Inneffective assistants of Counsel (advice contrary to law)

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ChristopherWayne

Inneffective assistants of Counsel (advice contrary to law)

Postby ChristopherWayne » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:02 pm

At my adjudication hearing for child neglect I was adamant about setting the record straight about what really happened and exposing DSS lies and coercive methods used to substantiate their report. My lawyer agreed, but informed me that we would have to wait until TPR hearing, the final hearing, before I could challenge and refute their allegation of neglect. I was skeptical but he reassured me that this was not the time to contest because cps court proceeding are conducting differently than criminal proceeding. He advised me to just consent for now, because the sooner we could get to the actual trial the sooner I could get my daughter back. I later discovered his statements were not true. I fired him immediately. My question now is does this constitute ineffective assistance of counsel.

LindaJM

Re: Inneffective assistants of Counsel (advice contrary to

Postby LindaJM » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Yes. Your attorney lied to you. I hope you can sue him.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

missmyboyssomuch

Postby missmyboyssomuch » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:33 pm

I was told the very same thing! That I couldn't clear up all the lies they said until we went to trial! However I was not told to consent to anything. I don't think that's fair that they get to say all this stuff that is untrue and we don't get to say a word to defend ourselves until the trial; and I mean we went to about 6 or 7 "review" dates in which they got to say their piece and me/lawyer ...nothing! I was so angry and frustrated and asked my lawyer why she couldn't stand up and tell them but either she wasn't a good lawyer or thats really the way it works. :(

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I am sure you can do something. Out here in southern california there is a form you can fill out and complain about this problem. I sent my form in months after the action, never heard anything but then got a new lawyer appointed. Little was I aware of that my complaint (the form) which I attached pages and pages of problems, did in fact get to the children's law firm that oversees these court appointed lawyers, thus the magically appearing rabbits at each court hearing.

Document everything that your lawyer(s) have told you and explain in detail this and that. Make copies and find out the tool used to complain about them. This will work to an extent. They will mind their p's and q's, but stay smart and strong. I kind of figure, if I'm in a system where they can do this kind of crap to me, I will make someone pay and not just anyone. It's the court appointed lawyers that keep this screwed up system going. I am thinking about sending the original complaints about the lawyers, promises, false lies to the state bar as well. I am sorry for them that I will be having to do this, but it is their own fault for giving into such a system, a system that fails a child of a loving childhood with their parents. The court appointed lawyers, when telling you this kind of crap are just as responsible and reprehensible as the dcf/cps investigator who lie, write false truths and snake their way into conversations to destroy your family.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:12 am

I have had a few court appointed lie-ers assigned to my case. I'm at the end of the case, nearing the termination hearing and had to file my own writ appeal to the termination of re-unification by myself, as the court appt. lawyer said there was nothing to appeal. After I filed the slop work, Their writ attorney is now calling me asking me for more info on the ineffective counsel and claims that "they" are investigating it's merits. They don't seem happy at all, it's their buddies, the lawyers they work daily with that are the reasons. I have a feeling they are looking to cover the lawyers who done wrong asses. DCFS counsel, court appointed lawyers and the children's lawyers over here are the same entity. It even gets worse. My #2 court appointed attorney recused herself from the case and at the very next hearing 30 days later, stood in for dcfs counsel. THis is a woman who has received confidential information from me via email...
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Thats a big conflict of interest and she needs to be removed from any part of your case.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:26 pm

monkette31 wrote:It even gets worse. My #2 court appointed attorney recused herself from the case and at the very next hearing 30 days later, stood in for dcfs counsel. THis is a woman who has received confidential information from me via email...

Please tell me you've filed a complaint about this to your state bar association...
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 am

My court appointed attorney lied to me and tricked me into stipulation saying that I'd just be stipulating to my place being messy. They put all the stuff I disputed and more lies on top of that into the record afterwards and I was not allowed to object.

You cannot trust court appointed attorneys.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

mysticmom

Postby mysticmom » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm

noroses4u2c wrote:My court appointed attorney lied to me and tricked me into stipulation saying that I'd just be stipulating to my place being messy. They put all the stuff I disputed and more lies on top of that into the record afterwards and I was not allowed to object.

You cannot trust court appointed attorneys.

i was told something similar but by a paid lawyer....

im with a better lawyer now but she dug me deep and he cant even dig me out now as she didnt do what she was supposed to do in the allotted time

Michelle R. Lemke

Postby Michelle R. Lemke » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:54 am

My case has just started, I have a greedy mother and ex-husband..they have made up lies and I am getting the proof all on my own, i am worried about the attorney, what is it that can be filed to prove these allegations false before trial, and press charges on those who made and acted upon them?

Michelle R. Lemke

Postby Michelle R. Lemke » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:55 am

What can one do before trial?

ShannonIsAbused

Postby ShannonIsAbused » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Same stories but it gets worse. My ex abuser husband druggy drinker emotional control freak got full custody of my children. 2 lawyers 3 judges and CPS, FFN, all made up a whole life of lies about me. Including a criminal background I never had etc etc. finally got to civil court yesterday where my attorney said 100% we will win everything. With him over a year walk into court first thing out of judges mouth was ok dAd gets custodyeys move on. My attorney did nothing. What the hell hsppened! Myoney wasn't good enough they took my heart and soul too. I want justice I want everyone exposed. Kay Hastings with families first network. Lisa Robinson with CPS. Judge shackelford for buying the lies. The department of Revenu the guardian at Leitum program the attorneys judge Thomas Santurri gave permanent custody to the admitted abuser. I have all the real truth they all purgered them selfs and everybody gets a high five for taking me down I want justice I want help I need my children they need help and they need their mommy. Can someone tell me who to call in Pensacola Florida to get justice. Someone who will fight for the truth and what's right probe there is a god. I'm lost.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:41 pm

ShannonIsAbused wrote:Same stories but it gets worse. My ex abuser husband druggy drinker emotional control freak got full custody of my children. 2 lawyers 3 judges and CPS, FFN, all made up a whole life of lies about me. Including a criminal background I never had etc etc. finally got to civil court yesterday where my attorney said 100% we will win everything. With him over a year walk into court first thing out of judges mouth was ok dAd gets custodyeys move on. My attorney did nothing. What the hell hsppened! Myoney wasn't good enough they took my heart and soul too. I want justice I want everyone exposed. Kay Hastings with families first network. Lisa Robinson with CPS. Judge shackelford for buying the lies. The department of Revenu the guardian at Leitum program the attorneys judge Thomas Santurri gave permanent custody to the admitted abuser. I have all the real truth they all purgered them selfs and everybody gets a high five for taking me down I want justice I want help I need my children they need help and they need their mommy. Can someone tell me who to call in Pensacola Florida to get justice. Someone who will fight for the truth and what's right probe there is a god. I'm lost.

I'm so sorry hon. I know it hurts really bad to lose your babies like this.

I hope you find justice.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”