I won't ever heal from my children being taken by CPS

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Chris516

I won't ever heal from my children being taken by CPS

Postby Chris516 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:07 pm

It has been 17yrs. since CPS not only took my kids. They never questioned my (ex)wife's inability to be a single mother. Until my parent's took them to court, which is when my (ex)wife was shown to be an unfit mother.

While I do get to see my kids. I get to see my son(20, has lived with dad n' step-mom since then) occasionally during the year. I get to see my daughter(18, adopted by local couple when she wasn't even a year old), only once a year. At one point, I moved 1,000mi. away for four years. Partly because I never really got to see my kids. When I tried to see them, there was always an excuse as to why I couldn't see them. Then when I moved away, I was told that they wanted to see me. By the same people who were making it hard to see the kids in the first place.

LindaJM

Re: I won't ever heal from my children being taken by CPS

Postby LindaJM » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Chris,

Yes, CPS leaves lasting scars. I hope while your children are adults you'll be able to have a better and closer relationship with them.

I had my family broken up as well. I have one daughter who was brainwashed against me; she still will not talk to me and is in her 30's now. I haven't spoken to her in about fifteen years and she won't even tell me why she won't talk to me! It is all very disturbing.

We all want those perfect relationships with our kids and when it doesn't happen, the trauma seems never to end.

Oh, I have accepted my daughter's decision, more or less. I pray for her and I am grateful all my other children love me and want to spend time with me. Honestly, my relationships with my adult children have been a lot more fun and rewarding than our relationships when they were younger. So don't give up now; find some fun things for you to do together.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Chris516

Postby Chris516 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks.

My son is presently at a school out-of-state. It is not a college. I think it is to help him with his independent living skills. As for my daughter, I might as well not exist. When she had her 18th birthday in September. I sent her a happy birthday note on Facebook. I didn't hear anything back from her. No thank you for the note. Nothing. :(

bstarz47

Postby bstarz47 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:13 am

I am only too familiar with the pain you have been going thru.
My husband and I had our rights terminated on January 28, 2015 by CPS.
Only after my 20 year old son befriended the foster family that has custody of my 5 year old daughter.
He sat up at the jury trial telling all kinds of lies that my husband had always been abusive to him.
Which I know are lies. Only because he does not like him. He saw this as an opportunity.
His testimony alone killed our case because the jury believed him.
Now we wont be able to see our daughter 5 and son that is 15 till they reach the age of 18,
I know how hard day to day life can be and you are not alone there are many parents that suffer this kind of trauma in the hands of cps. You only understand if you have lived this. Hang in there things will turn around for you.

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:06 pm

My children were kidnapped from me, although they were returned to me two years later (the majority of time, I was not allowed to have any interaction) and we were to reclaim whatever amount of normalcy we could. The damage was done. That was 10 years ago.

My children now 18, 16, and 12, always question reality. They always mistrust, me especially. They are always afraid that I will "abandon" them.

I keep reminding myself that what CYFD did to me, they did to them. They lied, constantly inciting fear into them, and making me out to be the evil abusive/neglectful mother. My children were just babies 2, 6, and 8 (my oldest celebrating her birthday the week they took her). They were defenseless to those monsters.

All I can do to this day is love. Make it available to them and let them decide.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”