do target blacks in the poor areas too. I don't like CPS' Profiling on Families, it is just DISCRIMINATORY!
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

McKnights
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:24 am
Contact:

Names

Postby McKnights » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:22 am

i have a conversation between my fiance and the Foster Mother, that i would like to post, if i go through the entire conversation and change all names, would i be allowed to post it then?

User avatar
Greegor
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

Postby Greegor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:05 pm

Frustrated: Indian Child Welfare Act is a USA thing.
Do they have it in Canada where you are?

Iowa Nebraska and South Dakota (notice they come together)
got in trouble a year or so ago for FAILING to
hand over Native American children to the TRIBE
as they are supposed to.

Tribes tend to use actual judgement and don't
share the CPS interest in making bogus cases.
Kids have much better outcomes as a result.

This situation is politically VERY embarassing
for the Child Protection INDUSTRY at large.


McKnights:
Use stand in names and call it "redacted".

Like "Mom", "Foster" and "Child".

jubilee
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:15 am

Postby jubilee » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:00 am

Frustrated wrote:I am 3/4 Indian, by Cherokee Indian Tribe, but I can't prove it, because I don't know where my Grandfather is. :roll: However, we never found him, altough I am still searching. Even my Mother looks Native American. These CPS People never put this into consideration or never asked! I mean look at my Mother, she was here as a Witness, and CPS talked to her, she looked Native!~ They never even bothered to ask her what tribe she was...or if she was registered or not...? We were never asked of those questions?

And get this: My partner is also 3/4 Indian and IS PROVEN, through his Grandfather, and our Daughter has Indian background in her blood, CPS NEVER ASKED! My Partner has proof of registry for the Indian Act...that is interesting! I always wondered WHY CPS don't even bother with this??

I would imagine if we were to tell them, "Oh by the way, we are Indians." That would be hilarious. :lol: Make them do some research BY THEMSELVES! Surely, we are not going to give up these information! All of these can be searchable in the Computer Data Base! All they have to do is to punch the name and last name and date of birth, and bingo bango. Done!

It is amazing they don't even bother with these information. I know that the CPS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER CHILDREN UNDER TRIBE< CHIEF NUMBER AND RESERVE LOCATION!~ I know Indian Children are more protected than any white and black babies, and that is the hard cold truth. They target poor income families, whites mostly, new borns to age 8, healthy and mostly Special Needs Children...etc...etc...they do target blacks in the poor areas too. I don't like CPS' Profiling on Families, it is just DISCRIMINATORY!


Look for heritage information for your family at the Latter Day Saints web site. They collect and maintain data on families in America, and may have the info that you are looking for.
When you say 'I can't find my grandfather', does that mean that you physically can't find him, or find info on him?
I think looking there will be helpful to you.
Also, I know it's a stretch, but sometimes, if you have a unique name, you can simply google it.
I did so with one of my ancestors and from that I found my family history back to the late 1600's...the line came from that early ancestor all the way down to my great grandfather and was quite complete and included much American history.
Give it a shot, what can it hurt?
If you can find the info that your children are native then you may be able to contact the tribe who will contact DFS and take care of things for you...you likely won't even have to deal with DFS yourself on it.

Good Luck,

Betty

antichristJanRoberta
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:50 pm
Location: East Haven

Angry?

Postby antichristJanRoberta » Sun May 11, 2008 7:32 am

Of course men like Bob and myself are angry,we are accused of abusing a child and the only person who believes we are innocent is ourselves. I have been substantiated for sexual abuse of a 5 year old who bangs his head against the wall and has many other pschiatric problems. I am innocent my girlfriend knows I am innocent, we have about 10 pages of injustice and "errors" that the dcf has made,but still I am looked at by the general public as a worm a loser. I will never end my fight with the DCF of connecticut until the day I die. I have talked to the governer and had her call the DCF and they told her that they feel that if someone like me calls the governer is just scared of being charged in a criminal court and I am covering my tracks. The governers assistant emailed me back saying that she was very suspicous of the DCF from the day she stepped into office. So,I know the names of all the people who continue to help me and the people who know what is really going on and choose to do nothing in fear of losing there jobs. I do not condon using DCF "social workers"names on this site. But who cares we all know them anyway,so just abide by the rules or start a website were we can join together and protest on the steps of DCF. I am a former Marine a good man a god fearing man and this is the only time in my life where feel helpless, I cannot defend myself I must "trust" public defenders to take my case. So I choose to stay on this substantiated list because if I take it to court it will be a criminal court I believe. I simply do not trust anyone anymore concerning this matter. I am rambling on, Good luck to all of you who are innocent. Keep on fighting. Frank D.
The DCF of Norwich,Connecticut has found me guilty of sexual abuse from a 5 yr old. I am innocent and need all the help I can get.Seizure, coercion, hersay??

