Grandmother here

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

grandmatotwingles

Grandmother here

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 am

3 of grandchildren were removed from my daughters home. The alligations are 1) her water was shut off 2) mis use of perscription medicine 3) domestic violence

Water is on, she passed the drug test as only having in system what is prescribed and the domestic violence was dropped by the procicuter (sp?) Her and her husband got into a verbal argument. In Michigan if the police is called someone HAS to go to jail so he went. I am by no means making excuses for my daughter here.

CPS placed the boys in foster care even though I have power of attorney over the boys.

I had a visit with 2 of the boys last week. The rules are NO crying or the visit is stopped or suspended. One of the boys (they're 8) sat on my lap put his little head in my chest and just started crying wanting to know why he can't go to my house. The other boy also started crying and well... I had tears running down my face. I held them told them everything would be ok. Isn't that what a grandma is supposed to do? After the boys left the foster care worker pointed her finger in my daughters face and said "You have been told the rules of no crying" She also told my daughter to stop calling her lawyer and saying things. Then, get this, she told my daughter "Don't you be going into court and telling the judge I am not doing my job. Don't make me look bad. I work for you, my job is to reunite you with your children. I can be your best friend or your worst ememy" Seriously... I was standing right there!

Court yesterday when the lawyer asked the judge to place the boys with me the Foster care worker abjected and said "it is not in the best interest of the boys to go with their Grandma due to her not being in control of her emotions. She cannot control her emotions of the emotions of the boys" (Stephanie Moore St. Clair county foster care worker) Then the CPS lady added "we don't feel the Grandmother will keep the boys from thier mother and will give the mother free reign" (Akilah Edmondton, CPS worker St. Clair county Mi)

the judge ordered a home study at my house anyway but would not let the boys come here as of yesterday. I am married to their bio grandfather 30 years. Neither my husband or I have any criminal history. NOTHING. No drug charges, no alcohol charges (we don't drink or do drugs) He works, I stay home. We are capable of finacially supporting the boys without state help.

The foster care worker told the judge she was at my house twice and we missed each other both times. She was here once and my husband was home. She called me from the driveway. I told her to ring the door bell he's home.. she refused and left.

I don't know what to do. I just want the boys here till this mess is all straitened out. Any advice? It seems no matter what I do I'm wrong. We are in FEAR of these people.

grandmatotwingles

Re: Grandmother here

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:19 am

I also want to add the boys are split up. The twins are in Macomb County and the baby (19mo) is in St. Clair County Mi

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:48 am

All I can suggest is a good lawyer! Also, plenty of evidence in your favor! Take photos of your home, of the beds you have prepared for the children, toys, playground equipment if you have it, etc.

Write a declaration explaining the circumstance about the caseworker driving away from the house rather than going in to complete the home study. Then take it back to court and show the judge that you have a loving home waiting for the children and that the caseworker isn't doing her job.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 pm

The foster care worker came here. She place the older boys with their bio dad (the boys are sooo not safe there) I told her that. Didn't matter. The baby was supposed to come here today but nope. Now they have to come back out Monday and tell me what I have to have for him. I only asked her like 25 times, she said I had everything, but now I need another meeting for her to tell me what I need huh? Then we have to have a meeting next Friday and hopefully he'll be coming with us home. OMG I seriously have to kiss this womans ass. I can't dissagree with a dam thing she says and personally I think she's is unorganized and dumber than a box of rock. She's lucky I am not standing in judgment of her and her kids cuz I'd find her to dumb to raise kids.

I'm thinking my daughter is not going to get the boys back. If so it's going to be a very long time. The stuff they have her doing is full time, plus she has to find full time employment. There is no way she can have the kids and do all the running they demand. I don't know... I'm disgusted. Being a good law abiding person and NEVER getting in any trouble sure hasn't paid of for us.

What they have done to these boys is tramatic. I don't know if they'll ever recover. Just breaks my heart.

pondish60

Postby pondish60 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Dear Grandmother ,
I Now find myself in the very same situation, The agencies Creed and moto and policies does nothing to represent it self in any mannor,
The heart ache and anquish that these agencies are allowed to inflict on families and children trying to do the right thing by their children or grandchildren is horrendous to say the least. It boils down to what the feel is right and they forget the emotional trauma that they are causing to these and their future welfare.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”