Representing Parents in CPS cases

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

good dad
Site Admin

Representing Parents in CPS cases

Postby good dad » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:50 am

This is a guide by the American Bar Association written as a basic introduction for attorneys representing parents in CPS cases. It shows why some lawyers handle a case the way they do.

The info can be used, to a degree, to "watch over" your lawyer, you'll see what he's suppose to do.

http://www.abanet.org/child/rclji/RepresentParents.pdf
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

donni34

co- guardianship or permanent guardianship?

Postby donni34 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:22 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but, my friend was given the option to give her mother permanent guardianship over her daughter. Their reason for offering this is to end the states involement in the case. They said that permanent guardianship wouldnt take the mothers rights away, but rather left the grandmother in charge of the outcome. Meaning, when she got her in life in order that the grandmother could give her child back. Is this true? Would co-guardianship serve better? Which would still allow the mother to raise her child and to have her child live with her just with the grandmother helping/acting as the other parent?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:40 pm

Is this cps saying this or is the court saying it?
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

donni34

Postby donni34 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Cps is saying this. Asked her to give her mother permanent guardianship over her daughter. Their reason was because the family had suffered so long.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 pm

What's the "out of order" in the mother's life?

Why aren't the CPS attack dogs going after it per usual?

Harlan Carroll

Postby Harlan Carroll » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:39 pm

Best PDF I've read in awhile. I read the first half. Very good read for any parent who currently has a lawyer. Don't just think about reading it. Read it. Make sure your lawyer does his/her own investigations and supeonas the right people. So on and so forth.

This thread should be stickied somewhere.

donni34

Postby donni34 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:11 am

Well, there is nothing "out of order" in her life. They have nothing on her, but her trying to finish her therapy. She couldn't afford or get rides to therapy so a lot of appointments to her therapy were canceled. They are holding that over her head.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:36 pm

What did they use to force her into therapy in the first place?

brooke2780

Re: Representing Parents in CPS cases

Postby brooke2780 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:07 pm

hey i go to court and they want someone help me raise my kids because im special diablity say i can not do it d k but have done it for 15 yrs til they took my kids in sept now there with the partinal grandmother so want my kids home with my mom she my birth is very specialized

Marina

Re: Representing Parents in CPS cases

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Your Mom can file a petition directly with the Juvenile Court for custody.

Who currently has "legal" custody of the children? You, your in-laws, or Child Welfare?

If you don't know, call the juvenile court and ask them. Have you been to court?

Return to “Juvenile Court”