Socialworker
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Postby Socialworker » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm

The OP of this thread was very good advice for a few reasons.

1. No matter if you're guilty or not of what you are accused, threatening, encouraging, or even implying violence by posting names and addresses of those you feel are slighting you will not help your case. Not only will it make it look like you're guilty of what you're accused of, it will also make you more likely to look worse.

2. You will not seem sympathetic to anyone involved. *If* you are guilty of what you've been accused and done what is needed to get your children back, by doing this you are only supporting the notion that you have learned nothing by the ordeal.

3. It is bad for the forum. I know I'm a new member. As my screen name says, I am a licensed social worker. I hope that I can find families that really do need help because they are stuck in a loop that genuinely is broken in some way. I'm not saying I don't believe that there are some problems in the system, however if you truly want to try and fix it, posting such information will only make others think it's ok, thereby damaging your own goal.

4. It makes the person sound ignorant and petty. I know that you don't see your situation as petty, and it's not. However, the judicial system won't see it that way. They'll see it as a person who was caught and is being vindictive and will ignore your cause and your goal.

Marina
Moderator
Posts: 5496
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:06 pm

Postby Marina » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:26 am

.

Edited

.
Last edited by Marina on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Socialworker
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Postby Socialworker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:10 am

Ok, first of all, I wasn't hostile or attacking to anyone. Your own post sounds like 1 giant attack on me, when I don't even know you. If that's just a side effect of the internet I apologize, if not, I think you've severely mistaken my intent. As I said, I signed up to this forum so that I might be able to help the parents who are in the system by mistake, it has nothing to do with what I would do, unless you're asking a legitimate question about something.
Marina wrote:.



How would you, a social worker, propose that victim parents fight a perpetrator social worker who commits civil rights crimes under color of law?


Document everything. Record every conversation, take notes, photos, and make sure you have a good lawyer, get a referral, don't just pick one out of a phone book. If you have to use a court appointed one, learn your rights, and make sure you know what the laws are, including that you can tell a judge you don't feel you're being represented well.


Marina wrote:.
How would you, who works for a child welfare agency, propose that victim parents fight a perpetrator child welfare agency who commits civil rights crimes under color of law?

I didn't say that I worked in a child welfare agency, in fact I was very careful not to say what part of social welfare I do work in. For the simple fact that the content of this thread was about violence being threatened to people who are perceived to be the enemy, whether that is accurate or not.

Marina wrote:.
How would you, who files a civil lawsuit in court against parents, help parents who are the targets of civil lawsuits in court filed by workers and agencies who have committed felony perjury?

Civil lawsuits are meant to recoup damages, not to take children away, maybe you're talking about criminal charges and proceedings in family court? A social worker can't just decide to sue someone to take their children, there are far more people involved in that decision. Their boss, there are rules that dictate what must happen for a child to be removed. Yes, that is based on the case worker who has the case, and if that information is incorrect, then there is a problem.
Unfortunately, unless you document everything you may not have proof that the case worker lied under oath. If you do have documents you can submit them as evidence to the credibility of that case worker. However, if you don't have documentation (and most people wouldn't) you're caught in a "he said, she said" argument, and unfortunately that won't swing your way. I that case, you should get public records to see if there are anymore complaints about that case worker, you can use those as a evidence. You can also use friends, family, teachers, and other professionals as witnesses to the care of the child.


Marina wrote:.
How would you, as someone who separates children from their parents, help parents and children who are separated as a result of color of law civil rights crimes, felony perjury, and without court due process?

