Kinship

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pondish60

Kinship

Postby pondish60 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

My daughter has become a known drug addict in my area Has made some pretty bad decisions concerning her life and the people she has chosen to be with, she was brutially beat by her x boyfirend 1-6-12, The following evening the story aired on a local Tv station, when in minutes,I was en- route to get my two twin granddaughters, I called my daughter, at that point Children & youth had already gone to her safe house and taken the girls and placed them in foster care ,I had pleaded for them not to take them I was en-route to get them literally 15 mins, away, I was told to report to the office the next morn and did so by 9 am. well that was three weeks ago, Since then I have called C&Y every day to find out where my granddaughters are, along with the long list of excuses and classes , FBI checks and someone supposed to be coming to my apt,To check my validity, NOT ONE PERSON has called or come to my home to evaluate me,I have been enstranged from my daughter who is 26 because of her life style and people she continues to hang around with, I am a single 51 yr old grandmother who wants her Granddaughters, Yes I have a one room apt,which be turned into a nursery immediately until I get a bigger apt,and the youngest twin does have medical issues However that is not to say that I am not qualified to take care of them , I have been a lab tech for 23 yrs and worked in hospital settings and doctors offices throughout my whole life, I will not paint a perfect picture no one can, I have never abused either of my children I have never abused alcohol or substances,Seems that the state of Pa has No real laws concerning grandparents, I have tried lawyer after lawyer Noone will take the case, No lawyer wants to jump counties, The corruption in my county is insurmountable, Seems C&Y targets under educated, poor females and poor families, what I do know at this point is that my granddaughters are in foster care and they should NOT be, I am not rich nor am I polictically connected , My quest is now becoming a nightmare to get my two twins back into my family, I feel it and can definately see these girls slipping through the crack of foster care, We all know or at least I hope someone knows that children placed in foster care DO NOT have quality care and problems later on in life, I need a devine intervention here and I rely on my faith and GOD whole heartedly but its not happening, The amount of stress that C&Y has caused is unbearable,and the daily excuses that I receive are even more frighting its wrong!! My two beautiful granddaughters as well as any other child they have in their custody are nothing more than a dollar signs to keep these agencies funded.

Beatthescammers

Re: Kinship

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 am

Keep checking back on this site for others to share their knowledge.

Take some time to think about reconciling with your daughter. It is unknown if this could affect your granddaughter's placement in long-term foster care or even adoption. Others on this site will have more information on this subject than me.

Make appointments and politely speak with individuals that are county commissioners. Beg them to help you. They control the purse strings and hire the CPS director. Take anything/anyone that might help you like a powerful community leader, a hospital director that you know, your pastor, and etc.... County commissioners make a LOT of money and want to be re-elected. Go to the next county commissioner meeting and sit in the front row. There will likely only be a few other people at this meeting, so you will be seen.

Make appointments and go speak with the state representatives from your area (who also want to be elected and can cause issues for county commissioners).

Don't give up! Keep politely calling the CPS office. Do you know anyone who works at the CPS office or anyone who has a relative employed at that office? Call them! Leave polite messages on the CPS worker’s phone stating:

Pennsylvania enacted the Resource Family and Adoption Process Act which includes provisions requiring resource parent families (including kin) to be treated equitably during the foster and adoptive process. Politely tell her that you KNOW she will be fair about considering you and you await her immediate telephone call telling you when CPS is going to arrive to make an assessment of your home.
http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/hum ... sl346.aspx

Spread your story throughout your area and employment. Someone you know may have an inside connection at the always corrupt CPS office.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”