need help to get my baby back!

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cyndie

need help to get my baby back!

Postby cyndie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm

wow there is just to much to tell. this case has been on going since april 2008. my teen aged runaway daughter came home at 14, give birth at 15. i took care of ny granddaughter(Destiny). i meet a man who promised my girls and i a good live here in las vegas( did not know he was a felon). come to find out my teen age daughter(Sam) was going to have another baby girl and also was living here in las vegas. my boyfriend(John) desided that utah would be a better place for all of us. Sam took care of her sisters(Hope & Haylee) and Destiny while john &i packed to move. april 9th 2008 we were ready to leave Sam desided to keep destiny and metro said that i would be charged with kidnapping if i took her, so i left for utah without my baby. april 28th 2008, Sam called me saying her boyfriend(Jonathan) kicked her & destiny out and she could come back after she got rid of destiny. i could hear my baby crying, i keeped asking sam why. she said destiny fell running in the kitchen at the motel and she wont use her arm. i told her to call 911 but she would not and that i need to come get destiny if i want her. my boyfriend called his son and he went to the motel and picked up destiny, he called and told us what a seemed to be wrong with her, then my boyfriends nieces picked her up from him took her to they house and called 911 at my request. prier to them calling 911, i called cps and ask them what would happen if 911 was called. they of course lied to me saying she would be given to me. cps took destiny from the hospital to child haven then placed her in a foster home.(a good one thank god). they took sam & jonathan they would help them get their live straighting out but they had to go to court and do what cps tells them to do.( yeah teen age runaways are going to do that, right). but they were trying, then rachel was born (she never got to go home with sam). at 9 days old rachel was placed in a different foster home then the one destiny was already in. with a couple that was in the program with the soul prepose to adopt a mixed race baby.(rachel was born may 20th of 2008). cps didnt even tell me that sam had given birth to rachel. i continued to call the case worker asking ? and being lied to. talked to rachels foster mother dearing a child haven visit, she told me that dfs said she can adopt rachel when Sam messes up. then cps cut off the funds that they were given Sam, no more vouchers, no bus passes. so sam started missing classes and visitation with the girls. then i ask the supervisor if the case could be transfered to utah, she said it would take 18 months. i then ask what if i come there, she said 3 months, 4 months tops.( another lie). august 16th the cpa worker told Sam she was under investigation by metro and was looking at 25 years in prison for what happened to Destiny. So i was already here, sam called me and told me this and that i could have both girls, i tryed to talk her out of running away. august 19th Sam & Jonathan left Nevada. august 22nd john and i went to child haven to get fingerprinted and a back ground check. we heard nothing from them, i called the case worker, she said im sorry there was a problem with the back ground check and the girls are now in the permanetes department and she is no longer the case worker. i tryed to call the new case worker but she never returned my calls. they did let me continue to see the girls at child haven. October 22nd 2008 i went to court to see what they were going to do( it was the 6 months review). they told the judge they didnt want the girls given to me because i lived with a felon, and the judge said if i wanted my granddaughters to find a new boyfriend. i told the judge john would not be living with us. a month went by, the case worker called to set up new visitions at rhe motel. i ask her if i could see destiny some where else because i feared she would have flash backs of what happened to her she said it had to be the motel or child haven, so i said i would see them at child haven for now. i continued to ? why the girls are not in the same foster home, the case worker told me she wanted to place both girls with me at the motel but her supervisor said to leave them where they are. i continued to visit them at child haven, then they said ops we made a mistake, johns not that kinda felon, get a house. so i can just move in johns house? they said yes. they destinys lawyer told me that dfs was going to use some calls that they had gotten in dec of 2007 and april 2008 that i did not know about, i said go ahead cause if it was true then they left my babies in harms way, they did not say anything about the calls when we got to court. then my lawyer(a friend of my boyfriend) was talking to the da & dfs outside the courtroom, and he came and told me that they said they would give me destiny if i would let the foster family adopt rachel. i said no and he got angry and told john that he better talk some sense in to me. i still said no. april 2009 destinys lawyer told the judgr that destiny belonged with me and thats where she wants to be, the judge agreed and told dfs to place destiny with me. april 16th 2009 i got my baby back. i ask dfs what about rachel they said they needed to see how i take care of destinys emotional, social and behaveral issues first. then we"d go back to the table about placing rachel with me. my lawyer was suppose to file for graudianship but keep putting it off. they continued to tell that destiny was doing great with me & john. i ask for a cft meeting,july 10th 2009, at the meeting they gave me in home visits with rachel and told me to really think about an open adoption for rachel. sept 3rd dfs filed to terminate Sams parental rights but not telling me that my whole families rights with the exception of siblings will also be terminated. sept 9th the foster mother got her us citizenship. and moved into a 3 bedroom house. oct 13th another review, i stated i want both of my granddaughters, even my lawyer