I just said that many social workers are now focusing on family preservation which is all about keeping the family together unless there are signs of sexual abuse or extreme physical abuse. I don't know where you got the impression that I said children should be taken from the home (unless there is severe physical/sexual abuse.) I would hope you would agree with that. Unfortunately, if there are case workers and social workers who are lying to achieve a separation they are wrong, and could/should lose their license.

Marina wrote:.
How would you feel if you, as a "caretaker" under child protection laws, were to be falsely accused and not guilty of something? What if the national news headlines read, "Fightcps forum Social Worker" accused of child neglect, abuse, or murder?"

Unfortunately that does happen. When children somehow get lost in the system and are killed by abusive caregivers they have been fired, and sometimes been charged in the death. Since they were responsible for the case, and they lost the child. Those are workers that IMO should be prosecuted, they created the problem by not following through or contacting a supervisor about the problems.
If you're asking what I would do if I were falsely accused of something, you should re-read my 1st comment about what to do if you've been falsely accused.


Marina wrote:.

What if the same policemen that you regularly work with, Officers _______ and ______ and _______ , falsely arrest you, as the result of a false allegation from an anonymous phone call, for the endangerment, neglect, abuse or murder of a foster child while the child is in your care, while you are facilitating a visitation for example?

See above statement.

Marina wrote:.

And what if they then remove your own children without a warrant on Friday afternoon on a holiday week-end, and put them in foster care, even though you have relatives who could take care of them?

Children can't just be removed without some sort of proceeding and a type of document. If that has happened, you should address that with your lawyer.


Marina wrote:And what if the supervisor that you regularly work with, Ms. _________ , puts you on leave without pay while your case is being investigated?

That is irrelevant. You wouldn't lose your job based on that, anymore than if I was a coffee barista. True, duties might change, but you wouldn't be fired, at least not until the findings are proven.

Marina wrote:.
And what if there is an inadequate investigation by the police Officer _______ and CPS investigator Mr. __________ who do not follow their own procedures, violating due process?

Again, since I am familiar with my rights, I would be pushing my rights as soon as this situation happened.

Marina wrote:.
And what if they present false evidence in a civil petition, and withhold favorable evidence at a court hearing a week later?

They legally can't hold evidence from you. If you find out they did, that is grounds for a mistrial. That is the case in ANY law proceedings. You must disclose your evidence to the defendant.

Marina wrote:.

And what if you are adjudicated guilty in Juvenile Court by Judge ________ under a plea-bargain at a preliminary hearing where your court-appointed lawyer Mr. _________ Esq. doesn't even let you be heard, doesn't let you present evidence, and doesn't let you have witnesses, thereby preventing any appeals?

1. If I wasn't guilty, I wouldn't plea. Simple as that. Doesn't matter what they told me, I wouldn't do it.
2. I've said if you don't feel your court appointed attorney is helping you can tell the judge that you don't feel you're being represented properly.

Marina wrote:.

What if you feel slighted by the police, your supervisor, your co-workers?

Sorry, but feeling and being are 2 different things. If there is a an actual slight, and not just "I feel like it was unfair" you can make complaints with the state board of the case worker.

Marina wrote:.

How would you feel if you tell people the names of the people that slighted you and then you are told that it would not help your case?

How would you feel if people tell you not to say anything because that would make you look guilty of what you are accused of, and can make you look worse?

Regardless of if you want to hear it, it's true. Does that mean you should not make reports? No, if you believe you have to, by all means do it. However, posting names in forums with no hard evidence, and asking for help with revenge is completely different. By that standard I could say that you stole my car, show no evidence, and just expect people to take my word for it.

Marina wrote:.

How would you feel if your protests of innocence do not seem sympathetic to anyone involved?

The sad truth is that the system is set up to protect the children, whether or not you like the way it's done doesn't matter. As such, there is a bias against accused caregivers. Until some changes are made, there's not much you can do about that aside from finding more witnesses.

Marina wrote:.

How would you feel if Juvenile Court adjudicates you guilty for murder, even though the criminal charges have been dropped or are pending?

Again, another legal question for a lawyer.

Marina wrote:.
What if you have a case plan and your caseworker, Ms. ___________, who is your former co-worker, will not facilitate or authorize services, or answer your phone calls?

I wouild call her supervisor and tell them you can't get through. Document your calls and record them if possible.

