Knocking, everything is scary

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mom2many

Knocking, everything is scary

Postby mom2many » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 am

It's the ninth day since our two youngest were kidnapped by CPS. We instantly go into "fight or flight" mode whenever someone knocks on our door. I get suspicious when people drive too close. I see kids who look like mine wherever we go. I wake up at night thinking that one managed to escape them and is trying to get back in the door. Every night, my dreams include what is going on with this case. Last night I dreamed that both were back in our home, that they found their own way back together and we were trying to figure out how to hide them from the government, then the truth came out and we were being congratulated on not having to worry about this happening to our children again.

There's just no break from what happened. We did a bit of cleaning in their bedroom, picking up the toys and clothes they threw around trying to pack, folding the blankets that the social worker claims they do not have, getting their laundry from their laundry bag. Not knowing what to do with the room. At first we didn't touch their room, wanting them to come back to it exactly how it was. Waking up and immediately thinking "gotta check on them and get them breakfast." Will I be a horrible parent if I permit another child to use that bedroom? Will it help to have SOMEONE in there, or make it ten times worse?

Adjusting our norm...still buying and making food for seven when there's only five now, thinking "they would have really like this." The call from the Avon rep, where I had ordered some holiday stuff for them and now am not permitted to see them and do not know if my husband will, as they still haven't set it up and told one of our "references" that they'd be seeking a no contact order against my husband too, though they said it before court and only asked for it against me in court.

I've heard my daughter calling for help, heard her scream at 2am and there's no way to know if she's getting hurt or if this is the result of my own trauma.

CPS is the epitome of evil.

Eljay

Re: Knocking, everything is scary

Postby Eljay » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 am

I'm so sorry. It is truly heartbreaking. :(
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:08 am

Yes, I've been going through this too. I guess it's our new 'normal'. :(
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 pm

You're starting with post traumatic stress disorder. It is traumatic having your children stolen by fat ugly pieces of crap like I saw in the video. They've put you in a situation where you are being persecuted due to their own greed in getting their hands on your children. I am surprised they haven't started in on the other kids with you.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

mom2many

Postby mom2many » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm

If they start with the other kids, they lose half their case because half their complaints seem to be that they are treated different.

Well freakin' DUH! The other kids are older and not diagnosed with mental health conditions. The older ones were raised in a different culture than the younger two until I married DH 3 1/2 years ago and some of those differences do not change. They're not even the same race. They have different interests. They do different things. Who was sitting at home while the younger two went on vacation with their dad? My older three and myself. When the father of the older three came to visit and did stuff with them, the social worker is using THAT to say the younger ones were excluded from activities, so why isn't she bringing up that the same summer, the younger ones went on vacation for a week with THEIR dad? Yes, we feed them different. The older ones make a lot of their own cultural style foods and use red hot chilis and stuff, while the younger two won't touch half of it because they think even plain black pepper is too spicy. And we prepare ALL of the younger kids meals and when we don't, they go out to eat, while the older ones often make their own because they eat at different times, one is mostly vegetarian, etc..

Because she's evil, that's why. We're a mixed family, racially, culturally, and in religion. We work with it and it works for us. It's a beautiful thing! Now this one comes in, of a totally different race than any of us and admitting she doesn't have any clue what the younger kid's diagnosis is, and then makes up all kinds of ridiculous crud.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off. Rants happen. I ticked her off because I reported her to her supervisor, which is the huge chick in the video that kept rushing the kids and wouldn't even let them take the blankets their deceased mother bought for them or anything to remind them of us when they asked if they could take something for comfort.

Evil, nasty, corrupt...

Yeah, PTSD most certainly. Hubby is starting to dream too now and I spent half the day in tears. I thought maybe I'd gone numb, but the longer this goes on, it only gets worse.

mom2many

Postby mom2many » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh, I guess I didn't ask what I should have.

What does one do with PTSD? It's working on making both my husband and myself unable to function properly. There's not even a break while we're asleep because then we dream stuff. It didn't help that the worker said she could show up any time of day, so we're living in fear that she'll show up again. He keeps the door open at the end of school hours in case our son runs in, I'm waking at night with every noise thinking he's trying to get in.

We can't help them if we aren't okay ourselves, and we're not okay right now. We need to be okay and right now, we can't seem to beat the trauma monster.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Well, there's literally thousands of us who have and are experiencing what ya'll are, so know that you are not alone. The grief, the anger is overwhelming and I suggest therapy and medications, if it's really bad. I tried cymbalta and it worked but for other reasons, chose not to continue it. If you choose to get this type of help for yourself, don't tell anyone, they'll just use it against you.

Also, there are a few non profits who have graduate interns earning their therapy hours with a supervisor that can offer you FREE therapy. I mean you really need someone that understands what is going on and can keep you centered. I know the feelings you are having, most likely you truly are in shock right now. I think what makes it worse is that I believe we all know our own problems and at least in my case I can admit to them and take responsibility for them but when an agency comes in like this, with nazi like powers and removes children unjustly, it makes it so much worse. so much very worse.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”