Is it possible?

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

Is it possible?

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:14 am

I know due to statute of limitations being able to sue those who wronged me is out of the question. Am I right? I know that someday I want to do something about all that happened. If I even began to tell you all that I know NOW after the stuff happened people would be shocked. Well maybe not so much here but other people who have not gone through this would be.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

monkette31

Re: Is it possible?

Postby monkette31 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Could be something to look into for you. I'm in California and the statute of limitations on suing is 2 years FROM THE TIME YOU REALIZE you have been wronged, so as explained to me, if you didn't realize or know you were wronged until say last year, you could still sue because the 2 year statute starts then, at the moment you find you were wronged. You could check out Virginia laws on this.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Yea I just do not know if I would be able to do so. The emotions that come into it and the trouble that was caused. I have promised myself that no matter what I did I would never bring the courts into the lives of my children now. There is no way I want them to live that life. They do not deserve it. I think if anything I would wait until my son turned 18 (2 more years) and then once he did I would talk to him. I have a strong feeling that if I try to contact him the adoptive parents are going to attempt something, and as far as I am concerned there is nothing they can do. Once he turns 18 the most they can do is threaten him by telling him he is no longer able to live there. Okay ...he can then come live with us. No one can say a thing then cause once again he is an adult.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Does anyone else know how this works?

(that is my quote)

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 pm

The suing or the contacting @18?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:10 pm

I would assume contacting him when he turns is a matter of choice. Once he is 18 there is not much they are able to do about a thing. I am speaking of the suing. Are there loop holes?

(that is my quote)

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Just a question... did you say previously that your case went all the way to the Supreme Court? If so, was the issue (assuming perjury) brought up in that case? If not, what was your basis for going to the Supreme Court and the disposition?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:03 pm

No my case went to the Supreme Court back in 2005 I think was the year. I know it has been quite some time. I knew that they lied in court and felt that if maybe someone were to look into the file they would see that. I am not sure what was in the file because needless to say that no matter what was to go in on my behalf they said was not able to be used in court. Yet the social workers were able to come in and deliberately lie in court and submit documents that in no way supported the truth. I have no idea what was in the file. I know that when I put in an appeal through the Circuit court it went to a board (what I was told) and then the Supreme Court had the right to look over it or not. I think that once it got to the final step (Supreme Court) they would not even LOOK at the case. I was irate.

(that is my quote)

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:27 am

pebbles04 wrote: I think that once it got to the final step (Supreme Court) they would not even LOOK at the case. I was irate.

Well, there has to be a fairly compelling argument that civil rights have been denied by the courts, laws ignored, judgments contrary to case law, etc. for it to make it to the Supreme Court. They only hear about 100-150 cases a year. You'd have to have an atty REALLY fighting for you and a clear violation of, say, Federal Law. So.... maybe your case was presented to the Supreme Court, but you didn't have a trial, so I'd be careful about saying that your case went to the Supreme Court.

A CPS case might end up in the event that, for example, a CPS jurisdiction told a parent that caseworkers had the right to enter any home without a warrant because they claim that their policy of removing children under emergency circumstances gave them the right to enter without a warrant. Then they asserted this was their right at the parent's hearing and the parent's atty objected, stating the 4th amendment rights, and the judge ruled in CPS's favor anyhow. Then it would have to be appealed at the appellate court level for that same law and the appellate court would have to rule in favor of CPS, still ignoring the constitutional rights afforded by the 4th amendment. Then there would have to be permission to petition the Supreme Court, briefs written, then they would have to decide it was worthy of the court's attention and hear the case.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Eljay wrote:
pebbles04 wrote: I think that once it got to the final step (Supreme Court) they would not even LOOK at the case. I was irate.

Well, there has to be a fairly compelling argument that civil rights have been denied by the courts, laws ignored, judgments contrary to case law, etc. for it to make it to the Supreme Court. They only hear about 100-150 cases a year. You'd have to have an atty REALLY fighting for you and a clear violation of, say, Federal Law. So.... maybe your case was presented to the Supreme Court, but you didn't have a trial, so I'd be careful about saying that your case went to the Supreme Court.

A CPS case might end up in the event that, for example, a CPS jurisdiction told a parent that caseworkers had the right to enter any home without a warrant because they claim that their policy of removing children under emergency circumstances gave them the right to enter without a warrant. Then they asserted this was their right at the parent's hearing and the parent's atty objected, stating the 4th amendment rights, and the judge ruled in CPS's favor anyhow. Then it would have to be appealed at the appellate court level for that same law and the appellate court would have to rule in favor of CPS, still ignoring the constitutional rights afforded by the 4th amendment. Then there would have to be permission to petition the Supreme Court, briefs written, then they would have to decide it was worthy of the court's attention and hear the case.

Be careful? I am confused. I know it went to the Supreme Court level. I see no reason to not mention that. I just know that once it got there was not heard. I asked later from others why and I was told that it was up to the panel of judges there whether to accept it and/or not. They did not even look into it as far as I am aware of. As for my rights. I do not think at the time I was going through all the stuff that happened was I given the right so to speak of my rights. I felt like a prisoner in my own country. The country that we are supposed to have certain freedoms and are innocent until proven guilty. I know that in the beginning when I was going through my court stuff I was told in walking through a juvenile court you are guilty until proven innocent. I hope my words do not come off bad I was just confused by what you put.

(that is my quote)

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:15 pm

You're right, it's just semantics. I can say that I "went to USC" ... but that was just on a college tour. I can say that I "worked at the White House" ... but that was just planting flowers with a scout troop. I just read more into "went to the supreme court" as that it was actually heard by the court. I could say that I "went to jail" ... but it was just to visit an uncle... it's all in how it's interpreted. My bad. If it were me, I'd say the case was presented to the SC, and/or declined to be heard by the SC.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”