Taken advantage of??

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mamajo

Taken advantage of??

Postby mamajo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:24 am

HELP!!!!!!!!!! I need to know if anybody has heard of Family Legal Resourses.They are a firm that helps grandparents and others get their loved ones back from CPS. My husband and I are fighting CPS to get our grandson.

Eljay

Re: Taken advantage of??

Postby Eljay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 am

Well.... I found this: http://www.familylegalresources.org/
... but they have an 805 area code which is Southern California.

This may be a better resource, still looks like a law firm: http://www.nc-family-resources.com/libr ... ights.html

Here are the legal statutes... find out where you fit/don't fit and hold them to the law.
http://www.swaincountydss.org/minstandards.html
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

mamajo

Postby mamajo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Yes, it is Family Legal resources in California.They have an adverticement on the Fight CPS web site. My husband and I have sent them all of our paperwork we have related to fighting for our grandson. We have sent them $1200.00 to help us.I just wanted to know if they were on the up and up. And I value your opinions highly. Please let me know something. This waiting game is killing me.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 pm

mamajo wrote:Yes, it is Family Legal resources in California.They have an adverticement on the Fight CPS web site. My husband and I have sent them all of our paperwork we have related to fighting for our grandson. We have sent them $1200.00 to help us.I just wanted to know if they were on the up and up. And I value your opinions highly. Please let me know something. This waiting game is killing me.

Honestly, in looking at their website, I think you just made a HUGE mistake! Can you get that money back???? This is from their website:

Family Legal Resources provides legal document services to those who cannot afford high attorney fees. Our fee structure includes a $100.00 Case Assessment fee. Once we receive your complete client information form, you will be emailed a research based case-plan that includes the steps or action items to address your case. Upon review, if we feel we cannot assist in your case we will refund your initial one hundred dollar fee.... Not all cancelations will receive a refund. Enrollment into our program includes the following: Once your initial fee has been processed, your advocate will review the case details that you have provided. Your advocate will then direct you to our online Case Information, or "Intake" Form. Once you have completed and submit your case information form along with any court orders and/ or supporting documents that are determined to be pertinent to your case, an advocate will then submit your case to the legal department [what in the heck is THAT???] for thorough review. After review, a case and payment plan will be discussed with you prior to proceeding with your case. Once you have been informed of the content and cost of our service regarding your case, you will inform us how you would like to proceed. Family Legal Resources does not provide an attorney to appear with you, or to assist you personally with your case. The court always has the last word on every case. Neither we, nor any outside attorneys can make guarantees on the outcome of a case. We get our best results when our clients are organized and honest about the details of their cases.

and

Family Legal Resources specializes in only a small sector of family related cases.

They mention dealing with *custody* issues, like mommy/baby daddy getting custody, NOT dealing with CPS (there is not one mention of dealing with CPS on their site, although I did not read every word). They are NOT in your state, and - call me skeptical - but I don't think that someone in CA can effectively advise you on the intricacies of a CPS case on the other side of the country. This is NOT an attorney!!!!! I would rather see you spend your money with a paralegal in YOUR state who has worked on CPS cases, and who maybe has the ear of an experienced attorney to guide her/him than on some unknown entity on the other side of the country who has made no promises and presents NO credentials, NO names, NO addresses, just a phone number. Yikes!!!!

Where is this ad you speak of? I don't see ANY ads on this website... not that I'm saying I doubt you, I just don't see ads here in the forum nor on the home site of fightcps.com ... I would like to see just what they are saying in their advertisement!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Doing a little more research on NC... found this:
http://stopcorruptdss.wordpress.com/nor ... ina-cases/

Maybe you can find that case you were looking for in the list. Lots of info there! Look for attorneys who are working on cases.

Is NC the state with the father who was deported to Mexico, mother was locked up for mental illness and the three kids were stuck in foster care? And they refused to give the kids to the dad???? That case almost completely pissed me off. On the one hand, those kids do NOT belong to the state and should be with their father, regardless of whether you approve of Mexico or not. On the other hand, when people operate illegally and bring a child into that situation (whether it be illegal immigration or a drug deal) then you take the risk of losing them. But whatever... back to your situation.

Now, as for legal help... paralegals here:

http://www.catawbavalleyparalegalassoc.org/?L_I_N_K_S (they can help you complete forms, understand/find law, but not give you legal advice nor representation) ... at least talk to someone there, look at all the names of the members... most of them will work for law firms. Ask around, make calls, ask around at the courthouse, call the newspapers who have done exposes' and ask for the names of lawyers who are going up against DSS. You need someone close, who knows what they are doing! My husband hired a friend of ours who is a general practice atty and it was a waste of money. You need someone who knows the system!

1729 attorneys registered on this website alone in NC: http://www.avvo.com/litigation-lawyer/nc.html

mamajo

Postby mamajo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 pm

The ad shows up under "ad choices"that is listed on the sides of the website "Fight cps"

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:03 pm

On http://fightcps.com/ there is nothing that says "ad choices"

There are no ads on fightcps.com, nor any ads here in the "forums" ... I don't know how Linda pays for this site, but I don't think it's through ads. Not that you can really be selective about ads anyhow, but that's besides the point. I wonder if it is something that is coming up from your ISP (internet service provider)?

