Kinship Placement

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Jala1only

Kinship Placement

Postby Jala1only » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 am

Could you please provide a link for "Kinship Placement" for Texas (Houston)?

While waiting for my case to be heard, I often hear the caseworker say that a particular person was not eligible for "Kinship Placement" because they had CPS "history." What would make a relative ineligible for kinship placement, as it relates to past contact with CPS?
Concerned Grandmother

monkette31

Re: Kinship Placement

Postby monkette31 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Anyone that has ever had a "referral", (when someone calls cps on you), even if BOGUS, that person is registered with the national Child Abuse Abuse Registry. Their name will be on a list, so when a cps worker looks you up 20-30 years later and sees you on the registry, you are automatically unable to be considered a placement for children. This happens all the time and I've heard it happens often. Even grandparents are not allowed to have their own grandchildren in their home, because of a bogus call from 25 years ago.

There is a lot of information on this site about the child abuse registry index. It is almost impossible to get off the list once you're on it. Many states have no procedure to get you off the list, even if you have been investigated and the allegations were proved false.

Just search child abuse registry in the search box above, you will find a lot of info on it.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Jala1only

Postby Jala1only » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 pm

monkette31 wrote:Anyone that has ever had a "referral", (when someone calls cps on you), even if BOGUS, that person is registered with the national Child Abuse Abuse Registry. Their name will be on a list, so when a cps worker looks you up 20-30 years later and sees you on the registry, you are automatically unable to be considered a placement for children. This happens all the time and I've heard it happens often. Even grandparents are not allowed to have their own grandchildren in their home, because of a bogus call from 25 years ago.

There is a lot of information on this site about the child abuse registry index. It is almost impossible to get off the list once you're on it. Many states have no procedure to get you off the list, even if you have been investigated and the allegations were proved false.

Just search child abuse registry in the search box above, you will find a lot of info on it.

@ MONKETTE31,

I'm glad you mentioned the child abuse registry and the "list." It brings up 2 interesting points.
1). In Illinois (where I currently live), when an abuse report is made and later UNFOUNDED by CPS, a letter is sent to you. Basically, your name does NOT go on the "list." Whereas, in Texas (where grandchildren live), they do keep your name on the "list" forever.
2). If you are in the "Child Abuse Registry" regardless of whether it was a false report, then why does CPS place children anyway, with people in the registry?
(In my case my granddaughter was place with a "Fictive Kin", but in CPS original petition, they asserted that the person was a "relative." This person is definetly in the registry, as this lady has a 5 yr. old daughter, whom the paternal grandmother had been raising and had custody of for the first 4 years of the child's life).
***Is it at the descretion of CPS with whom they place children, if the adult is on the registry?
Concerned Grandmother

melberry

Postby melberry » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:21 pm

how do i go about trying to get kinship placement for my neices and nephews they are in foster care i would like to have them but cps is giving us the run around also my 2 year old neice has been hurt while in foster care has bruises on her face i have pictures foster parents claim she was beat up at chuck e cheese social worker doesnt care says foster parents cant be with the kids all the time what can i do we live in louisiana they are in foster care in livingston parish what can i do to help these kids please does anybody know what i can do

susansnapp

Postby susansnapp » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:29 am

i have had 4 grand kids one for 11 years and 3 for 4 years will it is big story then i got 3 more of my grand kids so i had 7 of them the last 3 i got i had for a year will social workers was called on me they lie so much will we went to court and they removed them the kids but they left them in my house for a week be for they tock them and the four i had had for years they put them right back in my house in 3 weeks dut the workers stop my kenchip check and now i am haveing a hard time getting it back when we went to court we was told to not say any thing my lawyer talked the whole time we went to court 3 times they got me with neglet but they said i let the kids go with there moms but i did not they did not prove any thing they came here for they said i was nelegt and that was over i want to appel it but i cant i dont have any money to get a lawyer i need help and dont know to get a lawyer to take it back to court i am 52 years old and never had a charge on me and i rasied 9 kids of mine own i have had them back 4 mounts now and no way to buy any thing for them so if any body can help i need it

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”