Our case hasn't been closed...

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Homeschoolmom7

Our case hasn't been closed...

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm

...but when it is..I need this to be our last 'run in' with CPS. I really just don't think I can mentally take another investigation. My kids freeze and instinctively turn down the TV volume when someone..anyone knocks at the door. I'm afraid to let my kids play in the yard, in fear that a neighbor will feel it's not 'proper' parenting and will call us in, thus opening a new case. I'm terrified I'll discipline in a way that my kids feel is too harsh or family feels isn't appropriates...and we will be called in. I've gone so far as to intall room darkening blinds on our windows, so that if CPS does knock...we have a fighting chance that they won't realize we're home (It's worked every time so far!)
How do you, that have successfully put CPS behind them, get your life back? I almost feel like, after 4 years and more than a dozen unfounded cases later, I suffer from a mild case of PTSD....if that's even possible.

Eljay

Re: Our case hasn't been closed...

Postby Eljay » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm

I seriously dare you to file an anti harassment order of protection against them. Seriously.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:58 am

I highly recommend all of you just move away from the area. Whoever is calling on you will keep calling on you.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:55 am

noroses4u2c wrote:I highly recommend all of you just move away from the area. Whoever is calling on you will keep calling on you.

Except that her ex-husband is the one who made the first 10+ calls. She can't escape him... well, then again, she could file an RO against him for harassment. Filing a false report is illegal so why has this not been escalated before?

I hope you saw in my last post on your prior thread... file a restraining order against CPS. I dare you. :)
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Eljay wrote:
noroses4u2c wrote:I highly recommend all of you just move away from the area. Whoever is calling on you will keep calling on you.

Except that her ex-husband is the one who made the first 10+ calls. She can't escape him... well, then again, she could file an RO against him for harassment. Filing a false report is illegal so why has this not been escalated before?

I hope you saw in my last post on your prior thread... file a restraining order against CPS. I dare you. :)

Exactly! He made the first...10 or 11 calls, all within a 6ish month period. The next was a neighbor that was essentially nosey and reported my son for playing outside during school hours (he's homeschooled!) :x The next 3 cases were apparently made into one (My 3 middle kids literally escaping from the house one morning, allegations of my husband biting my son, our family turning allegations around when our children admitted grandma caused son's injury)
As far as my X...the reason he called CPS as much as he did was due to a RO I already had on him! He was not able to harass me directly so he chose to do so through a gov. agency! When I brought this up to both CPS and the commissioner that granted my harassment/domestic violence RO I was told that there was NOTHING that could be done to prevent an individual from calling a gov. agency. They would hope he would use reason but could not promise it wouldn't continue to happen. :(

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Eljay wrote:

I am very interested in doing this! I told my husband that we're safe....for now. Our file is bulging in their cabinets and it's only a matter of time before they come knocking again.
I do have to wonder....if this has been done before, how successful are the attempts of those that have tried?

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 am

Get some cheap video recording devices. One for the front door. Make it obvious. Video for some reason scares everybody, when in reality you should always expect it. Not saying it will deter them, but it keeps people on their toes.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:14 am

A video camera on the front door can connect to your TV. If someone knocks, switch to the monitor channel to see who it is.

If you can manage, sue those who you know are filing false reports.

If you can manage, move out of that county.

A while back there was a CPS worker in this area who kept coming to my door with ridiculous reports... I wrote a letter to him then sent it far and wide - to the county personnel department, his supervisors up the chain, my state legislators, county board of supervisors, county grand jury, the press, etc.... the letter detailed each incident of harassment, dates, and the things he accused me of, such as homeschooling (which is legal) and the fact that my daughter bit her own arm which was not abuse on my part... etc etc etc ... and he didn't bother me again for years, until one day when I followed his car to see who he was harassing. The following day he phoned me again threatening me regarding my daughter. Once my neighbor called CPS because a bear kept getting into our trash and scattering it, and they decided not to respond. So my letter really helped. See if you can contact the elected county supervisor for your area of the county and befriend that person so he or she will want to help keep CPS workers off your back.

Good luck..
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:20 am

LindaJM wrote:A video camera on the front door can connect to your TV. If someone knocks, switch to the monitor channel to see who it is.

If you can manage, sue those who you know are filing false reports.

If you can manage, move out of that county.

A while back there was a CPS worker in this area who kept coming to my door with ridiculous reports... I wrote a letter to him then sent it far and wide - to the county personnel department, his supervisors up the chain, my state legislators, county board of supervisors, county grand jury, the press, etc.... the letter detailed each incident of harassment, dates, and the things he accused me of, such as homeschooling (which is legal) and the fact that my daughter bit her own arm which was not abuse on my part... etc etc etc ... and he didn't bother me again for years, until one day when I followed his car to see who he was harassing. The following day he phoned me again threatening me regarding my daughter. Once my neighbor called CPS because a bear kept getting into our trash and scattering it, and they decided not to respond. So my letter really helped. See if you can contact the elected county supervisor for your area of the county and befriend that person so he or she will want to help keep CPS workers off your back.

Good luck..

harborfreight.com has a cheap camera that plugs into a computer. I had a neighbor back in CALI that would mess with my police k9. Yeah not real smart. I put the camera up on the 2nd story, and showed all the kids in the 'hood what it watched. My dog was left alone after that. They work.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”