Grandmother's fight to save granddaughter

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Verlin

Grandmother's fight to save granddaughter

Postby Verlin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:01 am

In 2013 my granddaughter was taken by cps from my daughter over a domestic violence dispute with her daughter's father. The father beat my daughter in the head with a 40 caliber hand gun and then began to shoot at her. Police was called and they took my daughter to jail for a unpaid fine and my granddaughters father was nowhere to be found. Long story short, the police called cps and got a emergency removal of my granddaughter. A week went by and I had called probably over 100 times and left numerous voicemails with no response back. then on a Sunday morning the supervisor from the cabinet (Jeff)called me and u began to explain what was going on and I also asked him why have I not been contacted once cps took my granddaughter when Im the next of kin. Jeff stated to me " calm down Verlin, if you have no felonies nor drug charges along with the home visit goes good then your granddaughter will be home for her first birthday" he lied!!! Everything background check and home visit passed. My granddaughters birthday was a week away and when my home visit and background check came back I was excited really thinking Jeff was going to give me my first and only grandbaby. I received a call from the case worker that following Thursday and she informed me that they will not give me my granddaughter due to I wasn't working a full time job at the time due to medical reasons. I began to ask her why? I have 6 children I have raised with 1 still being at home that Im still raising. I asked her "so its ok that I raise my daughter that's currently in my home but Im not suitable enough for you people to let me have my granddaughter! Makes no sense!! I've been fighting and searching for help for going on 2 years now. Judge Mehling here in Kenton county Kentucky told my daughter that the next court appearance my daughter has to sign over all her parental rights of her daughter so he can adopt her to these same foster parents. Judge Mehling told my daughter if she refuses to sign that he will guarantee she will never have another baby in the state of Kentucky or he will have them removed as well. My daughter was 19 years old,new mother who was nit educated on what her constitutional rights was. The judge wouldn't let none of the family into the courtroom to tell him we want my granddaughter. He took advantage of my daughter,threatened her and now is adopting her baby out in September and Im asking if someone can please help me with some options on how to stop this adoption!! Im in desperately need of HELP!!
Attachments
MEME2016-08-18-10-08-16.jpg
My granddaughter before cps took her and a few months later after. Heartbroken
MEME2016-08-18-10-08-16.jpg (147.05 KiB) Viewed 1377 times

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”