was angry with me again, every time i disagreed with anything that dfs said, he would threaten to withdrawl. oct 23rd the judge said the one thing we agreed on, that the girls belong together but he didnt care if it was with the foster family of rachels or with me and that he wanted them to be adopted by one of us and set a trial for feb 3rs 2010. dec 23rd 2009 dfs ask the judge to terminate Sams right. it was granted. the case worker called to have me come to a cft meeting on jan 25th 2010, i thought they finally come to their senses but that wasnt the case. they told me that if i didnt agree to the open adoption for rachel that they would come to my home and take destiny away from me and that the no heart judge of the family court already doesnt like me and that i would never see either of the girls again. i had to think of destinys emotional well being so i agreed ;with my lawyer threating to agree with dfs as well. l reminded them of what the judge said but they said that they could sway him and they did. i also reminded them that i still dont qualify to adopt, they said that i just have to go through the motions to satisify the judge and if for some reason that dont work then they would make sure that i would get graudianship of destiny cause she is my baby. july 7th 2010 john went to jail for breaking probation, i also found out that john was taken my money and not paying my bills with it. write checks on a closed account of his. getting money from other people and not fixing their cars. signed my name on my van and sold it. spending the money on other women and gambling. i told the case worker i needed help, to get my adoption app. turned in, and help with getting divorce papers from california. she said she would see what she could do. july 25th my lawyer come to my house looking for things he said john had of his. then later that day he called him and texted me. i told him i was not going to talk to him about john, he got angry. the 27th of july cps can out and said that they got a call sunday the 25th. saying that my girls were dirty and that they were having a yard sell, selling their clothes to buy food, that we had no food, water, gas or power, and that i was a drunk and a methead. i was not home when she came, my adult son and his girlfriend were there watching the girls. the cps worker seen that my girls were clean and that there was food,water,gas and power. she left a message for me to call her, i did. she came out to speak with me july 28th and said that i had to go do a drug test to get this case closed, i did. i called the case worker to tell her what was going on and see if i could get a ride to go test, she said she could not help me with rides or getting my app in. i told her i have to move, she said that she could tell me how to get help with that and had me call hope link, i did they said someone would call me back within 10 bussiness days. i called her and told her what they said. the next day she called me and said she called hope link for me and that they would be calling me no later than friday august 6th. august 4th my landlord ask me if i could be out of the house by saturday cause the new tents dont what to wait tjll the 1st no on called me. . i tryed to call the case worker she didnt answer and had an outdated vioce mail.the 7th my phone that was on johns service was turned off. my landlord said we could stay at his place till my down stairs apartment was ready. the case worker went to my old house and the new tents gave her the landlords #. she came to his place and told me idestiny could not stay there, i told it was only for a few days. my landlord in on probation rand no i didnt know that. she said i could go to the shelter or rent a weekly, i said i'd rent a weekly, while we were looking up weeklys she went outside and called her supervisor. came back and said she had to take destiny and only would say cause her supervisor said to. my landlord told her she was not going to remove destiny after giving me a choice and demanded a reason and said she is calling metro, she did. then told me that the no heart judge its not going to like the fact that the police had to get involved, i told her that i would surrender destiny but i still what to know why she is doing this to destiny, she is not in a any danger. so she ask me to carry destiny to her car, i keep asking her why is she doing this. then she tryed to take my baby out of my arms but destiny would not let go of my neck so she tryed to her hands in between destinys arms and my neck, scratching my neck. and destiny screaming and my whole family crying, i felt my legs giving out and as i was falling the case worker pulled my baby away from me, i passed out on the ground. my family was very upset that they would not let them even say goodbye to destiny this was the 12th of august. august 13th i called the case worker and her supervisor and left messages asking where is my baby and that we what to see her, their voice mail all said the same thing. that their are out till monday. monday the 16th i called again but they didnt answer, then at 4:16pm i got a voice mail from the case worker saying that i could not see destiny and i have to talk to the judge tomorrow the 17th(that was the next review). august 17th 2010 went to court, johns friend, my lawyer withdraw and the judge said that i just lost a good alli and he would not appoint me a new attorney( ,like he appointed me one already,NOT!) dfs has made me out to be whte trailer trash or something. and he would not give me back my baby. cft meeting friday august 20th. they said that they wont give her back due to safety issues and that it will be up to the no heart judge of family court if i ever get her back. now i have no attorney or money. and have to face this devils alone on the 31st. and some things i didnt get in here. i know the lord is on my side, i am a good person ,i have never wronged anyone. but this is mans law, i hope and pray that someone will read my story, ( the truth) and find it in the heart to PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MY FAMILY BEFORE ITS TO LATE. Cyndie in Las Vegas, Nevada

