How do you live without your heart & soul..

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

hollylee

How do you live without your heart & soul..

Postby hollylee » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 am

It's been four years since cps took my son from me over false allegations. He was nine years old at the time.. he's thirteen now. The pain is so tremendous.. so intense.. it has never gone away. The first two years I had nightmares, cried night & day, couldn't eat, sleep or talk to anyone, or even look in a mirror at myself, I couldn't go out in public or watch tv because i would see children with their families, and missed my child so bad I would have panic attacks. I couldn't breath the pain was so intense. I was alone and I stayed in my bedroom for two years.. I wanted to die so the pain would stop. It's torture to have your child taken away.. to be told he is better off without you.. to be accused of terrible things and not be given a chance to defend yourself against said things.. I was not even allowed to say good bye to him. My son is my heart and soul.. if I was given a choice between having my son or having my legs or any other part of my body.. I would chose my son and live the rest of my life happy without my legs. They didn't give me a choice.. they took my heart and soul, happiness and dignity. There is no pain reliever, ante depressant or sleeping pill that will even come close to helping. I have tried.. that's what people told me to do. I still cry.. I'm crying right now. My heart goes out to all the families that have gone through the same torture. Until today I didn't know there were so many other people going through the same thing. I have always felt very alone, helpless and hopeless.

Daruma

Re: How do you live without your heart & soul..

Postby Daruma » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Duplicate post answered here.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

WilliamJames711

Postby WilliamJames711 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 pm

You don't live you exist emotionally wounded.That wound festers infected by the injustice of it all.

ds1146

Postby ds1146 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:54 am

I can't imagine never seeing my grandchildren again. My son and I are going through this now. For 12 years, my son and I helped raise his daughter and 8 years for his son. His ex-wife remarried and had a baby last year on drugs. My son got custody temporarily until they investigated. 3 months later, he allowed his ex's mother to let the kids live there because they wanted to finish the school year there. We had been driving 45 minutes each way back and forth to bring them to school. When it was time to get them back, they accused my son and I of physical and emotional cruelty which were terrible lies. They never even investigated it until a month later and it was unfounded. Months went by and they were still getting "the paperwork in order". When it was finally lifted (at a hearing we never got notice of), the case worker said my son had a beer and that proves he has an addictive personality so we could not see the kids. We have been fighting ever since and while his ex and her husband are still on cocaine and heroin, we cannot see the kids. It is the most gut-wrenching that can happen to you. Isn't there someone out there who can stop this tyranny? I find it unfathomable that this could be happening. Even common sense would dictate this has only happened since she had her baby.

Where is our Governer while this is going on? DYFS gets paid for every test, every evaluation, etc. and the innocent people have no recourse.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:04 am

Since you know they are taking drugs while they have the children, have you filed a complaint on the child abuse hotline?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Take a look at the divorce link in my signature line. CPS will use disharmony between divorced or separated parents to take the children away from both. Proceed with caution. Family court may be a better option. What does your son's lawyer suggest?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

kalo5977

Postby kalo5977 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm

it has been 3 years since cps took my.3 grandchildren from my single job holding daughter who would not sign up for government services (welfare -foodstamps ect)ain july they terminated Us how the hell can this be ? no found reason except that crap they fabracated. our hearts are so broken and i have been trying to get this in some kind of prospective there is none. it is cruel abuse of family services money and most of all our kids that have to live with others that cannot love them like their biological mothers, grandparents and why do they(cps) get away with it ? why haven't we the real parents join forces against them? cause by the time we realize this is for real we have beenTERMINATED . AS WE GO THROUTH THIS PROCESS OF FAMILY COURTS we are so distraught and knocked off our feet by the time we realizeTHIS BULLSHIT we have just BEEN terminated . how the hell can this be the country of the free home of the brave land of oppertunity .... and they steal our kids and use our social security to pay for strangers to raise my kids AND TERMINATE ME A LOVING GRANDMOTHER DIEING TO TALK TO MY 3 GKIDS WE WERE SO CLOSE EACH DAY I WANT SOME ONE TO STOP THISPAIN THAT GETS MORE UNBEARABLE EACH DAY ,,EACH HOUR .. WHY AM I MISSING THE MOST IMPORTANT TIMES OF THEIR/OUR LIVES HOW MANY OF OTHER TERMINATED PARENTS FEEL THEY CAN DO SOMETHING TO BE REINSTATED AS OUR GOD GIVEN BIRTH RIGHT TO HAVE AND RAISE OUR OF SPRING . GOOD OR BAD PARENTING IS NOT SOME CPS FAMILY CASE WORKER DECISION IT IS CRIMINAL SEPARATING A MOTHER FROM HER BABIES AND THESE SELF PROCLAIMED SELF RIGHTOUS CPS AND FAMILY COURTS PEOPLE NEED STOPPED

Gdebski35

Postby Gdebski35 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Its the worst type of living there is; I could never understand how people could hand their kids over to social workers; until it happened to me. THey get the police and as many security guards as they can find and then they make sure you are along and then serve those papers. They try to tell you that you have no rights; but do not believe them. Call whoever you want if this happens. WHen the child is then taken. THose first few days .. You just want to die; I did at least. I couldnt think of how i would get him back. I got focused though and my husband helped as I did him. We worked on them as a team which is best as they are expecting you to fight with each other and them so you will never get the kids back. WE did SOmething Every single day to get our child returned home. I made many doctor apts for him so I could see him more often as our visits were only 2 hours; 2 days a week. and that was not enough. (worker complained though as she said most only get 1 hour a week for one day). You cannot give up you must get and stay focused on getting your child back. You must do whatever it is that they are asking of you; of course as long as it is court ordered to do it and if you are having trouble you must ask them for help in getting these done. Call him; write to him as least weekly, document your case and then Get it on the record! that is where you will win or lose and nothing else matters. Get your papers filed in court so that you have a fighting chance. DO not believe social workers lies that you do not need it as they could care less if you get him back. Please if you have a lawyer then work with that lawyer to get your child back. convince that lawyer that you are a good parent as well as the GAL then you will have at least two other people on your side. You must keep fighting until you do get your son home. I sure hope you get him back soon; Is he with relatives or his dad's?
THis should be illegal; these kidnappings.
Oh and please also Pray as this works miracles. It really does. Pray for the judges heart to be open and pray for the social workers heart to do the right thing as well as to be open. God can do what we humans cannot; and when dealing with CPS/DCF you will need super human strength so depend on GOD to help you along the way.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”