I'm thinking of asking for an apology.

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Morning-song

I'm thinking of asking for an apology.

Postby Morning-song » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:34 pm

I want nothing more than that really from BC cps. Nothing they could offer me in compensation ever if i could demand such things and win would ever seem like enough. People have said before that I should sue them if only I could, but every time I flat out say no, I would not even if I could. Too much fuss and bother and for what? Money? What could I possibly want with their money? It would fix nothing. It would change nothing. Granted asking someone to apologize on behalf of their office, (it's most likely all different workers now. I understand cps workers burn out quite quickly and mine were middle aged years ago," would really not do much either. Yet in my mind and in my way of thinking it also sort of would. People need to be accountable for their actions. They need to know that actions effect others and that wrong is wrong. It saddens me to think that these are things I would now be trying to teach my now eleven year old son had they not stolen him and basically sold him on the black market, because of his hair and eye color. These are also things that fully mature and adult social worker should now full well. They don't have to know those things because they are not held fully accountable often enough.

They get to retire and enjoy their lives. They get to enjoy their children and grandchildren and be proud of them. They get to be mentally stable and happy, with no consideration for someone in another province who they stepped all over. I get to spend my life wondering as i have for years already why every other young mother got to keep her baby and raise him herself. I get to spend my life dreading my child's birthdays but refusing to take meds because I don't want any of that fake happiness in a bottle. I get to spend what could be the rest of my life having dreams at night of being a parent to a small child, or knowing what it sis to be loved and looked up to, and to wake up childless and still not sure if I'll ever get to have another child. I've wanted one for years but of course it's not that simple. I should have already had one. Perhaps I would never have needed another one, because I really always planned to have only one ever since I was a child. I would have had my one and only child, just like i always knew I;d have, my ideal little family, but they decided it was okay to steal a living breathing small human being, slander my name, slander my mother, blackmail my mother nearly turning us against each other, and put me in a position of trying to be honest with the man I love, causing him to suddenly express doubts about our own chance of trying for a baby one day.

Yeah, I'd say someone owes me a good heartfelt apology. Oh and while they're at it they can clear my name and tear up my file. No use keeping an Innocent woman labeled as once unfit to parent now is there. I'm considering sending off a politely worded email to the office in the next couple of months. Politely worded is not sarcasm either. I do fully intend to word it nicely. After all, it's different staff now, and why should they need to read vileness from some woman they don't even know, whose name is buried somewhere in the system? Still though the point still stands that someone needs to be accountable for the actions of the organization on the whole. That was a risk I think those new girls took when they became social workers, the chance that someday someone would dare to ask why. Has anyone ever done this? Did you ever get your apologies?

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”