Partial victories today (abuse of sibling)

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

KDus

Partial victories today (abuse of sibling)

Postby KDus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Today, I got "abuse of sibling" removed from the petition, so I only face "failure to protect".

HSA did it on their own, which suggests they didn't want the judge to rule on it. I have a theory on that but will post it after I get feedback from an attorney.This was a response to a demurrer that I filed. I made the claim that the child, a cousin, was not a sibling even though my wife had guardianship and he lived in our home. I thought it was a long shot-hail Mary but it worked.
CPS is really pissed. We face a new round of lies.
My wife's appointed attorney has filed nothing in 2 months.
They begged the judge to force us to disclose the location of our new baby. The judge couldn't do anything because they didn't have a name, birth-date, or residence.

Lessons learned: A. try every legal approach and see what sticks, B. you might be better off without an attorney.

KDus

Re: Partial victories today (abuse of sibling)

Postby KDus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:05 pm

3 cops and 2 cps workers just came with a search warrant to look for the baby. Bunch of cops were outside, too.
They refused to let me call an attorney until they were done.
No baby. We remained silent, mostly. Gave them nothing. Before I answered the door, I hit record on a video camera and it was running the whole time.

KDus

Postby KDus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Workers sat across the street from my house most of the day, yesterday. They came to the door once, and then just sat in their car; watching.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 am

wow.

They're really riled. :shock:
Consider mounting a camera in your car's rear window. If they start following you everywhere, send your SW and supervisor a copy of the video, keep one in your own records and... facebook! muahahaha (subject to state recording laws, of course)

If it's a bad idea, let me know. I'll file it away in my list of ideas to not use. :P
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:04 am

What would be hilarious is if there's some sort of a birthday service that can throw random parties on a whim. If not, you could get some friends together. As your dear social workers are scoping your place, video a group of people delivering a big cake or cupcakes, empty boxes wrapped in sparkly girly paper and ribbons, loud horns and other noisemaking party stuff, spraying confetti, dancing and singing some stupid rendition of "Happy Birthday." Have this scene go on for about 5-10 minutes, repeating every hour or so for as long as they're there. Make sure you check noise ordinances. Oh, and make sure you have the money. It shouldn't cost much if done right.
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm

KDus, I am behind on reading the messages here... so sorry! I just read this today and now am wondering what else has happened. I hope you are all okay.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Juvenile Court”