our story

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

CPSptsd

our story

Postby CPSptsd » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Just wanted to write it all out. Our ordeal took place years ago but the effects are forever. It is very long, and if you have any "issues" with same sex parents you might want to skip it. Anyway, thought I'd share:

http://hellcatclueriot.tumblr.com/
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

Beatthescammers

Re: our story

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Hurray for posting your CPS nightmare so others can learn about the horrors of CPS!

CPSptsd

Postby CPSptsd » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:04 am

Beatthescammers wrote:Hurray for posting your CPS nightmare so others can learn about the horrors of CPS!

There was something therapeutic about finally writing it all out. :)

We have had other really bad CPS encounters but this was by far the worst. The others illustrate the crazy behaviors of various CPS workers we've dealt with. I will eventually add those little anecdotes too!

What's kind of sad is I shared this with some friends too, via Facebook... and as far as I know only one has read it. These are all people who are parents, I figured they'd be curious and I really want people to understand what can happen, but I can't force them to read it I guess.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Sadly, your friends probably think that a CPS investigation will never happen to them because they falsely believe that CPS workers are child saviors. I thought the same thing for many years. I hope your friends never have to learn that CPS is a logrolling child-stealing industry that can take ANYONE'S child with little or zero evidence of abuse. All it takes is an ANONYMOUS phone call for your children to be kidnapped by CPS. It's unbelievable, but true. :(

CPSptsd

Postby CPSptsd » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:57 am

Beatthescammers wrote:Sadly, your friends probably think that a CPS investigation will never happen to them because they falsely believe that CPS workers are child saviors. I thought the same thing for many years. I hope your friends never have to learn that CPS is a logrolling child-stealing industry that can take ANYONE'S child with little or zero evidence of abuse. All it takes is an ANONYMOUS phone call for your children to be kidnapped by CPS. It's unbelievable, but true. :(

I know it and believe it, but you're right, others don't.

In fact, while I hold a lot of anger towards the "friends"/neighbors who called with a frivolous call, I honestly don't think THEY realized just what they were doing, not fully. They probably thought it would cause us some trouble but they probably did not think long term about how it would be added to our "cps history" later on which was part of what the worker said was the reason she kept our daughter from us.

I have an acquaintance that I hadn't seen in forever and just ran into again, and she has become a CASA volunteer since we last spoke. And another person I know is about to sign up. I have not been sure what to say to them.. I think that this can be a good thing IF they are absolutely vigilant about remaining ethical... but what I have seen is that eventually the CASA workers get to know CPS workers in a friendly way and there goes all fairness out the window. :(

go7kids

Postby go7kids » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 am

I need help in north Alabama.Please someone help us dhr wants to take our grandkids away from us forever.Please call me 419-490-0521

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Go7kids, if you're still on the forum, please start a new topic so that people will have a better chance of seeing your story. If you're not sure how to start a topic, please PM me and I will try to explain.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”