Shared Parenting, cps says it dont matter

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

gbrown1706

Shared Parenting, cps says it dont matter

Postby gbrown1706 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 pm

my 9 year old son Tyler lives with his mom in brown county ohio. I get him every weekend and any time there is no school. I have court orderd shared parenting. I am married and have two daughters 2&3 years old and two step daughters. I own my home work hard we have a good life. My ex. dropped tyler off at my house one friday and got in a crash with her 9 month old son in the car that same day. She was on pain pills, and two other drugs they found in here system. CPS took her baby on the spot. I took tyler to his moms that Sunday for school monday. Her sister was there to get Tyler from me and said his mom would be back later. I felt something was wrong, but left him anyway. That Tuesday CPS called me and said they have Custody of Tyler. I had no idea what was going on until CPS told me. I was Summons to Court for child neglect because we have shared parenting. They done a drug test and background check, and sent Tyler home with me. I live in Scioto county Ohio. They came out did home study three different people have been to my house. We past with fliing colors. Tyler has his own room and a good home here. Now CPS treats me like a foster home until his mom gets done with drug addict and parenting classes. CPS said this has nothing to do with me and they are not going to give me costudy. They are going to put him back with his mom if she does what they say. I have court dates to defend myself for something I had no control of, there not willing to give me my son, and CPS told me this has nothing to do with me. I have a court appointed lawyer that said i have no chance of getting costudy. It sounds like BS to me. I told CPS how i felt. IT wasn't pretty. I need feed back please.

Marina

Re: Shared Parenting, cps says it dont matter

Postby Marina » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:11 pm

CPS is not supposed to over-ride a court-ordered custody arrangement.

When this was done in the case of Ariana Payne, she died and Arizona has gone through all this stuff and they made it clear that Child Welfare cannot disregard an existing custody order.

Since you already HAVE custody, they have to take you to court to take that custody away. They have to prove you are unfit. They have to build a case against you, give you Services, etc.

Go to your state gov. site and search for child custody, shared custody, full custody, legal custody, physical custody, joint legal custody, custody hearing, etc. and find out all your rights.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 pm

CPS 'claims' that they dont get involved in custody issues between parents. However, why not hire a lawyer and go after full legal and physical custody. I would say that CPS 'removing' your son is more than enough evidence as proving that she is unfit.

Several years back, I had a friend I was stationed with in the Navy. His exwife got caught dealing/manu meth with his son in the home. She got locked up for 4 years. The son was sent to live with his father as a temp situation. He had to give the boy back as soon as she was released. He never tried to go after full custody. (however this was in WA state and over 15 years ago, and they favored the mother like no tomorrow there).

Stay strong!

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Momoffor wrote:I would say that CPS 'removing' your son is more than enough evidence as proving that she is unfit.

Stay strong!

There are a lot of people here who have had their children removed by CPS and yet aren't unfit at all. Just because that happens doesn't automatically mean the parents were guilty.

My own children haven't been removed, but I am being investigated and they were ALMOST removed. I've encountered people who assume I did something bad to my child just because I was investigated, but I haven't. There is such a stigma against CPS involvement because many people don't know how corrupt the system truly is. And a social worker had the nerve to tell me that if it were up to her, she would have taken my son from me...she apparently wanted to take my son that day and her supervisor decided to let him stay, thank GOD. I had done nothing wrong and they were in the process of trying to find a home for him when the supervisor intervened...I was innocent and yet almost lost my son. :( Sorry, just my vent. :(

CPS was probably right to remove this particular child from his mother and shouldn't have violated his father's custody agreement. OP, I would consult a good attorney if I were you. You may have a chance to get custody of your son. It's at least worth a shot.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Return to “Juvenile Court”