On our EIGHTH visit by CPS!!

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Enchanted*Forester

On our EIGHTH visit by CPS!!

Postby Enchanted*Forester » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:39 am

After losing our son for over 8 months and having several visits since then, we are now on #8. The funny (no, not really) part is that we currently have our 2nd investigation open while the 8th visit takes place. The charges?? My 6 year old had bruises on his knees. Yup. That's it! Our current case is open due to us grounding our 12 year old (Heads up! You can't send kids to their room anymore.) He was finally diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder by the CPS' very own Psychologist! Our lawyer's only advice to us is move out of the county we're in. This is something we've wanted to do for quite some time, but now, we have no choice if we hope to survive as a family! The CPS workers have no one to answer to. Their only concern is making their paperwork look good. For example: Our worker told us she HAS to keep the case open a minimum of 3 months. During that time she HAS to visit with all of us at least 3 times per month. Do you know when she calls to make these appointments? Three days before the end of the month! Half the time she's a no-call, no-show but then makes it up by barging in at the worst possible times! She wanted to lengthen our "open" case longer so they could pay for services! I told her NO THANKS! We are more than able to pay for our counseling (something we wouldn't have to do if they kept their noses out of our business!) Well, we have 6 more days till the case is supposed to be closed (AGAIN!) Time will tell if they keep their word. We're not holding our breath. We now have our house for sale and are looking to leave this county.

When will this family abuse end???
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away...

family_man

Re: On our EIGHTH visit by CPS!!

Postby family_man » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:10 pm

OK so your children have been in foster care for 8 months, correct? Is that what you mean by "losing" your son? The reason for CPS intervention was that you "grounded" your 12-yr old in his room. Correct?

Then another report of harm is filed by someone because of a bruise on your son's knee, correct? Why are they blaming your for that, and not the foster parent?

Is this what is happening, or am I confused?
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

treytrey1

Re: On our EIGHTH visit by CPS!!

Postby treytrey1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 am

It sounds to me like they took the 12 yr old for 8 months but now hes home. I think both the kids are home by what I read.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”