how to keep a cool head

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sweetlxy409

how to keep a cool head

Postby sweetlxy409 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 pm

i have a hard time because they are always coming up with something else

LindaJM

Re: how to keep a cool head

Postby LindaJM » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

Keep an eye on the future and remember that "this too will pass."

This is like a life-training event for you. There's a lot of frustration and irritation when CPS forces you through hoops but it is training for patience, and will change you in ways that will be beneficial for you in the future.

I have a saying that has helped me a lot in difficulties, dealing with angry or upsetting people, and that is "fly above the situation." To me, this means to look at the situation from an elevated perspective... not as a person who is going to react (probably in a self-defensive, negative way) but instead as a person who sees all aspects of the situation as if looking down from the viewpoint of a bird flying overhead, or an angel or other heavenly being who judges no one but is patient with all. Doing that totally changes my perspective and my reactions.

I hope this helps.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:30 pm

I have had two social workers scream in my face at the same time, hitting the table in front of them, "I know you abused your children!!"

In order to keep calm, I just remind myself that these people are waiting, wanting me to break. The minute I do, I give them the key and power to my life. I let them seal my fate. I think about my kids and how they need me. I think about how much I hate these people. I would never willingly hand over my children. I would never willingly hand them over to someone I despise. By loosing my cool, that is exactly what I would be doing. My kids need me.

I do not speak. I breathe. I keep my hands out at the table at all times. I do not flinch. I do not ball my fist. I do bite my lip. I breathe. I watch my body language. I try and focus on my breathing, don't breathe too fast, too deep. Just breathe.

They will hang themselves. But I will NEVER assist them in hanging me.

I kept a journal at all times, and I wrote down everything they said. I asked them to repeat it, so they knew I am recording everything.

I focused all of my hatred towards motivating me to educate myself and to fight back in the only way that would benefit my children: in the courts.

Then I came here and I vented.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Good show... you learned what they wanted - to break you - and you did not let them do it. And that is probably why you got your children returned to you. Congrats on that!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”