Distraught Grandmother

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ollaiz

Distraught Grandmother

Postby ollaiz » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:41 pm

I Need help in fighting for my grandson, On July 9,CPS came to my home while my son and Grandson were visiting.
I was leaving on vacation the next day. Went my daughter comes to my room while I was packing and said the Police and CPS was out my door. I had care for my grandson and grandaughter in the past went a situtation came about with my grandson having a mark on this face which could have happened for many reasons. My grandson has a blood disorder that he can bruise easy . That cases was close the parnets had to go to all kind of services with no proof of any abuse.
Now in June my grandson felt and dislocater his albow, his parents rush him to the Hoisptal and the Hoisptal call CPS. CPS call me to pick up my grandchildren and keep them untill the investgation. After two week there was nothing else to investgation the caseworker at the time, Said he was sorry for all the inconvience. That they did not break the babys arm. The supervisor agree to give the children back if they would take prevents services. So they agree, I was not aware that a complaint had be flied after that. By a friend that got into a fight with my daughter in law and flies a falase report, saying that my son did break the babys arm.
It is false, all lies and no proof of any wrong doing. The parent are going throw hell and so am I because now CPS wouldn't give me cusotry of my grandson. They want me to apply for foster parent and see a doctor to find out if I would be considered now or in the future to get cusotry of my grandson. This is crazy how could they give you the kids went thing go wrong and say you the only person they trust and then turn around and fight you, tooth and nail not to give them back. I was going to take him with me on my vacation and she didn't let me. This is injusticed, this CPS Supervisor is very vcious. She lie, the hearing was about she said ,he said and the Judge allow it. NO PROOf of nothing just lies and My son and daughter in law are so stress out my daughter in law crys all the time and we don't know what to said anymore and my son is all day at work, don't want to come home. I cry and blank myself for saying I was going on vacation. I wish I would have not open my month. I am so angry and can't sleep at night, just thinking if my grandson is ok. They wouldn't let me see him, it been two months now. Everytime his parents go to see him, He thinks he's going home and said bye-bye and went he's put him in the car, he starts to scream and cry for his parents. How could this be for the best intrested of the child. I Need help my rights as a Grandparent are beening violate. What can you tell me?

LindaJM

Re: Distraught Grandmother

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:57 pm

I would definitely go through the foster care training and do whatever requested to get kinship care. But I'd also ask the kids to file for an administrative hearing to have a state administrative law judge review the kinship care arrangements in this case.

Read your state's Social Services Regulations to see what is really required to get kinship care of your grandchild. Maybe they're requesting too much.

In the meantime as grandparent I'd show them a spirit of cooperation and agreement even if it is all an act. Your children need to understand that even though you might be looking as if you're on the caseworker's side, just to get kinship care and rescue your grandson from foster care, you don't honestly feel CPS is doing the right thing. But don't let the caseworker think you're on the parents' side or it will be harder to get your grandchild.

That's my recommendation - but I'm not the expert on grandparenting here - that would be Dazeemay and she may totally disagree with me. I'm just telling you, if it was me, I'd kiss up to the caseworker and do anything to get a grandchild out of foster care.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

ollaiz

Postby ollaiz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I am applying I did all the paperwork, But now they want me to do a psychological evalutions to see if I would be consister now or in the further for custory of my grandchildren. I think they are taking it to far now. This is their doctors who is to said that he is going to be on my side. I know I have rights, I was a ok grandmother yestherday, but today I am unfit to get custory of my grandchildren that don't make sense. Don't you think??

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:23 am

Of course I agree - it makes no sense. Do they have all foster parents do psychological evaluations there? Is this court ordered, or is it something the caseworker came up with?

For all you know, it may be the CPS supervisor's best friend or cousin who has your grandchild, hoping to get an adoption because the boy is cute.

I would definitely file for a state administrative hearing on this. The state will send an Administrative Law Judge to decide whether the requests are reasonable, and if not, he will set the social workers straight.

Are they offering to PAY for this psych evaluation? They're so expensive... but honestly, I've never heard of any grandparents forced to do this before, and it seems like a ploy to put you off and keep the child in a foster home.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:38 pm

File for custody and guardianship directly with the juvenile court. You do not have to be a foster parent. You can have custody for an indefinite period of time. If they deny it, you can appeal it to a higher court. Ask what the time limit is for appeals. It doesn't cost that much for the filing fees. Ask the Clerk of the Court for a petition form. The judge can overrule Child Welfare's recommendations.

But if you are under a foster care system, then Child Welfare is legally required to file for termination of parental rights after about 1 1/2 years of foster care, and may have the child adopted out to strangers, even if the child has been with you all during foster care. They are required to plan for "permanency." That is why they want you to file for being a foster parent.

They are taking advantage of you lack of knowledge.

Search your state gov. website for - child custody guardianship

Maureen_1296

Postby Maureen_1296 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:32 am

I am going through the same thing. I have been approved for placement but the court continues to refuse placement with me, the grandmother. The children will be in foster care a year on 10/01/2010. It appears that this is a one side case and the foster parents have the judge and CPS and the children's lawyer in their court. I don't know what to do. I am a Christian woman and a hardworker. I have never been in trouble with the law. I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. What is the problem? Why do they want to tear a family this way? :( I have faith and I believe in God. I have not lost faith and I know that God is guiding me through all of this; however, I am only human and I need all the strength to keep on going. I need everyone's prayers. I need some advice. Who can I go to?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Maureen I am going to answer your post here at this link; posting.php?mode=post&f=103 click on it and you can use this for your postings. It makes it confusing to try and answer on someone elses post. In the subject line I put your name.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

amatteberry

Postby amatteberry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I am a grandparent also and I understand the heart ache and struggles you are dealing with. I almost asked my husband to take me to the hospital the other night becasue I am emotionally and mentally exhausted. I get so upset that I can not calm down, I can not sleep, eat or just function. My pain is for my grandson, he must feel like his daddy and his Mimi have abandoned him. I can not bare to think what his mother must be telling him. I feel your pain and I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep your faith. God Bless.

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”