LAWYERS WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY?

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pink

LAWYERS WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY?

Postby pink » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 am

thanks for your imput and suggestions
Last edited by pink on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eljay

Re: LAWYERS WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY?

Postby Eljay » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm

pink wrote:For anyone who may know? Why are there not more lawyers available ? Does it really do any good , in most cases, to hire a lawyer? And how expensive are the ones who are available? I realize every case is different...But , I need some kind of feedback from anyone who has or knows someone who has hired a personal lawyer? please reply?

By the way, may 2013 bring a class action lawsuit,,

In our case, I hired a lawyer within an hour of being told that CPS was petitioning to take the kids. It was $12,500, but the best money I ever spent. I had someone who KNEW the CPS system, was very bright, was fighting FOR MY KIDS and was available to answer my questions and educate me for the 3 days leading up to the first hearing. By the time we got to court, he KNEW my case and was able to advocate for me, knowing that what CPS was saying was total bullshit. In fact, because of his actions (and the fact that the innocence and truth were heavily in our favor) the case worker and supervisor were faxing over "last minute information for the court" in which they basically said, "oops... our bad, nevermind, mother is just FINE and we don't want to take the kids from her after all."

I'm in metropolitan LA and has several to choose from. Why are there not more? Because CPS goes for the "low hanging fruit" ... the families who are uneducated, poor, weak, easily intimidated... the ones who don't have the money to hire private lawyers. The ones that DO hire private lawyers??? Well... just look at Charlie Sheen/Brook Mueller (or whatever her name is) ... it was all over the news how they were drunk, drugged up, arguing in front of the kids, mental illness issues, domestic violence, etc. .... and their kids were NEVER taken from them.

So.... hire one if you can afford it because a court-appointed attorney has no incentive to work for you.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:03 pm

... and as for the class-action suit... CPS is an area of law where a "class" is hard to collect. If your case has significant merit, you don't need other people to add to the suit. What "class" were you thinking?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

bbs5fairy

Postby bbs5fairy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:28 am

The ones that DO hire private lawyers??? Well... just look at Charlie Sheen/Brook Mueller (or whatever her name is) ... it was all over the news how they were drunk, drugged up, arguing in front of the kids, mental illness issues, domestic violence, etc. .... and their kids were NEVER taken from them.

I was just talking about this the other day at work with my co-workers!!!!
This is just not right, those kids really do need to be taken away from that whole situation and because they can afford an attn, then the kids will forever be there..

pink

question

Postby pink » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Tsometimes we as victims overlook some of the good deeds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Last edited by pink on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:58 pm

pink wrote:The part I don't understand? How can the agency be above the law?They refuse to obey court directives and flat out lie like dogs,,If a case starts to whine dow>? They cange case workers,,I thought lawyers were the most deceitful low life on the planet? The people make them look like amateurs in blue jeans..Why are more people not concerned?

We are suppose to pray for our enemies? I pray God gives them the justice they deserve,,

People are concerned... google Richard Wexler, Legally Kidnapped, Lawless America... the problem is that CPS does do SOME good so it's hard to turn anybody's head completely. Just like the Catholic church.... for the vast majority of people, it's a wonderful institution, but for the boys who were raped by priests for years on end, the church is a cesspool of depravity.

When they don't follow court orders, you need to file a "Motion to Sanction" or "Order to show cause" for contempt of court.

pink

Postby pink » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:46 am

any idea of present day cost of an attorney?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 am

$5-10K if the case is simple enough to have dismissed without going to trial. If you have to go through trial, add another $10K to it. Whatever you do, do NOT hire an attorney unless they have several years of experience working with CPS cases in your state.

Here is one:
http://www.lougeelaw.com/Practice-Area- ... ices.shtml

... and multiple listed here, not an endorsement of the source... it's just what came up on the search:
http://norml.org/about/item/custody-lawyers

Call and talk to them .... they will normally give a free consultation. Be *BRUTALLY* honest about your case as hiding the facts will only harm you in the long run.

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm

I just wanted to say that hiring lawyers is not always what it is cracked up to be. I hired a lawyer when my daughter had a problem and I would so much love to give her name here! The so called dad to my granddaughter had even went to my lawyers office and she told him to go home and think about signing his rights away for the night. He went home came back the next day signed his rights over to me for my granddaughter and then my lawyer , without asking me , put in the paperwork that I wanted child support from him which I had told him I would never ask for! After the alloted time for him to withdraw his consent he hired a lawyer and proceeded to fight me because of the child support and didn't believe I had not asked for it. I had never even met the man except the time my granddaughter was born and when he signed her away to me and had never asked him for a dime! The first day we were to go to court, just my daughter and myself, the court was changed to a different court room, my grandchildren both ended up in cps custody and I was called a user of narcotics! I am disabled and have been since 2002. I had my grandchilden in my home the biggest part of thier lives, I supported them, even had my graddaughter covered on my insurance from my work from the day she was born! On our way to the 1st cps court my lawyer said to me and I quote "Grandparents do not have any rights in Texas". I was shocked to hear that coming out of my lawyers mouth! The second cps court date I went even though I had back surgery the day before and was in horrible pain. My so called lawyer came to me and said that she needed to drop some clients because she had to have surgery and asked me if I would sign off on her and if I did she would call it even and wouldn't charge me anymore. By that time I had been put through enough and did not trust her and was more than glad to let her go. You should have heard the casa worker, my grandchildrens so called lawyer and the cps person all whispering that and I quote " I can't believe she did it". But the Judge on the case did not have a clue to anything that was going on in the case from day one. I have learned allot since then, but it can't help the DAMAGE done to my grandchildren by the foster parent that slapped my grandson in the face, my granddaughters so called dad that beat both my grandchildren and he was only the biological dad of one of them, lawyers who couldn't have cared less, courts with judges that had not a clue as to what was happening to my grandchildren and cps workers that lied to them and told them they were going to be with me and it never happened! So my advice is, it does not matter what you pay, who or what they know, if the system is dirty like it is in Texas then it does not matter what you do! My advice is to know your rights and the law before you proceed in anything to do with the courts when it comes to dealing with your grandchildren and being disabled. GOD BLESS all of you and you are all in my prayers!

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:02 am

Child support is for THE CHILD, not for you. if something should happen to you, the child should lot be completely left without financial support. If you can meet the needs of the child in the present day, bank the money for their college fund.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”