Cps case from 10 yrs ago now stopping visitation w/grandchildren

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Tomoro

Cps case from 10 yrs ago now stopping visitation w/grandchildren

Postby Tomoro » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 am

Our grandchildren (2 1/2 and 1 1/2) were taken from my 25 yr old daughter because she was married to a sex offender and had them around him without our knowledge. My parents (the great grandparents) had been taking care of the children as they knew my daughter wasn't making good choices but she had taken them out that day. We had the children every weekend to give my parents a break. We have quite a bond with them as they also lived with us the first year of their lives.
After the children were taken my parents were given guardianship with very strict rules. Everyone has to have a background checks. I myself am not allowed at my parents house at all even if children aren't there because I had a cps case 10 years ago. It took 4 weeks and them telling us they lost the background checks before we finally got information to get our fingerprints in but I'm still being told even if those come in I will never be allowed to have unsupervised visits meaning we won't be able to get our weekends back.
The same daughter who is making bad choices now has had a history of that. She was a teenager and had run away many times and I had an at risk youth petition on her. I had spanked her butt and she went to school where her boyfriend said she had a bruise and they told the counselor at which time cps was called. I was charged but the charges were dropped as I was able to show the rcw that shows you can spank your child and leave transient marks. When it was released I was told it could never be used against me. My daughter nor the other 4 children living in the home were never taken. We took parenting classes and followed all of the rules and cps worker actually said they could see we were a loving family. Case closed.
Fast forward ten years and now they are telling me that I will never be able to have unsupervised visits because of the abuse/neglect on my record. Has anyone had to deal with this before and have any advise?
I am just sick over it. For the record after parenting classes my wife (now exwife) stopped spanking our children and parent completely different then we did. We had thought it a blessing at the time as it taught us new things but now ten years later it is a nightmare! My new wife is being lumped into this case even though she wasn't even my wife at the time. Any help appreciated.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”