Marina wrote:.
What if this same caseworker denies you court-ordered visitation because you are not cooperating with services - counseling and drug testing, for example?

If that is what your agreement is, there is no way around it. You have to abide by that. If you don't there is no one to blame other than yourself. If you ARE completing those things, keep your own documents complete with signatures of those who do the drug testing, counseling, and other services.

Marina wrote:.

And what if you find it hard to look for a new job, go to counseling twice a week, visit the kids in foster care twice a week, check in with your probation officer twice a week, and go to court with your parents who are trying to get temporary custody?

That is unfortunate, however if that is the agreement you made, you need to stick to it. Maybe talking with a free agency that will network and find you a job interview. They'll do everything but hire you, and since you sign up with them, at least it is progress in their eyes.


Marina wrote:.
And what if the dishes and laundry don't get done because of all of this, the utilities get cut off, you lose your car, and you can't pay the mortgage because of all of this, and your former co-worker and caseworker, Ms. _____________ puts all this in the Foster Care Review court papers?

Well, honestly in that case, would you want your children to live in a home with no utilities? I'm not saying give up, I'm saying if things are that bad you might need to ask friends for help cleaning, go to private agencies for aid (like catholic charities) with utility bills, take alternating shifts with your spouse temporarily until your laundry and dishes are caught up.

Marina wrote:.
And what if your therapist, Ms. _________, whose is payment is authorized by the ___________Dept of Social Services, testifies in court that you are a basket case and needs medication, which the Judge _________ orders you to take, even though it makes you sick and suicidal?

I would be documenting those sessions so I could show the judge that you were willing to take the meds until you became sick and/or suicidal. Don't ask that the therapist be thrown out the window, but ask for another one who will help you find the meds they think you need if they insist on it.

Marina wrote:.

And what if you can't always get a ride to visitation, and counseling and to check in with your probation officer, and you get picked up for a PO violation and your parents have to bail you out of jail, and you can't visit your children because you missed your counseling?

You're asking a lot of questions that all amount to some serious issues. What if I can't pay my bills, and I'm accused of abuse, and I can't get a ride, and I get a PO violation. The problem here is that why are you violating PO? Is it because you missed a meeting with your officer? If so, that's a little different than "I had a PO violation" which could mean you knocked over a liqour store. If it's because of transportation, many cities offer free/reduced bus services to those in need. Many private agencies will give free bus passes to people who need it.


Marina wrote:.
And what if your parents can't get custody of your children because they are drained financially and now you are living with them, so the children can't be there also because they are still under a protective order?

Move in with a friend so the children can live with grandparents. Even if that means sleeping on a floor. As far as finances, that's a different problem, there are private agencies that can help with that.

Marina wrote:.
And what if your parental rights are terminated in ___________ Juvenile Court in yourtown, yourstate, USA even though you have completed all the services, you have financial stability, etc, and you lose your appeal, and your children are adopted separately by different families clear across the country?

And what if you are later found innocent in criminal court, but it still doesn't do any good because you are still guilty of a preponderance of evidence in juvenile court, even after an administrative and court appeal, all denied by former co-workers, hearing officers, the state's attorney and the judge that you know?

These are system problems that do need work, a good lawyer, and a change in policy.


Marina wrote:.
And what if you can never work in social work again, even though you went to college for this, and you can never even work with children again because your name is on the child abuse registry in this state: _______ , and you have an arrest record even though you were not convicted?

That wouldn't happen, as it might happen you won't be able to work with kids, but it doesn't negate your degree.

Marina wrote:.
What if your marriage is destroyed, you remarry, move to another state, find out you are pregnant, have night terrors about losing another child, and have to ask total strangers if you should have an abortion because of the state you live in?

1. States don't share info. You don't move across statelines and your record follows. Sure, it's on your personal record, but you're not in the CPS system at that point. I highly doubt that if you were wrongly accused once it would happen again. I agree it can be a fear, but you can seek help on ways to handle the fear.

Marina wrote:.
And what if you name the people who maliciously and illegally did all of this to you and destroyed your life, and are told that your anger supports the notion that you have learned nothing by the ordeal?

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

.


