Grievieing Grandma!

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Liza

Grievieing Grandma!

Postby Liza » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 pm

*** Duplicate post... see active thread here: http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=11995 ***

Here is my story .I became a grandma at 35. My daughter got pregaant @ 16. She had been in therapy since the age of 6. I had moments that I thought my daughter was not getting better from therapy. Her therapist said give it a chance and the growth will come and she will get better . I wanted to show some stablity to this therpaist and trust and keep the same one . So I did not switch and intrusted her .

My daughter had some issues . Devolpmentally delayed . Iq of 65 maybe a little lower . But abouts there . Me and my daughter prepaired for her child to come home . Had everything I mean everything he needed. Two in one crib , diaper Jenaie, stocked up on diapers and ect etc etc etc etc etc etc . The therapist at some point had some concerns about my daughter be able to raiise this child . And my abilty to help her rasie this child . I am mentally ill myself with bi -polor deperession . (THIS HAS NEVER ever impaired my judement or ablity to raise her ).
The therpist yes made that call to DCFS.

Now DCFS is notified ok . So they no they no my daughters pre dispostions and conditions . So she is still pregant at this time now . They set up parenting classes, that she took . And many other servces she was set up with . EVEN after she was going to have him .

The big day comes . My daughter delived a handsome boy . Healthy, drug free baby boy . After he was born he had some trouble breathing so they took him to ISU for oberservation . He was fine and breathing on his own . BUT BUT was still kept in ISU. Well hmmmm right? He was circumsized . I had a son several years ago I lost to hemopllia after he was circumsized . So as a grandmother and with our family history I nthought this was ONLY i pre caution . After the 3 day they finally released my daughter anbd we were told that my grandson was being taken into protective custody . I told DCFS he had made a mistake and we already were recieving asstaince from the department and he was coming home. He informed me that he was NOT coming home and that he nwas in protective custudy .

The tears of secirtity by me and my daugghter were not justified . It was as if we had done some thing and NEVER ever my daughter never EVER even had him in the room with he at all . WOW!!! Really ! My daughter screaming MOM MOM MY son . AS security waS BEHIND US AS DCFS wisked him away . For NO REASON!

Here me and my daughter went back home without her son . Empty crib, to look at . A home filled with things to welcome him into the world but he ONLY was not there .

That Next monday we went to court and of course he remained in the custudy . Service plans were put into place for return home within a year. My daughter struggled with this but completetd her service plans even . Ok the plan still was return home within a year .

The care they gave my grandson was a disgarce . HOW CAN THEY DO THIS? The amount of homes they kept moving him to sure was NOT stablity . I appealed this decsion. That decsion and so on and so on . I wrote letters to attorneys generals CC every copy of everything . I wrote letters to the chicgo office . Complaining about this and that . They were all CC and AND certified mail . Yes indeed .

Well they said Icould was not capable of rasising my grandson because of the problems and conflicts me and my daughter had . So the foster mother that had had my grandson offered to foster my daughter and him together . Sicne she had him already . WEll damn i did something I regered . I locked my daughter out . SO SO this foster mother (since she was more fit then me ) to take my daughetr and her son and foster them togther . WELL DCFS would NOT allow that at all . So now I did not have my daughter or grandson and NOW they were using this against me that I locked my daughter out . Yes .

So this foster mother steps up and she writes letters and vocies her concern about the sitaution . They deny her request to do this because well her foster home was ful. WEll damit THEY can move some out and move her in . THIS was the solotuion and would cause the leass truama to my grandson from being moved here to there to there and there . And woould have given my daugvhter a chance to bond and be fostered with her son . They denied this request .

My grandson lived with his other grandma (for a short time ). She was an addict , alcholic , a felon and had NOTHING for him . NHOT even a crib . But case workers found this envirment more fit then mine though . Also my daughter was 16 when she got pregant and her son was 18 . Yes 18 . But no one NO One in courts looked at the fact that my daughter was under aged when she got pregant but HER 18 year old son . BUT they had him . Yes they had him for a short time . They were more fit and stable then me .

He was moved eventually from the other grandmas house eventaully .

We were at the bitter end of this fight and had got it all the way to supreme court . It did NOT take presidence . In the supreme court system . Rights got terminated and I had NO other measures to take . I had fight them for three long long hard years and lost . How inhumane i felt . How inhumane my daughter felt . What did my daughter do wrong? She completed everything . What did I do wrong? Yes I am on diablity . But I am sane,stable, on section 8 housing and always made the right decions and choioces for my daughter the best I could .

I had three attorneys that told me that if I or my daughter had been addicts to the department me or my daughter could have been rehabliatative . But because we are NOT addicts we ARE NOT rehablatative . WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!! OMG! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS? And contuine to get away with it . Second the deprtment does NOT like me . AS I fought them for so damn long and challenged them . The resented me casue I fought them for some damn long and so hard .

My grandson now is 6. We do not no his whereabouts well being or anything . My daughter is scared . Scared to death. Has suffred 2 miscarrages just from the fear and stress of loosing another . I have just lost hope . In life . In people . In my family . I do not no what else to do . I am so depressed and alone and alonel . With no one . NO ONE at all . Please HELP SOME ONE! Thank you for listening .

DJG

Re: Grievieing Grandma!

Postby DJG » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:17 pm

I am so sorry to hear of you losing your grandson. It is appalling what these state cps systems are doing with peoples children. I lost a grandson of my oldest daughter and her husband. They kidnapped her son at 21 months, and they had moved out of washington state and went to california where her husband stayed to work, put both of them through all their programs, kept telling them they were going to get their child back but they lied and lied and made excuse after excuse and the last program they were supposed to be in, two days before they set up cps went to court and got plan of child to return home to adopt out, because they had to move out of the area where they were in and moved to where husbands parents lived. So cps used that they were not in their services which was no fault of their own. To not lose their child completely to adoption, they opted to an open adoption, but had to sign to give up their parental rights. Because her husband was still unemployed both their lawyers told them they only had 50/50 chance of winning and if they lost grandchild would be adopted out and they would not ever see him again till he was 18 yrs. old. So that is why they opted for open adoption. But cps put them in that position to give up their son when they did not want to and in the beginning of all this my daughter got pregnant but she went to california to have baby whom she still has and now he will not be able to grow up with his own brother and his parents. Cps kept him for two years in foster care they used my husband and my past against us to keep the child from us. If you have no money they do what ever they want and that is to kidnap children and give to foster parents all in the name of MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. We all need to stand up together and fight cps, they are the most corrupt organization in the united stated. I do not understand why the federal government has let them get away with kidnapping children but then I guess the federal government is just as corrupt as cps is. My heart goes out to you and your daughter because my heart has been crushed by all this and I and my daughter and her husband have cried many a tears over our lose of our child and grandson. :cry:

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”