Where to even begin...

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

meeshywii

Where to even begin...

Postby meeshywii » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:16 am

First and foremost, my grandson was removed from his mother in Jan.

This was the second time he was "emergency placed" or whatever the terminology is, the first time he was placed at my house, with myself *grandmother* and his aunt by DCF. This time they suddenly decided to abide by the law and placed him with his biological father. Whom he doesn't even know do to the fact he hasn't been in his life since birth, as well as his other grandparents who have only visited him maybe 10 times (my grandson is 5).

Well, months have past, and his mother is in all these classes/working a plan/ect. the projected date for him to come home is Jan 2017, which, I don't trust anything DCF says because they've said A LOT but done very little.

Anywho,
They placed him as I mentioned with his bio Dad who "lives at home" with his parents. Come to find out.. he doesn't even live in the city. He lives on the other coast(we live in Fort myers, he lives in Miami which is about 3 hours away) and my grandson has been staying with his other grandparents, never seeing his dad. We have told DCF this multiple times and they keep saying there is an "ongoing investigation" with that, and that it is a huge deal if the dad isn't even in the same house, because they placed him with HIS DAD not with his grandparents.

We filed a motion to change placement bc my grandson constantly tells us how sad he is and how uncomfortable he is there, he doesn't know any of that side of his family. It is heartbreaking because at the last court hearing he even asked the judge to please move him to our house.. :(

I need advice on what to take with/say during this hearing for a motion to intervene. It will be just myself, his aunt, our attorney, and a judge.
I know this info could be useless, but maybe not so I'll state it:
At our house, he has his own room, filled with anything a 5 year old could need, he also just got a trampoline here, as well as signed up for a week of summer camp. Where he currently lives, he sleeps in a bed with both grandparents because his room was taken by their son (his uncle)..Since signing him up for camp though, the father has gotten angry with us over god knows what, and texted myself saying "Anthony is not visiting until further notice." just yesterday.

Any advice/similar situations/ect will help. We're just trying to prepare for what to do court-wise.
Last edited by meeshywii on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

meeshywii

Re: Where to even begin...

Postby meeshywii » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 am

Also forgot to mention, DCF/CPS has signed off already saying they have no issue with him being moved to our house if the father isn't living in the house hes currently in.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”