Even when I use the fightcps.com search window on 'family legal resources' that website doesn't show up in the results (the link below should duplicate the search).
http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&client=pub-8912204348889636&cof=FORID%3A1%3BGL%3A1%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.fightcps.com%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.fightcps.com%2Fimages%2Ffightcpslogo.gif%3BLH%3A48%3BLW%3A350%3BLBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BT%3A%2344423a%3BLC%3A%23000000%3BGALT%3A%23333333%3BGFNT%3A%23663333%3BGIMP%3A%23663333%3BDIV%3A%2337352E%3B&domains=fightcps.com&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=family+legal+resource&btnG=Search&sitesearch=fightcps.com

Anyhow... I'm very skeptical about that "company" and I'm concerned with you diverting your limited resources! Did you pay in a way that you can stop/reverse the transaction?

mamajo

Postby mamajo » Tue May 01, 2012 12:04 pm

I was on the site where it stated Fighting Child Protective Services False Accusations. Under that was fightcps.com. The date on it was April 18, 2012. That is where I saw numerous ads. So,I have left 2 e-mails and 2 phone messages at Family Legal Resources. I am attempting another call!!!!! MAY GOD HELP ME. I have just left 3 messages with 3 different people whose namesI shall not mention. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO HELP ME REMEDY THIS SITUATION???????

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue May 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Two issues here...

First: If you did indeed find this "company" through this website, I need to know exactly where you found this ad (please provide me a link or URL with the exact location) so that I can address it with the site owners. Specifically, exactly where this ad was found, please.

Second: How did you pay this company? You need to work quickly with your bank or whomever you used to send the money. Also contact your local PD if you think this is a scam (they may refer to you to FBI, but pursue it). You also want to work fast before they shut down.

Jessie's Aunt

Postby Jessie's Aunt » Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Eljay,

At the top of this page, above the "Fight CPS" logo in its box, there are usually links to websites of related interest (don't know who sponsors them). Mine says "Ask A Lawyer Online Now" and "Present Your Case Free". In smaller type below them, off to the right side is a link that says only "AdChoices" with a small arrow. I've never clicked on any of them, but I suspect that mamajo did and it sounds like she's been scammed. Sorry, mamajo.
Jessie's Aunt
Adopted my sister's grandchild, 2004.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed May 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Jessie's Aunt wrote:Eljay,

At the top of this page, above the "Fight CPS" logo in its box, there are usually links to websites of related interest (don't know who sponsors them). Mine says "Ask A Lawyer Online Now" and "Present Your Case Free". In smaller type below them, off to the right side is a link that says only "AdChoices" with a small arrow. I've never clicked on any of them, but I suspect that mamajo did and it sounds like she's been scammed. Sorry, mamajo.

Is it from your ISP? Like, do you use netzero or somesuch free provider? There are NO ads on my pages, never have been.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I see adverts

have you tried stopping the check?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed May 09, 2012 11:49 am

Sorry I am late to get in on this conversation!

The ad was probably served from Google. I have Google AdSense advertising on this site. My compensation disclosure is here: http://www.fightcps.com/legal-notices.html

It says, "Regarding all sites you reach through advertising links found on this site: You are responsible for a due-diligence investigation of products or services you choose to spend your money on."

Also it says, "Always perform your own due-diligence search when purchasing products from Amazon or from any other advertiser you may reach through links on this website. I cannot guarantee products or services."

The reason is that I cannot research all ads Google gets to post on sites like mine (and many others). I am not even allowed to click on those links - as that would be regarded as click-fraud. (Site owners can't click on ads because they are pay-per-click.)

If you still feel that the site is fraudulent you can report this to Google and they will refuse to take any more advertisements from them.

If you let me know the URL of the site that you feel is unreliable or fraudulent I can block that site from ever advertising here again.

Sorry this is not much help!

I hope that you can get your money back if the service doesn't help you as you expected when you paid them.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

mamajo

Postby mamajo » Fri May 11, 2012 6:40 am

Linda. THank you . I never blamed this site for any thing. But if it is ok, I was going to give the site a positive plug-in when I am on Ron Reales Talk Show on Saturday nite at (pm

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri May 11, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks, MamaJo... I don't like unscrupulous advertisers using Google... and need to block them whenever they're found. I didn't realize Ron Reale has a talk show. I should listen in...
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

mamajo

Postby mamajo » Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 am

Hey linda I was unable to reach Ron on saturday to discuss what the Talk show was going to entail. I have tried to get hold of himAnd even left messages and e-mail messages but still no Ron Reale.If you get hold of him tell him that i am very seriousaboutgetting Jace back. I want to ADVOCATE for others thathave or are going through what CPS dishes out.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”