How Do You Feel? re: background checks, central index

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

dachshundfan

How Do You Feel? re: background checks, central index

Postby dachshundfan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:30 pm

How do you feel knowing that your innocent and have a founded case against you....which will now be on your background? How can you possibly get over something like this?

LindaJM

Re: How Do You Feel? re: background checks, central index

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi, I was looking through the message board today ... looking for unanswered postings, and found yours. Sorry you didn't get a response when you first posted it. My life was in turmoil for a long time so my message board participation was lacking.

All is better now.

I'm like you... I have been included in the central index even though there were no charges of child abuse against me. The case was about me being battered by my baby's father... they said I was unable to protect myself and therefore was unable to protect my baby. I got her back after eight months, but the fact remains that my name is on the central index and whoever sees that will assume there was child abuse and that I could be a danger to kids!

That's so hard to accept, since I dearly love children, and part of my education was in Early Childhood Education and I could be working as a preschool teacher or administrator were it not for the listing on the central index.

How I cope with that? It has been more than twenty years. I changed my career goals. I never ever have placed myself in a situation where I'd have to have a background check. If I find out they want to do a background check, I back out. I'm not interested in having to explain myself.

I tried that once when I wanted to work in our small town community's volunteer ambulance service. I took the EMT class, then when I realized there would be a background check, I explained my situation to others in the ambulance service office, and some of them acted like they thought I was probably lying about the reason I was involved with CPS. Yes, it hurt, frustrated, and saddened me. (Not all of them reacted that way, but it was enough.) I had enough documentation to show that what I said was true, but I immediately lost interest in trying, as I didn't want to be around judgmental people.

Once I wanted to volunteer to help in a church nursery as they were asking for help, and when I went there, I was handed a thick packet of papers to fill out and was told there would be a background check. I know that they're trying to protect kids and themselves as well, but I didn't want to do it after that. I just don't want to have to try to explain myself (like I did in the ambulance office) then have people thinking I could be lying.

This could be unnecessary, for all I know. I have never really fought to get a job despite the listing. I know it can be done because I know of another woman who lived in our town whose daughter had been in a foster home, and she was working as a Headstart teacher. So apparently if you try hard enough you can get a job anyway, depending on your situation, of course.

So, my way of dealing with it... is to just avoid situations where it comes up. There are plenty of other things to do in life. I still love kids. I write books for them........ you don't need a background check for that.

I guess I'm pretty good at avoiding things. I've also never taken a drug test. If I knew a job required one, I wouldn't apply there. It isn't because I use drugs (I don't use them) but because I just don't want to cooperate with the process. I really feel sorry for all of you out there who are being forced into unnecessary drug testing by CPS. I think that's a terrible violation of human and civil rights, especially in cases where there's no indication of drug use.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

family_man

Postby family_man » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Thankfully, there is no national child abuse registry, yet. I'm quite certain my wife and I would not pass such a background check in our former state, where we had all of our trouble. But we both passed here in TX. I consider this "good" because anybody could get on a state's registry without CPS having to produce any evidence at all that abuse/neglect occurred.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:00 pm

My biggest problem is even if I manage to get to another state, I have zero references. I have no one to put on a job application for a reference because everyone believed that I 'must be guilty' and turned on me, even people who had known me much of my life. I will never forgive any of them for that, either.

I have a master's degree and can never work in my field. I owe now nearly $150k in student loan debt with it growing a lot every year thanks to interest. I'll never be able to pay it back.