LindaJM

Re: need help to get my baby back!

Postby LindaJM » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Cyndie,

I read your entire story and am so sorry for all the pain you're going through. I don't know what we can do to help you. It seems like you have ten times more experience with the courts than I do.

If your daughter has had parental rights terminated, I'm wondering if you have any rights left as grandmother.

Why did they take Destiny? Did they give you any specific reasons?

Have you written a legal declaration to take to court? Sample here.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 pm

File a petition for custody in juvenile court.

dabrock61attnet

Postby dabrock61attnet » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:39 pm

I am sorry to hear your story. Our daughter has a drug problem and OCS got involved. The paternal grandparents are wealthy and turned in false accusations about us along with my grandsons dad. The first two case workers were very understanding, but the third one ended up with us being railroad with false accusations in court. The Judge would not allow us to speak because the Attorney we hired did not file motions. At the end of the motion to remove my grandson the case worker stated she would like us to be able to have him every other weekend. The Judge was shocked and said WHAT they will have to take a drug screen. I willingly submitted and guess what they said I tested positive for THC. I told them there's no way the test is wrong. My Attorney said she was sorry there was nothing she could do. I went on my own after court to take a drug screen and it came back clean. I hand delivered a copy of it to the OCS office. They awarded the paternal grandparents temp custody allowing us supervised visits. My daughter was given a case plan and she messed up some on it. OCS fabricated lies about her and about three months later they awarded the paternal grandparents perm custody, but did not term my daughters rights stating if she straightens up they will help her get him back. I really don't believe OCS The grandmother has told my grandson we do bad stuff and did not take good care of him. We are trying to get the $$$ up to hire an Attorney, to try and get him on weekends unsupervised. We go see him as much as they allow and it is hard knowing what all they do & say behind our back. Do not Trust OCS they will turn on you and are viscious. I've been searching to try and find a good Attorney this time because we can't afford to loose. It's really scary because I talk to another Grandparent while in court and she said OCS is crooked she has spent $10000. dollars trying to get her grandson back from foster care and her daughter is pregnant. The day I met her she was in court trying to stop the termination of her daughters parental rights and they are now trying to take her unborn baby. I never knew how curupped the system was until my experience with them. Come on going to the point of Failing me for a drug screen? I had a hair folicle test the Judge would not accept stating they can be cheated on. I guess it takes lots of money and a Attorney willing to fight for you. Maybe with this site and people becoming more aware of the corruptions things will change. Good Luck

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”