Whether you want to believe it or not, that is how people will look at it. Does that make it right? No. However, what I said wasn't that naming names would make people say that, I said that naming names on an internet forum looking for help with revenge would. Following proper and legal channels are acceptable, posting stuff on an internet forum isn't.


Edited because I had more to say.

User avatar
good dad
Site Admin
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:11 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby good dad » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi socialworker

I'm wondering if I can pick your brain for alittle info..

I know socialworkers are guided by a "Code of Ethics" and it is written that CPS workers must follow them also.

http://www.naswdc.org/pubs/code/code.asp

Who would you file a complaint with over violations and what would they actually do, are complaints takin' serious?

Thanks in advance. :)

As I said, I signed up to this forum so that I might be able to help the parents who are in the system by mistake


Welcome aboard :wink:
*********************
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
*********************
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Hello Social Worker-
I appreciate you coming to this board to, as you say, assist those unfairly caught up in the "system".
I have a few questions too, mostly about the investigation and case plan processes.
When a social worker makes the first visit following up on a complaint -is it procedure to alert the parents to their Constitutional rights, that is, their right to refuse entry to you unless you have a warrant or a court order?
Additionally, are parents advised that "case plans" are voluntary?

Thank you .

Socialworker
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Postby Socialworker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:34 pm

good dad wrote:Hi socialworker

I'm wondering if I can pick your brain for alittle info..

I know socialworkers are guided by a "Code of Ethics" and it is written that CPS workers must follow them also.

http://www.naswdc.org/pubs/code/code.asp

Who would you file a complaint with over violations and what would they actually do, are complaints takin' serious?

Thanks in advance. :)

As I said, I signed up to this forum so that I might be able to help the parents who are in the system by mistake


Welcome aboard :wink:



That depends. Not all states require that CPS workers must be licensed social workers. There is a difference between a case manager who calls themselves a social worker and an actual licensed social worker. Only a licensed social worker is bound by those ethics to the point where there are consequences that could effect their licensing. If an agency requires their workers to abide by those ethics that is an agency decision, and those consequences would be on them.

If you have a problem with a licensed social worker, you can contact the licensing board in your state and file a complaint, along with any evidence you have. Be advised that they will want to see any documentation you have, and in most cases are very helpful if you have evidence of a problem, but you might not get what you're looking for if you don't have some sort of evidence. You can also call them and let them know if your case worker isn't a social worker, they may be able to tell you exactly who to call in that case if they can't help you. I don't know what state you are looking for, but if you google "social worker" "licensing board" and your state, you should be able to find it easily.

Socialworker
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Postby Socialworker » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:41 pm

MaggieC wrote:Hello Social Worker-
I appreciate you coming to this board to, as you say, assist those unfairly caught up in the "system".
I have a few questions too, mostly about the investigation and case plan processes.
When a social worker makes the first visit following up on a complaint -is it procedure to alert the parents to their Constitutional rights, that is, their right to refuse entry to you unless you have a warrant or a court order?
Additionally, are parents advised that "case plans" are voluntary?

Thank you .


The way the system is set up, it's to protect the child. Whether or not you agree with the way that's done. That means that they don't necessarily have to give you any information that isn't mandated by law, like "We're seizing the child for this reason."

When you are given a case worker/social worker for your case that is when they should start giving you the info on what the parent needs to do to regain custody, again, this person's sole goal is the child's benefit. So they might not tell you what items you can refuse. There are some places that will assign a case worker for the parents who will guide the parents in their rights, but I've very rarely heard of that. You should as soon as something happens call and speak with a lawyer in your area to find out your rights. If you contact a local law school many have "free law advice" lines that can help you get a quick run down and advise you to find a lawyer.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Wow, some social workers aren't licensed? I didn't realize that.
You gave good advice about contacting the individual state's licensing entity should the social worker in question be licensed.

It is my understanding, actually, it is upon my knowledge and belief that each state's Inspector General oversees all state workers' actions.

So, I guess the process to file a complaint would be two-fold in a some cases, i.e. if the social worker is actually licensed, then complain to the state's licensing entity and to the Inspector General.

If the social worker is unlicensed (how many are unlicensed, do you suppose?) then just complain to the Inspector General.

Thanks for clearing this up.


Return to “CPS Investigations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests