What can a grandparent do in Tn

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

RxxxTxxx

What can a grandparent do in Tn

Postby RxxxTxxx » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:57 am

Daughter #1 in Nashville has temporary custody of Daughter #2 in Knoxville child to keep her from going into state custody.Now until the parents WNO all were living with me to help me since I am on disability,also needed a place to live after moving from Ca.they been here over a year tho not married but been together 8 years have child who was Not abused but walked out of the home in the early morning while all was asleep. CPS took her away but we asked for her Aunt to take her.Now the Aunt has had a domestic violence charge on her partner (female) who attacked her,Is or should the Aunt still be living g with her,since I feel its dangerous because the partner don't like the child because she gets into her food that has (her name) on it instead of putting her food out of reach from a 6 yr old and its causing problems in Their relationship Can the Aunt move out of state before the parents can appeal? How can we prevent her from moving to another state. Plus since the parents are not married but still together they are taking most of their money (800+) each month in child support and barely giving them enough to maintain a life on their own.because they have a bad car,it won't go to Nashville and aunt won't bring her to Knoxville to visit but takes her to SC family that's not blood related to child.would we have to ask for child to be put in foster care here in Knoxville just to keep up on visits? Don't want to but seems like she could see her parents more since they too poor to get a new car. This Grandma would like answers or help...please hottamalemom59 at yahoo dot com

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”