Did everything judge said. Cps didn't give me my kid back

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Ashmj

Did everything judge said. Cps didn't give me my kid back

Postby Ashmj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Ok so my son got taken away because of domestic violence. I did everything the judge said, and in court the cps people tried to say that I didn't do any of it. So I proved it. The only thing left was for dad to get served the protective order. He got arrested at court but for some reason he didn't get served. So I did everything I could and got him served the next day ( Friday) and about 230 pm. I kept calling my case worker ( who I def want to get changed) and since she got off work at 330 she didn't really care apparently

my case worker has been rude and working with the other part of the family but not me! She seems to be there for the check
Btw

Now it's the weekend and I still don't have my kid! Everything the judge said to do was done at a reasonable time on Friday and still no kid!!!

What should I do? What can I do?

family_man

Re: Did everything judge said. Cps didn't give me my kid bac

Postby family_man » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:57 pm

The answer depends on how long your child has been taken from you.

Apparently CPS was given temporary custody, correct? Or do you still have custody? Where was your child during all this? Was he placed in a shelter, a foster home, or with a family member?

Once CPS assumes custody, it usually takes about a year for them to allow your children to move back in with you. However, if you're just under a voluntary or court-ordered safety plan, still retaining custody, it could go a lot quicker.

Do you have an attorney. What does he say to do?
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

lucillebate2710

Postby lucillebate2710 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm done my parenting class and my child still foster care and on the detention hearing the minute order to dcfs is within one week to evaluate my relatives for placement of my child .they did live scan ( twice) & its over seven months they haven't started to evaluate or assist the place of my relatives but according to their CSW court report that they doing what the courts in order for dcfs even family maintenance services that I never receives?please tell me what to do? I'm very confused ?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu May 28, 2015 9:10 pm

lucillebate2710 wrote:I'm done my parenting class and my child still foster care and on the detention hearing the minute order to dcfs is within one week to evaluate my relatives for placement of my child .they did live scan ( twice) & its over seven months they haven't started to evaluate or assist the place of my relatives but according to their CSW court report that they doing what the courts in order for dcfs even family maintenance services that I never receives?please tell me what to do? I'm very confused ?

Yes, you do sound confused, but don't feel alone in that. I think most people going through a CPS case are confused because we've never done it before and don't understand most of what's going on.

If the caseworkers haven't placed your child with your family in seven months, it seems like they are not really interested in doing so. Your relatives need to pursue this. They have kinship care rights. If the caseworker thinks they're on your side, they are less likely to get the child... so they should be pursuing kinship care without your help. The caseworkers prefer to place children with people who aren't likely to let the parents have extra unapproved visits.

Family maintenance services don't start until the child is returned home. Then you should be transferred to a family maintenance worker who will make regular unscheduled visits to your home to check on the well being of your child.

If you have any other questions please let us know.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Juvenile Court”