Generalyzing me? Yes all the time.

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

survivorsofcps

Generalyzing me? Yes all the time.

Postby survivorsofcps » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:32 am

i thinks this bears repeating

i thought about it. I do tend to generalize a lot.
I tend to refer to social workers as social abusers. Though that might not always be true.
I tend to look at foster parents as paid foster abusers. Though that is only true of those who only care about the money.
i tend to look at the foster care system as foster incarceration. Although to some foster children it may be a refuge those who really were abused by their real parents & are not being abused in care.
I tend to look at adoption as baby stealing for richer people. I'm certain that this is not their intent in the majority of cases.
However to all of it that is how it felt to me.

i'm sorry to those i may have offended in my statements/story. Your right i do generalize too much. I want to convey how i felt about my experience without offending my readers. i know there are good foster parents/social workers/adoptive parents out there. My book is not just for people who hate cps. I really want to make the system better for EVERYONE involved.

noroses4u2c

Re: Generalyzing me? Yes all the time.

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:49 am

Honey, dealing with the pain you went through is a process. Everyone here has generalized at some point. Learning to see the big picture is a process as well.

A large percentage of social workers are abusers themselves. Those that are not do not tend to stay in the profession until retirement. It takes a certain mind set to believe that only your way is the right way and anyone who doesn't believe as you do is dangerous.

My grandmother was a foster parent from time to time. She treated the children as part of the family and cared for them. So many of the foster parents today only do it for the money.

When your experience has been bad, like yours has been, then that is how you tend to see that aspect of life. It does not make your experiences invalid. Many tend to invalidate others in their rush to correct a generalization. There are tactful ways to go about things.

Your experience was real. Your experience was horrible. Your tragedy ripped a hole through you that can never be completely mended. You have a right to feel the way you do. Your experience happened to you. No one has the right to dictate to you how to feel about it.

There are many in similar circumstances as yourself. Far too many. They long for their pain to be acknowledged. That is one thing your book can end up doing. Someone in your circumstance can read your book one day and say 'that happened to me' and maybe feel they can tell their story as well.

Even in many abusive homes I don't think breaking up the family is necessarily the answer. Many of the abusive parents had been abused as well and there is a cycle repeating. It is possible to break the cycle without breaking the people involved. If the parents want to change and the children want their parents then why break them up? Have therapy available. Mentorship programs for the families. There can be a strength that can come from their healing as a family. Breaking up families should be rare and last resort. With CPS it is the first thing done much of the time and it just leaves everyone shattered.

I love you, sweetie. You have been through so much pain, and still you care so much for others. I wish I could give you a big hug.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

survivorsofcps

Re: Generalyzing me? Yes all the time.

Postby survivorsofcps » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

thanks. :)

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”