Home Study etc. Attempting to get grandson - 10 months old

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

REBECCASWEETS

Home Study etc. Attempting to get grandson - 10 months old

Postby REBECCASWEETS » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:37 am

Unlike u i did not have to do home study, but i've been fighting for my grandson since birth. I have never been involded in cps in my life till now, I've done everthing they have asked me to do but they were prolonging my case for one reason or another. Well last week i went to a placement meeting which the babies social worker, the adoptive foster parents, adoption social worker, regional manger for placement, medical social worker, and the first social worker supervisor, and "me". i've have visited my grandson since birth, he's 10 months old. well my housing passed also my background check, my room mates background check also passed. They say i took to long in finding a suitable place to live, but why did the placement worker come over and passed the house along with the baby first worker and her supervisor. Well the placement worker passed the house before they put my grandson in adoptive/foster parents home. And the longer they wait to put in my report the least chance i have of getting him. Well they told me at the meeting that, that was my last visit. It torn my heart apart seeing him, the babies worker told me i would be going through mourning stage. How STUPIED is that! My baby is alive,how heartless can these workers be, and they are WOMEN! Well they clapped and cheered at the adoptive/foster parents when they were talking about the babies improvements and learning new things. All babies at that age and growing are learning everyday. the adoptive/foster parents, one is a teacher and the other works for the county and they already have an adoptive lil girl. Me i have everything the baby needs,crib, highchair, walker, ect. ect. and most of all love, his brother, sister, greatgrandmother, we have spent time with him. I brought up about him not knowing his culture, adoptive/foster parents are not the same race. Why haven't they thought of this before, very important. Give me a break, they never thought of this before i asked about it. Something very important to this child, and everyother child as they grows up. I really thought i could trust cps and the social workers, but i have learned the hard way. Money is suppose to not be a factor, guess what? They sell to the highess bidder. Blood is thicker than water, but not thicker than MONEY. Which i don't have. I will still fight for him, they can adopt another baby, i can't get another grandson that was born on 9/11/2011.

Eljay

Re: Home Study etc. Attempting to get grandson - 10 months o

Postby Eljay » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:02 am

Hello, and welcome. I am SO sorry you are going through this!

A few things... if your ID is your user name, please contact "LindaJM" (her name is in red under the list of moderators at the top of this page) to have it changed.

Second, rest assured that "for whatever reason" is most certainly about the money.

Third, you're going to need to stop fighting with CPS and trying to convince them to let you have "their" baby. They are NOT on your side, nor on your grandson's side. They are delusional and greedy, thinking that ripping a baby from his family is better than keeping the family together. It will be traumatic for you and the whole family. Even voluntary adoptions leave huge holes in people's hearts, let alone when they are ripped from the family.

You need to petition the court for custody. You need to prepare a Declaration of Facts stating what you have said here. It is in the best of interest of that child, and his siblings, that you all stay together. The petitions are different for each state but you need to fight this through the courts. If you can afford a lawyer, hire one who has experience fighting CPS. The judge needs to hear from you before the final hearing!!! You need to get a petition into court and you need to get your voice on record. If you've been to the hearings so far, you know that you don't get to speak up for yourself.... you have to do it in writing. Here is the form/sample:

http://fightcps.com/2010/12/22/how-to-w ... the-court/

You'll also need to file a Petition for Custody or Writ of Habeus Corpus, but again, an attorney is your best bet. Don't use a standard "family" lawyer... you are up against CPS which is deceptive and will fight tooth and nail with our tax dollars to preserve their pride at the expense of your family.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”