Paranoid mom

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jane50.

Paranoid mom

Postby jane50. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:12 am

The CPS investigation has made me paranoid....last week a police car was parked at my kids school and I started to freak out. I know it isn't healthy to keep repeating to my kids the facts of life post CPS but I am so scared all the time now. Does this feeling go away. I don't even want to send my youngest to school.

My child's therapist said it was abusive to talk to the kids about CPS and what they can do to families but I was forced to educate my children to the facts of life when CPS is invovled. I try not to talk to my kids about it but when I saw the police car I was scared so I talked to my kids before they left my car to school. "Don't talk to anyone!" Aaaah! I feel so paranoid! :(

Eljay

Re: Paranoid mom

Postby Eljay » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! I don't think you're wrong to take precautions. My kids are in martial arts and sometimes get bruises and such. Last month my son got a black eye at class. I knew that people would ask and, for us, the explanation would be reasonable. Then, after he'd been at school for an hour, I realized that someone might overreact. I drove to school, caught him between classes and told him, "if they ask, tell them it happened at martial arts. if they ask anything else, tell them you want your mother or lawyer present!"

So... you're not alone. :)
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

jane50.

Postby jane50. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 pm

:lol: thank you....I have told my kids the same, "if anyone wants to talk to you alone tell them you have a lawyer and can't!" I first told them to call home then realized if I was the "perpetrator" they aren't allow to have me in the interview and they probably wouldn't be allowed to call home. Now I just tell them not to talk and tell them we have a lawyer. It kills me to have to teach my kids this! I guess I just have to remember kids are people too and they need to learn their rights under the US government.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm

The therapist is one of them. That's the only way she'd view that as abusive.

You have every reason to be hypervigilant. You are not paranoid.

If your case is closed it may give you peace of mind to move and not let them know where you've gone.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 pm

jane50. wrote:My child's therapist said it was abusive to talk to the kids about CPS

Can you switch therapists? Abuse means raping, beating, starving, or burning your child. Any therapist who puts talking to you kids about a genuine threat--which is what CPS is--in the same category as real abuse has a screw loose, at best. At worst, she may report you to CPS for that very reason.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

jane50.

Postby jane50. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:40 am

I actually did stop going to the therapist because she was making me angry! Our case is closed, nightmare over but the feeling of betrayal, hurt and untrust are still here. The fact that everything we were told were lies just blows all confidence in people forever. And I use to believe only bad parents were contacted by CPS! And yes, moving is in our future. Finances are tight right now after lawyer fees and such. :evil:

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 pm

jane50. wrote:The CPS investigation has made me paranoid....last week a police car was parked at my kids school and I started to freak out. I know it isn't healthy to keep repeating to my kids the facts of life post CPS but I am so scared all the time now. Does this feeling go away. I don't even want to send my youngest to school.

My child's therapist said it was abusive to talk to the kids about CPS and what they can do to families but I was forced to educate my children to the facts of life when CPS is invovled. I try not to talk to my kids about it but when I saw the police car I was scared so I talked to my kids before they left my car to school. "Don't talk to anyone!" Aaaah! I feel so paranoid! :(

I can, sadly, relate. I just put a curtain over my front door's tiny window. The CPS monster could reappear and take my child after "documenting" that my home is filthy because she saw school projects, after school snacks, and school books sitting around the living room. :x

jane50.

Postby jane50. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 am

do any of these CPS people have children? Children create mess. Filthy is very different than a child's mess! Homes that have normal healthy children do not look like the model home in magazines or movies.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 am

jane50. wrote:do any of these CPS people have children? Children create mess. Filthy is very different than a child's mess! Homes that have normal healthy children do not look like the model home in magazines or movies.

Most do not have children. And the way they are towards others, it is better that they never do.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”