I feel very powerless. I feel empty, powerless, hopeless, and ruined. And I am all of those things that I feel. I have zero friends. My family is my enemy. And where I live now every time I have a friendly conversation with someone who doesn't know about it, someone else who knows lets them know and then they disappear or attack as well. I can never make friends where I am, but I haven't yet acquired the means to leave either, in part because I am so socially ostracized. People won't even buy my furniture or things so I can move. Like these yard sale sites on facebook, for example. I can post something that someone else has already posted and sold quickly and had lots of people after it. Because it's me posting it I am either ignored or people will be no shows and deliberately waste my time. One woman even was laughing and taunting me on my posting after she deliberately had me wait somewhere when she deliberately wasted my time. They even spread my phone number around town and people were randomly calling me all hours of day/night to harass me. I ended up having to change my number and just didn't give new one out. And that's just an example of how people treat me. I am accosted in public. I am cussed. People will stare at me. I am always hypervigilant now when I go out because someone might attack me again. I've had my vehicle vandalized. And I live with this every single day of my life.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:13 pm

How awful... I didn't know all that was happening to you! Can you put your things on Craigslist where people outside your local area will see things you want to sell? I'm almost afraid to ask because I know it must be a small community, but have you gone to a church? I'm asking because what you said about being powerless, hopeless, and ruined, is exactly what churches are for. I hope there is a pastor there you could talk to about that. I'm glad you're back here at this message board. I wondered what had become of you. I'm very sorry your daughter has PAS now.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:50 am

It started happening to me within few weeks after she was taken and the case workers were spreading around what I was accused of doing. It got worse as it went along.

I moved out of town 2012 after case was closed because of the harassment. Early 2013 the people involved in the case found out where I moved. The police raided my place little after 3am because they got a 'tip' that I was brandishing a weapon, threatening to kill myself and others. I was lucky I wasn't shot. I had been in bed trying to sleep. I didn't know at first it was the cops and thought it was a home invasion robbery. I had my gun out until I realized it was the police, and then I quickly hid it before they could see it.

So I moved to another neighboring town, and things were going okay at first. Then the social workers from the closed case went onto the yard sale sites spreading stuff about me and things went downhill after that. The primary worker from the case has always enjoyed messing with me.

While the case was going on, I was harassed by the cops on a regular basis. Every time someone looked into it though, the cops lied and claimed they'd never been at my place even though they'd even talked to my neighbors about me. They kept searching without a warrant when I was there and when I stopped answering the door for them CPS started scheduling more meetings and then I'd come back to find that my place had been searched again. My papers from government ethics classes even disappeared at one point and the workers started talking about what I had wrote about the government in those papers during the meetings. It was used to bolster claim of mental illness. They would make cracks about me during the meetings and look at me. The papers didn't really even reflect my beliefs most of the time. I just rewrote what the professors said into my own words to get better grades because a lot of them didn't like differing opinion. I guess my professors were all mentally ill.

The judge even had state troopers harass me after I posted a blog telling how corrupt she is and posted screenshots showing how she was Facebook buddies with everyone involved in the case.

If I ever get away from here I need to not let anyone know where I went. And I know I need to leave the state.

I have PTSD so bad from all that has been happening to me for the past four years, more than four years now. I've even been sick on my stomach from the anxiety when I'd go in public because I never know when someone will do something again.

I'm hoping to leave one way or another beginning of next year when the lease is up. I've been dumping lots of stuff at goodwill trying to get rid of it. I just really need to sell some things so I can get some repairs done on my vehicle for travel. I keep posting stuff for sale and ever so often one thing will sell. I sold three items since August though. Not much at all. I always have to wait for someone not connected to local gossip chain to want something I'm selling.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:06 pm

When I moved in 2013 (from Northern CA to Idaho) I sold some furniture but gave away a lot of things too. If you really want to leave, consider donating to charity or just giving stuff away to lighten your load. The freedom of being without possessions is priceless.

However - don't give away your car! I gave both my car and van away and regretted it terribly. I'm used to it now. I can't really afford to own a car right now.

It is hard to move without people finding out where you're at. There are a lot of sites on the internet that track people... they can tell where you are, with your address and phone number too! For example: http://radaris.com/ ...but there are many other sites like it. That's probably how your enemies are able to track you and continue harassing you.

If you could find out who exactly is doing it, you could sue them. Calling the police with false reports is illegal.

One way you might be able to protect your privacy is to live in someone else's home - rent just a room from someone... don't get your own telephone. Get a PO box for your mail and give no one your home address. Try to get a room that offers internet access.

Maybe after a while the people who are harassing you will give up and find a new hobby.
Sample Document Library

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”