A Nightmare finally reaches an end!!!

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

grandma_inpain

A Nightmare finally reaches an end!!!

Postby grandma_inpain » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 pm

My Daughter just got custody of her 16 yr old back and was told by CPS that the 2 1/2 yr old will be back home the end of August. These children were taken away from her unjustly. They have never been abused nor neglected. She allowed someone stay at her home that was being watched and finally arrested for making meth. All their belongings were in my daughter's basement. The meth was never made in my daughter's house. The children were taken by CPS and brought to be tested. Tested negative for any drugs as did my daughter. My daughter being on anti-depressants (wrong medication) was pushed over the edge and attempted to commit suicide by over-dosing on her medication when her children were taken. When the tests came back negative they needed a reason to keep the children so they used her depression. If Cps can take children away from parents for being depressed, WATCH OUT!!! 95% of this country suffers from depression!! I'm so happy her nightmare is almost over. This has really opened my eyes on how unjust these States have become. I read a lot of the stories on here and no longer believe if someone had their kids taken away it had to be a good cause. There is just so many horror stories out there that something has to be done and people really need to start opening their eyes. If a Mother suffers from depression weren't we always taught to seek help? Its going to come to a point if they take your children, who do you go to for help? Dare you say any thing to anyone? I am going to continue to read these horrible stories and if I could help anyone out there that feels alone with anything I can say or think of to help I will be glad to help. Just keep fighting and don't give up. Happy Grandmother

Eljay

Re: A Nightmare finally reaches an end!!!

Postby Eljay » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Wow... why does she have to wait til August? She needs to ask them EVERY DAY to return her child! If she's safe for one child, she's safe for ALL!

So sad to hear of another family victimized by CPS, but glad to hear it sounds like it's working towards reunification. :)
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

grandma_inpain

Postby grandma_inpain » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 am

According to CPS they have to gradually transition the children back into the home. They have to start with over-nights on weekends. It is a pitiful shame what goes on that so many people are un-aware of. We need more people like Nancy Schaefer to speak out.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 am

grandma_inpain wrote:According to CPS they have to gradually transition the children back into the home. They have to start with over-nights on weekends. It is a pitiful shame what goes on that so many people are un-aware of. We need more people like Nancy Schaefer to speak out.

Liars. They certainly didn't "transition" the child OUT of the home!!! Putting them in the middle of an emotional tug-of-war is just downright mean. She needs to call the child's attorney/GAL/CASA and ask them to advocate for bringing the child back home NOW, permanently!!! Plus, she needs to escalate this to supervisor, director, etc. If they have already stated that reunification is the plan, then there is no reason to drag it out for months on end. They can't go back on the plan to reunify by a certain date, but they can certainly speed it up!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

grandma_inpain

Postby grandma_inpain » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Well we went to court and it is all done as of the 10th of Aug she will have full weekend visits and then Aug 31st the 3 yr old will be home for good. I'm sure she will have them on her rear stopping in here and there but I'm so glad my daughter has re-located out of that county so then they have no more say in anything there. For such a small county they have a high rate of children in foster care.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am

Glad to hear it. I hope it goes smoothly from here on out. :)

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:23 am

There is a difference between physical custody and full legal custody. The former just means that CPS is letting the child stay with your daughter. The latter means the case is closed and CPS is out of their lives for good, at least until the next report is filed. Which type of custody does your daughter have? Also, she should consider moving out of state once her case is closed.

If a mother suffers from depression, she needs to seek help from someone she is confident will not report her to CPS. Be careful what is said at first. Maybe go in under a false name. Never say things like, "I feel overwhelmed," or "I need help controlling my kids." To most people, statements like these are pleas for help, and to them the best "help" available is from the State. However, in most cases, the only way the State can intervene is through foster care, coerced "safety plans," and adoption "services." Budgets for family preservation are not automatically reimbursable by the Fed. A state has to apply for a Federal waiver to allow it to use Title 4-E funds for such uses, and most states haven't bothered to apply.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

grandma_inpain

Postby grandma_inpain » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 pm

My daughter goes back to court for a permancy hearing in October (this month). Social Services (CPS) still has control over the 2 children but they are back living with Mom and everything has been running smoothly. I think CPS realized they were dealing with a mother that had no intentions of giving up. They placed hoops in front of her to jump through and after she did they would place 5 more and she jumped through them also. At times they had made it almost imposssible for her. She showed them and no matter what they placed in front of her she was determined to accomplish it, and she did. Answer to the question of whether she would move out of state after getting custody back is no but in the process of all this she did move out of that county and in the county that I live and they are a lot better here. I think its all in a matter of letting them know YOU ARE GOING TO FIGHT to get your children back no matter what. I'm so glad its over.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”