59 year old Grandmother DA Charge by Unmarried Mother of Child Trial Monday - Advice.

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Jackson1957

59 year old Grandmother DA Charge by Unmarried Mother of Child Trial Monday - Advice.

Postby Jackson1957 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:50 am

This is long - any advice will help. I have private attorney and will request jury trial in higher court if charges not dropped - I will not accept plea. She told son she is now sorry and will take 5th. She lies so much. I have not spent 5,000 on motels, movers required by law to evict her, court costs, Ietc. I just want this to stop so can go on with life and granddaughter is safe and loved. The only positive out of this is that she would have eventually done the same to my son one day ... so if someone had to go to down by her lies, I am glad it was me not my son.

My granddaughter's mother who is not married to my son was living in a home I purchased for my son to live in so his daughter would have a nice place to live. I always put his name on Warranty Deed of any home I purchase since he has been an adult in case of emergency and at my death it would pass to him. So he paid the mortgage but the loan is in my name. The two of them have had very unhealthy relationship for years. When I first met her 5 years ago, I told him that something about her gave me the feeling she was a bad check writing type of person. A year later after witnessing a heated argument between the two and the suspicions I had about her not even wanting to say anything about why she does not have any communication with her mother for over 10 years ... I said to him "please never impregnate that woman" ... he told me she said she was not able to have children. Well, not long after that surprise! she is pregnant.

During the last few months they have been arguing and fighting a lot (he never has ever physically abused her) but most recently in the last month it had gotten so bad. I came to visit to stay a few weeks and during that time she stayed out all night and didn't come home until the next day for few times. I have always let them both be on my At&t account so both their cellphone accounts online are legally mine to look at for any reason. My son found out a week later that one of the nights she was out all night it was that she was driving two men around to drop off and sell drugs. When he confronted her with the information she denied that she knew what the men were doing. The argument go so bad I intervened and told her she was going to have to be evicted before someone went to jail or was hurt. I was afraid she would call the police and lie to them about something so my son would go to jail.

I went to the Clerk's office the next day and filed for Expedited Eviction Detainer Warrant. At court the Judge granted it and the mother had 10 days to contest. When she was served with the warrant she told me "you whore I have 30 days before you can make me leave and then 10 more" I told her she needed to go down and contest it then. I gave her money and made her sign a receipt for it to get a new apartment and offer of moving her things which were almost nothing because I bought everything in the house but I made a list of many things I would give her so my granddaughter would have a nice apartment.

When I went online to look at her phone records, I saw all the numbers she text, called and sent data to on the nights she was out all night. I then paid a service to research the numbers and who owned them and where they were and her criminal history. The service found two felony - Felony 1: Exploitation of Elderly and Disabled Persons - Felony 2: Grand Theft also DUI and Driving Under Suspended License ... so no way this person did not know she was driving around drug dealers.

For a week after she was served with eviction notice, she harassed me every day calling me horrible names, telling me I was trash and she was going anywhere. That she knew her rights, etc. Two days before the time was up I asked her if she was going to start packing because it was getting close. She shoved me aside hard with her shoulder and walked towards the other side of the house and sat on couch. I was so disgusted because the Judge who gave me the emergency eviction told me to be careful because in cases like this people will do anything to you and be sure to get the Writ of Restitution the day after 10 days are up so Sheriff can get her out asap. So, I was not angry just disgusted - I had a plastic cup in my hand filled with water and ice and threw it to the ground near my feet ... she was at least 10 feet away so no way it even touched her. She immediately got up off the couch and grabbed cell phone and started taping me.

My son came out of the bedroom and stood by the doorframe to the kitchen where I was standing. He said ya'll stop it .... I said No, she has to leave I am calling the police. I walked under his arm and towards the door to get my cell phone that was on the front porch so I had to walk past her to get to the door. She blocked my way so she could just keep filming. As I got closer she grabbed my arm and we fell to the floor. She is 90-100 pounds heavier than me - I weight 120 so when her body was on top of mine I could not move. We struggled but she did not even attempt to get off of me she just keep holding onto phone. My son came and pulled me from under her ... she grabbed my granddaughter and ran into the bedroom. I went out to get my cell phone on the porch.

I heard my say to her in the bedroom after I came in and sat on the couch to call 911 .. Don't call the police don't bring them into this. She said to him "She needs to learn a lesson".

I called 911 also .. when the police came they were there for her call because she called first but then they got a call that I had also called ... so police went to her first and his partner took me outside. The partner with me asked me a few questions. I was crying some because just couldnot believe what was happening. I even showed her criminal records to him on computer. He said it was up to the Senior Officer inside talking to the mother. The Senior Officer never asked me anything. The gist of it is : She told police I was off my medications (lie my doctor told me she will testify in court for me) that I have attempted to harm people in past (lie) and that she was in fear for her life and that I beat her head onto the floor. (lie) I was arrested for Domestic Assault causing bodily harm. The Dog Whistle of "she is off her meds and has harmed before" is all they heard bet and she knows the system. I believe Tennessee has a "somebody is going to jail procedure" and a "no drop policy" but that is a grey area. Police don't want to get in trouble later so they are going to take someone.

I have never been arrested for anything. I have no criminal records. I owned the home. They took my son in another room and only asked him two questions ... my son said she had been baiting me every single day and that his mother has never harmed anyone. Didn't matter.

CPS is involved now and they talked to her at the house which was filthy as aways two days before the Sheriff evicted her. (I was not allowed to go back to the house at all until she was gone) I don't know what she said to cps ... I don't care because I have nothing to hide. They asked me about what happened and I told them the truth, gave them my doctor's information everything. I also gave them her criminal records which the cps person said she had not seen them before. I also told them she is on medications for mental issues - I told them this because she was using my mental health as a dog whistle to the police. The cps person didn't know she was on psyche meds but she said she did have a signed medical form and so she was going to reopen it .. I don't care if this sounds horrible that I gave them the information. If I am convicted of this Domestic Assault charge it will stay with me forever and may keep me from seeing my granddaughter. My son has a good steady job at a hospital and no criminal record. I pray that they take his daughter from her and let him have custody but who knows the horror stories I have read online ... they could take her from both of them.

Her calling the police and putting my granddaughter on the Order of Protection (which she dropped in it's entirety at hearing) brought in cps and I think this may come back to bite her because now she and everyone else is in their system. Her previous conviction of Elderly Abuse Felony I don't know how they will weigh that against her but in my opinion abuse of an elderly person is almost like child abuse.

Oh, and that film on her cell phone that is stated on the TOP ... she told son she didn't show it to police. She sent it to him the other day .. I got it ... clearly shows me saying I am going to call police and walking towards her nothing else. If she does not give to prosecutor and says she lost it I hope she gets in trouble.

I go to trial in lower court Monday. If prosecutor offers plea I will not accept and will take to higher court for arraignment, grand jury and if grand jury says it should go to court (which they usually do) then I will let a jury of my peers decide .. because this type of stuff is wrong and only hurt true victims of domestic abuse.
Thanks for reading and if you have any advice I would appreciate it ... thanks.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”