My granddaughter was born early in Montana placed in foster

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Sicofthis

My granddaughter was born early in Montana placed in foster

Postby Sicofthis » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:41 am

Help me anybody. My son and his girlfriend both from Wyoming went into labor early with her baby and were flown to Billings where the baby was born two months early. To make a long story short my sons girlfriend had a warrant for her and was arrested at the hospital, my son was told he could take the baby home and the day came to take her home my ex husband and son had her in her car seat ready to go when child protective services showed up took the baby and put her into foster care. The foster mom looked right at her daughter and said look at your new baby sister were going to adopt . Umbiblical cord was sent into test for drugs . There were no drugs found in the baby system and the only drugs found in the mom system were ones she was prescribed at the hospital. They've had the baby for three weeks there's been no hearing set yet all of the baby's family lives in Wyoming Montana won't transfer her to Wyoming . I spoke to numerous attorneys none of which want to take on CPS , I don't understand why as a grandparent I have no rights I don't understand why my sons being punished for doing nothing wrong we want our granddaughter back if anybody can help please help I don't know where Else to turn , now we've been told we can't even visit our granddaughter for two weeks because the foster families taking her on vacation she's a premature baby she needs her family not strangers we know nothing about to raise her

Babbiesaregreat

Re: My granddaughter was born early in Montana placed in fos

Postby Babbiesaregreat » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 am

No attorney in the state of Montana wants to take on CPS. In the state on Montana they require the father to sigm a Paternity statement if the parents are not married. Your son needs to hire an attorney to get full custody of your grand-daughter. Also they have to prove he is unfit to have custody of his daughter. Take this case to the Govenor of Montana, state they are not allowing the biological father to have custody of his daughter with no cause. They will then have to prove he isn't fit to raise her. It will be an uphill battle, which may not end the way you want it to.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”