Grandparents rights

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Javajenny1

Grandparents rights

Postby Javajenny1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Ok here is out situation, my daughter and her husband took their 2 month old to the hospital, in Utah, he was in critical condition, my husband and I drove out there to help with their other 2 children, while there was nothing much we could do, we decided to take the grandkids on vacation with us instead of having them sit in the PICU with their parents, while on vacation we found out that CPS was now involved and 3 days after we left CPS took control of the kids, we live in Nevada, we contacted an attorney and petitioned for guardianship so that the children would not go into foster care, (not custody) but CPS keeps telling my daughter that they are getting a warrant out for our arrest, and that they won't work with them until the kids are returned. We were willing to work with CPS on their level until they started giving us the run around (note getting the attorney) but tomorrow they go to court, and she's afraid their going to arrest us and take the kids, my daughter and husband want the kids here with us, our attorney says not to worry,but we are, can anyone give us some feedback, encouragement, anything!

NYCStarmom

Re: Grandparents rights

Postby NYCStarmom » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Hello, I'm so proud of you for standing by your daughter in these times . People really get frighten especially when they start threathen you with police . My obvious conclusion is that if CPS wanted these children and wanted you arrested they would have did it already .

Missing persons filed on the child , anger alerts , abduction etc these are scare tactics to make you believe they have absolute power . Can you please explain why would you have a warrant for your arrest ?
Only orphans are suppose to be in foster care . Not one single child is supposed to be in foster care if they have even a neighbor willing to keep the child and have familiar ties .

look up kinship / kinship naviagtor in your state or any state because most of it is the same laws pertaining to were the children should be .
Always use that the children are together , they know you , the parent want the children with you and gives consent and they are in no danger staying with you and focus hard on arguing your role in their lives and how long you've had them and been positively impacting the children lives .
Great success and I hope this helps you guys a lil .
Please let is know how you guys are making out . Stay blessed :D

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”