What happens?

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Yvette

What happens?

Postby Yvette » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:01 pm

On June 2nd of this year there was a court hearing that I was not informed about until June 5th. I got the final descision in the mail by the court. Can I get in trouble even though I was not informed & did not go? It was about keeping my daughter in foster care longer & then placement into assisted living. I am upset, cause I do not believe she needs assisted living at all.

Marina

Re: What happens?

Postby Marina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 am

Where is your court-appointed attorney?

You are required under federal law to receive legal notice of hearings.

Does your disability prevent you from driving? If so, you may be entitled to transportation to the hearings. Do you have a Disability advocate?

Yvette

Postby Yvette » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:56 am

I do drive.
I never hag one. I was recently advise to go through legal aide, but they said they do not handle any of these types of cases.
Disability advocate? What are they? How do I get one? My Boy Friend has been suggesting I get one for a long time now.
He wanted to be my advocate, but I don't think that he would be a wise choice.

lonelyangel

Postby lonelyangel » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Marina wrote:.

Where is your court-appointed attorney?

You are required under federal law to receive legal notice of hearings.

Does your disability prevent you from driving? If so, you may be entitled to transportation to the hearings. Do you have a Disability advocate?

Please do not take this the wrong way but a court appointed attorney in regards to Children and Youth cases works for Children and Youth and do not have anyone but their selves best interest in mind to line their pockets for cases Children and Youth sends their way.I went through that little scenario and his first concern was for me to cooperate with Children and Youth which was the biggest mistake of my life.You are right however that you are required under federal law to receive legal notices of hearings however you are also entitled to get copies of your files and be told what you are being accused of by Children and Youth and that does not happen either.All Children and Youth has to say is it was sent out and everyone takes their word for it.They told the master in my case they served me with a warrant to remove my daughter but guess what the first look I got of any paperwork to remove my daughter was in the hearing room and when I called the caseworker a liar I was told to shut up.Well anyone with a brain would have concluded that if the caseworker was handing me the paperwork in the hearing I never received it to begin with or she would not have had to give it to me in the hearing.I would have had a copy with me when I entered the hearing.

KDus

Postby KDus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:23 pm

I got paperwork in the mail AFTER 2 hearings.
At the next hearing, I asked the judge if process service applies to all parties or only me?
She made all parties indicate that they did or did not have the documents and made HSA provide them.
The latest report was in my mailbox when I got home from the 3rd hearing.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 pm

If you don't have time to respond in writing to the social worker's report (with "Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker) ... I'd make an ISSUE of that in court and ask for a continuance.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Juvenile Court”